Resource Chunk Remanagement

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
Not mobile launcher and mobile refinery. They have to be anchored in place although I have seen a mobile refinery setup. Check out my post on here for my tech, the base builds I have done are on there.

Venture and i think Better Future have mobile refineries and launchers.

minimic2002

Sep 13, 2020
I have experienced this issue quite a few times, I've found somewhat of a solution for refined chunks, basically by making GeoCorp blocks out of refined materials you can then scrap them again, this is a common method of storing but the main issue is that if you scrap the whole thing you then have the same issue all over again. Instead what you can do is scrap the block but make sure whatever is connected to it does not have silos that can hold the chunks, this means the conveyor for that chunk will fill up and the resources from the scrapper will continue to come out of it as it is needed while not rendering the chunks into the game yet. However if the scrapper is destroyed any chunks that haven't been pulled out of it will be lost so you have to make sure you can protect your base if you are doing this.

The only other thing I have tried is using a dropped to just drop all the chunks on the floor and pick them back up again, this way I can use a rotating anchor with a AI to make it slowly spin so it will leave a decent trail of blocks that are temporarily 'stored' without masses of silos. I don't recommend doing this as it does not reduce lag, it is however useful if you are working in an area like the spider fortress where you can fill the place up with thousands of ore for hours of crafting. Doing too much of it is not performance friendly at all.

minimic2002

Sep 13, 2020
Did you know that you can "Stack" the Silos? you still have to have them attached to something, but other than that you can layer them without spacing as deep as you need, and use a combination of an Alternator, and a filtered silo to indicate content. You can do the same thing with collectors.
Yeah i had that idea too about the vertical silos. kind of a command and conquer vibe, i just thought of a large growing chunk as a slightly more visual way to display it similar how it is displayed currently.

I agree. i'd really take anything that doesn't kill FPS. reuse the model for the GSO big poppa fuel tank. it makes it hard to want to keep playing in a campaign save late game for me.

I've gone vertical before, but not that compact. i'll have to go back to the ol' r&d test chamber and try to come up with something like that

Those are my last couple bases
These are good starter bases, something I have learned to do is to create a sort of flat board of silos and then work on both the front and back of it for refining and production. This means that usually the silos are hard to get to but it cuts down time spent on conveyors while maximising the production capabilities. (I play a lot of space engineers where there is no right way up, its trippy but you learn to think outside the box and to work upside-down and sideways. Its especially useful when applied to stuff like this.)

Bazzietuk

Sep 7, 2019
These are good starter bases, something I have learned to do is to create a sort of flat board of silos and then work on both the front and back of it for refining and production. This means that usually the silos are hard to get to but it cuts down time spent on conveyors while maximising the production capabilities. (I play a lot of space engineers where there is no right way up, its trippy but you learn to think outside the box and to work upside-down and sideways. Its especially useful when applied to stuff like this.)
I've build vertical and horizontal bases and compact bases as well using both sides of the conveyors. The whole fab/storage/conveyor/factory system needs a complete overhaul to keep up but someone said before it'd be a complete rewrite of the game to do that so they won't bother, it will always remain broken while they add other things to the game. Later in the campaign it's quite redundant anyway when you can just buy everything instead of making it and hoping the system doesn't come to a complete stop because it's dumb and can't order the right part needed to complete the fabrication process. Cruise missile was the worst some of the parts couldn't be made so you had to store them and manually make parts yourself to complete the order. Simpler to just plant the shop part and purchase it instead.

Saying that the whole campaign needs an endgame or you just keep plodding on with the same missions and not much else to do especially if you are max level on all corporations. Said before they need to set an end goal like create a craft able to launch like a rocket to escape the planet then crash on another planet with a bit more cash and a few resources to start again. It's sort of like a start/end mission type of setup but it gives something to aim for.