RC-3197's Techs

RC-3197

Hello there!

Here's where I'm going to post my techs when I release them on the workshop. I don't think I'm going to release that many techs but the few I do release will be the ones I have personally found useful. Every single tech I post will be obtainable in campaign (that's the only mode I play).

But enough talk, let's just cut to the chase, because let's be honest here, you're here for techs, not for a novel.

Last edited:

RC-3197

Devastator II Mobile Factory:
Steam Workshop Link

Devastator 2 Thumbnail.png
"This tech is a mobile factory based off of the concept of World Devastators from Star Wars Legends.

World Devastators in Star Wars were autonomous factories that stripped planets of their resources to create new weaponry, vehicles, and upgrade themselves. They physically grew stronger and larger the more resources they consumed.

This factory is the same idea brought to life in Terra Tech.

This tech can go around gathering the resources it needs to create anything you want, including upgrades to itself.

So if you wanted to cover the thing in hawkeye missile launchers you can, provided you are patient enough and are near biomes that contain the target material.

I hope you have as much fun with it as I had making it. And it's only going to get better when the crafting bugs are fixed. I am constantly making upgrades to the factory and I encourage you to do the same, or if you feel inspired by my factory, build a mobile factory of your own. This factory is actually revision 9_2 of my second mobile factory. The first one being much smaller and a bit more clunky. I used the first factory to make the parts to build this one, and I designed this mobile factory with the end in mind making sure it is as fast and efficient as possible. Like the World Devastators in Star Wars I expect no 2 mobile factories to be the same, over time each of your factories will grow different upgrades, making your mobile factory unique."

There is an operations manual in the description of the steam workshop page. It has a lot of words so it blew past the 5000 character limit for forum posts. Trust me, you'll have a much easier time using it if you read the directions first.

It has some fancy features like selling, silo sorting, magnetic scrapping, fuel burning, chunk/component dropping (for when it's full), and crafting. It also has workarounds for bugs with the crafting system. Like that annoying bug that makes raw resource chunks skip the refinery during crafting, this factory can make that bug less of a pain if you use it's optional filter. All while being able to move at a decent speed.

Also this factory has enough room for 4 new fabricators

I also made a budget version of the factory so it's easier to obtain, you can use it to make all the parts needed for the expensive one.

Devastator II Mobile Factory (Budget Version):
Steam Workshop Link
Devastator 2 Budget Thumbnail.png
I have a full change log in the description the steam workshop page. Basically I removed all the expensive stuff and only left enough parts for it to be functional. The only difference functionality wise is that it only has 3 complete sets of component dongles which is the exact amount needed to craft the component dongles for the rest of the component factories. If you use this version the first thing you should do is craft (or buy if you want to be boring) the rest of the component dongles for the rest of the component factories. Also this version has practically no weapons besides the megatons, which are really common at the point where this factory is useful.

Final Notes:

I use this factory all the time in campaign and I don't think my TerraTech experience would be the same without it. This factory literally makes the game crazy fun, and makes it a lot easier to obtain a large number of expensive parts. Also this is honestly the reason why I want crafting (and auto-mining, which is also very useful for this factory and many other things) in co-op campaign, it would make it a much more enjoyable experience.

Instructional Video:

Last edited:

MrTwister

Hah, that's pretty classic. Havent seen many of those since 0.7 )