Reduce The Power Of Hovers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Benbacon, May 14, 2018.

1. Benbacon

Benbacon Founder Of Bacon, Inc

Seriously. Since the new update many techs have been completely broken. And it's not like you can fix them on the ground, because they fly miles into the air

Personally I don't think giving hovers a massive buff will do the trick, because like I said it will break many techs that have been dependent on hovers

2. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

Not to mention losing hoverbug techs to space.

JimmyBlether, Olli_DXD and Benbacon like this.
  3. Icarus_The_King_Of_Angels

Icarus_The_King_Of_Angels S H I N Y Mad Scientist

OH THE IRONY

...maybe just have multiple settings... with a round menu thing. Or have a thrust manager. Like a pacemaker for hovers.

4. Lord Zarnox

5. wotikins

wotikins Well-Known Member TT Translator

+1.
    Remove the hover buff, it just killed all of my hover techs, hoverbug or not....

6. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

That system would be a much better buff for hovers. Right now, hovers are very overreactive and bounce everywhere.

7. Olli_DXD

Olli_DXD Räksmörgås TT Translator

Revert buff for the time being and write more info in the update notes(aka write exactly all bugs squished and changes made directly to blocks)

8. WhitePaw2002

WhitePaw2002 Modding Husky

[​IMG]

9. Captain Load

Captain Load Well-Known Member

Hovers just need completely overhauled or possibly scrapped. Even in RL hovercraft can only handle very gentle grades such as beaches. It would make a lot more sense for hovers to behave like auto-stabilizing helicopters, staying level as long as the plates were distributed properly. Small hover plates wouldn't be able to clear terrain features while heavy hover plates would.

Lord Zarnox and Soviet_Samuelson like this.
  10. Lord Zarnox

Then again, in real life we don't have slower-than-light lasers, repair bubbles, shield bubbles, floating resource conveyors and silos, hoverplates that can maintain altitude at 50 ft or above, and least (or is it most?) of all, we don't have modular vehicles with the level of simplicity/creativity as we do in TerraTech. We also don't have aggressive trees.

Basically, screw real life logic, this is a game set in the future; things don't have to make perfect sense here.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    AstraTheDragon, Deves, Jaime and 3 others like this.
  11. Icarus_The_King_Of_Angels

Icarus_The_King_Of_Angels S H I N Y Mad Scientist

Screw real life logic but more importantly screw trees

12. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER (on roleplay holiday)

YA! STUPID TREES!

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  13. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member

@DEVS!
    @WhitePaw2002 solved hover plates problem. Implement his solution in to game!

14. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER (on roleplay holiday)

-AND PLEASE DO IT NOW!!!!

AstraTheDragon likes this.
  15. Jaime

Jaime Well-Known Member

@Sammi

Just for info. There seems to be a solution for the topic.

16. WhitePaw2002

WhitePaw2002 Modding Husky

17. Sea_Kerman

Sea_Kerman Well-Known Member

The problem seems to be the bouncing. If they are too weak, they cannot handle changes in terrain when moving fast. If they are too strong, they bounce everywhere. So, add shock absorbing functionality that resists any change in height. This will fix the bouncing.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  18. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Living in my pizza boxes because mom kicked me out

Whatbif the devs are actually adding all this buy not tellingnus so to push our buttons?
    @Jamie
    @Zeena @Greg

JimmyBlether likes this.
  19. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Please restore the currently available hoverplates to their previous values; Techs such as the GeoCorp Locust mk4 is meant to have its weight *offset* by hoverplates, not to actually uncontrollably hover.

20. zanzistar

zanzistar PAYLOAD STUDIOS