Regards to the ZTech and sister companies aircraft

TheGamingEnder

Founded ZTech and BlackWing, Chief of N.A.S.F-01
Nov 2, 2018
moving across the Off World like a nomad
So, the leader of NOVA brought up a point stating most of my aircraft can be completely demolished with a missile, and that brings me to address these situations before I continue with my planes. my planes are not built heavy and rugged, as from old comm cores and a showcase video show that my aircraft are meant for all to fly with ease, and have been respected as high performance aircraft for the devs and reaperx1(I've not seen him online for a long time), although they only tested the first generation and the pre-runner to ZTech's ZPro line. to make them, it takes a long time after the initial build(I got about a 70% chance of it being right the first time) to tune it to go as fast and be as agile as possible, and making a weaponized one is like 10x harder, as you will need to spend a ton of time balancing it out so if can actually fly somewhat stable. it takes me up to about 2-3 hours to balance most of my aircraft that have been weaponized, and just general balancing as well in this time period. the reason for their weak, fragile bodies? the fact that I need my clients be able to maneuver in the skies with some weaponized power on them. the fighter I mainly do I have said in the past are more suited for air-to-air, where missiles are less in aircraft dogfights, the area where they ace out, being alot more maneuverable to this day than aircraft I have flown on the workshop. I l know people want these things to heal and whatnot, but for me, unlike people with ground bases techs who can slap on a power system and call it good, I have to spend hours making sure it can hold power, be protected enough, and have the entire craft covered, while balancing flight performance. it's the same with jets as well, but you got to manage fuel.

TheGamingEnder

Nov 2, 2018
so when people complain my aircraft are too fragile for use, it kinda gives me a bit of pain, for I spend a long time thinking out these planes and then build them, just for someone to complain. seriously, to balance a plane is kinda like balancing a massive plate on a toothpick, as that plate carries a meal and is spinning. I know that I should try making more air-to-ground machines and bombers, but the weight of them needs to be countered. missiles are over powered against them, but for me, high performance needs to be a thing in fighters for TT. many people make planes that either have high firepower or high performance, and they just seem weak for their purpose, although they can be massive and well protected. it's like trying to take one or the other. either way, it was just wrong for me. that's how I made the Seeker, which performed amazingly, although I did not have any skill to build the aircraft. soon, I came back to the plane thing a year later, and nothing really changed. so I made that change. ZTech formed, and just from the one ZPro I built for the lemon kingdom, I made a thriving kingdom, and a new generation of aircraft in terratech that tried to bring the two worlds of the aircrafts together. my desire for the aircraft of my dreams in TT has led me on this 1-year journey, and I still strive for it. piece by piece, from every ZPro, BlackWing aircraft, the GA planes, ZAir, ZSpace, ZStar, and now the N.A.S.F-01, I put my plane together. it's still not there, but it is, just a piece from my trials with every aircraft, and all of them form that dream.

Nooboid

Not A Noob
Apr 3, 2019
Main Z-Sector Black Hole
Well said. As a fellow maker of unshielded planes, i agree with a lot of these points. My aircraft are almost all perfectly stable and a dream to fly, but split in half whenever a missile even thinks of aiming at them. I personally think that there should be at least some defence against missiles for small planes that can't afford to lug around a heavy lump of power storage.

Reactions: Skihiley

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Aug 25, 2018
Eh... it takes more work to make shielded planes, that's for sure, but that's how you become a better player. I spend a great deal of time perfectly balancing my planes, most of which have shields. I helped you with some of yours, as you might recall.

As a modder, I know the feeling of creating something, then people complaining at you. It's not fun. But the best use of your energy is to investigate if there's really a problem, not spending it on being defensive. As tough as it is, let the criticism make you a better player. If there really is an issue with your planes versus missiles, then explore that and fix it. It will make Ztech much more powerful versus your adversaries. If there isn't, then your work will stand for itself if a player is piloting one of your techs.

Reactions: Skihiley

TheGamingEnder

Nov 2, 2018
I know it takes a lot more work, but to balance the powered items and make sure it has plenty of charge is what makes it a challenge I rather not mess with much. this also applies to sport aircraft, with the need for high maneuverability and speed, where my main region of aircraft stay at, and my NOVA plane for personal use is barely in this area, as compared to my earliest ZPro(which set the bar for all my fast aircraft) and the Z4 Albatross(a large plane that's more suited for bomber use, and will be remade soon with powered items, as it is a big, heavy target), it performs slightly better than the Z4, although it's about 35-40% of it's size. the saving grace that pulled it off was a linear motor, which after first inspection, is really great for sport aircraft, as my Z7, which normally cruised at 114 MPH, got about a 30-35 MPH boost from it, which is almost 1/3 of the original speed.