Recreations of Payload's promotional techs

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
I recreated one of the promotional art's vehicles, but the poor booster placement really ruins the fun. Here are a few shots that sort of recreate the promotional artwork, location was put into mind.
(Why did I post here? Well, because you guys are remaking techs, that's why.)
I will create a version that uses the Lance lasers for the bottom set of front lasers because they don't have to move up and down as much as left and right. The boosters will be changed to the 2x1x1 Double booster block, and their locations will be changed to make sure when it goes flying, the Springer wheels don't break off when you land. In the meantime, enjoy this little recreation. I named the little guy "Tiny Climber"
20180813114226_1.jpg 20180813114539_1.jpg

Attachments

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I recreated one of the promotional art's vehicles
Hey @Revolver265 (huh, a RATM song sprung to mind... anyway), which promotional material is this from? Could you link us to it?

I think we should probably split this off as a second, new thread. To keep things tidy and logical. :)

Last edited:

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
Hey! All of this is on terratechgame.com. It's just below the video playing in the background and the big button that politely requests you buy the game. In three photos, you get an all-around of the tech. Mainly, it is featured next to the turret in Screenshot 03 (no fuel tank), it can be caught front and center in Screenshot 04 where it has a fuel tank and shows the location and type of the cab (GSO), and is being attacked by the larger tri-propeller plane in Screenshot 08 (I may recreate that plane sometime, there's a good view of it in that screenshot), where a set of four boosters is visible, two extending past the wheelbase, and two sitting right under it. Double boosters likely hadn't existed then (remember, in Screenshot 04 you can see the GSO cabs has still-extended wheels). You can see here that the wheels extend past the cab, which from Screenshot 04 has the GSO Stud lasers in front of it. I effectively have a 180* view of the entire vehicle, and can assume some things with the symmetry on the front of the vehicle.

If you have the ability to fork this thread, go for it. Otherwise, let me know and I will make a new thread beginning with some more of these little recreations of promotional art Techs, and I'll see how it goes.

----------
muttering
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it / Ice Ice Baby / Vanilla...

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
Here is "Cuter Climber, a fork of "Tiny Climber". Use this if you don't want to do backflips. The lower lasers are Lance because they don't need to turn up and down as much as side to side. The needle lasers will take care of enemies with small shields that want to take you out.
Cuter Climber.png

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
I can't wait to drop more Techs! Here is Minor Miner and Sirius Miner, here to ruin your day. This is based off of the promotional art here.
I've shown serious attention to detail through choosing where in biomes to take my pictures, and where everything is. As the dust clouds show, the GeoCorp tech is moving backwards. The armor plate covers one of the GeoCorp Basic Blocks, which I have tried to show here through perspective. The edge of blocks isn't as pronounced though. At the very top of the cliff, there's a geyser and some rocks and a tree and I wanted to keep that consistancy and recreation. Unfortunately there's a Geothermal generator in the picture, but I really don't care, I love this shot and someone might be able to use patterning from other parts of the cliff to match the color and paint over the generator in photoshop or something.
A like would be appreciated - I really did a whole hell of a lot of biome searching for this stage and I hope you're proud of the detail as well.

Minor Miner.png
20180827013045_1.jpg

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
This is Rough Travels, a promotional Tech on the main page which can be found here. There is a two-wide version on indieDB (TerraTech used to do their update logs on this site before 0.7.1) here and in the 2017 Game Trailer here (from 0:42 to 0:46).
I worked hard to find a good desert spot with a nearby mountain biome (and a cute plant) and waited a good while for the right lighting. Please like this post if you enjoy the detail of recreation!
Rough Travels.png
20180827022028_1.jpg

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
This is Little Harvester, a Tech that'll do the job quickly and cheaply harvesting. The Tech is on the Main Page [here].
I tried really hard to find an Eruidite Outcrop that was exposed, and had no trees around it. Unfortunately, world generation wouldn't give me a tree clearing and just two rocks, not a million. I'm glad there are mountains in the background as well, just like the OG.
Little Harvester.png 20180827020125_1.jpg

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
I dug around on indieDB some more and found lots of other little nuggets and photographs. The Skydome post features "Rough Travels", and the 0.6 SCU release also has an image of a crude racecourse that Venture features (and in the Gauntlet) and the Tiny Climber, with boosters and fuel attached. A lot of posts (including the Skydome one) feature a tri-propeller plane, which I think I'll recreate after Big Charger (Upcoming post, which will drop in an hour or so.... stay tuned!)

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
Internet problems prevented me from posting this one -
Say hello to Big Charger. This guy is huge and will defend itself. Be warned though, all damage is final, so stock up on those Megaton Cannons and batteries! I located the edge of a grasslands and a mountain biome, and set up shop there for this photo op. I saw an older version of the Tech here (the Tiny Climber is also visible), and the version that's in the drawing is on the header of the TerraTech Main site. Look on the Jobs, Press Kit, Using Twitter, and Community headers. Big Charger.png 20180828142254_1.jpg

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
Hello again. I've been very out due to some damage to my computer. I'm getting a new one soon though, but in the meantime I've pushed out this Drone thing from the Lots of Blocks Update Trailer. I actually want to start using it because I've been trying to downsize from a larger tech to a more nimble one, but don't want to give up firepower. I'll likely have a bunch of these little guys following me around, but armed with more firepower.

This is a fully Venture Tech, except for the GSO cab atop the drone.

Follower Drone.png

Here are some screenshots from the original video as well that I went off of. The drone that passed fairly closely to the camera was pretty helpful so I slowed down the image and hit pause to get a good reference image. Drone.PNG
Drone3.PNG

You can see more in my thread [here].