RC-3197's Reticule Research Block Idea Megathread

Epic afdc

I’ve got a few ideas for some RR stuff, first I’m gonna list some cool and gimmicky guns (which I’ve copied and pasted from my past RR ideas thread)

Reticule Research Tesla gun: this is a simple Tesla cannon, it shoots out a continuous beam of electricity that deviates randomly within a 4 degree cone, giving it the look and feel of actual electricity. This weapon also has a rather neat mechanic, it’s something I call “overheat” now what this overheat mechanic does is the longer you fire the weapon, the more damage it does, But it gets more vulnerable to damage (or it damages itself, whichever works) the overheat is shown by a 3 slot LED light similar to the lights on batteries. Level 1 occurs at 5 seconds of continuous fire the damage is buffed 10% and the weapon takes 10% more damage. level 2 occurs at 10 seconds. the electronics visually glow red, the weapon deals 20% more damage and it takes 20% more damage. heat level 3 occurs at 15 seconds of continuous fire. the electronics are glowing white and smoking slightly, the weapon does 30% more damage and it takes 30% more damage. Upon letting go of the trigger, the weapon goes into a cool down phase that takes longer the longer you fire the weapon. Level 0 is 2 seconds, level 1 is 5 seconds, level 2 is 10 seconds, and level 3 is a whopping 15 seconds. You better have other weapons on your tech... this block is 3x2x2 and is available at grade 2

Reticule Research “stutter” plasma smg:this is the smallest gun RR offers, it is a fast firing, horribly inaccurate plasma machine gun that does decent damage. The weapon simply shoots balls of high velocity superheated plasma that are great at melting blocks. This weapon is prone to “sputtering” which is random increases and decreases of firerate, the max firerate is slightly faster than the oozee, the minimum firerate is slightly slower than that of the ZK-47 light machine gun. While this weapon may be finicky and unreliable, it more than makes up in damage output. This block is 1x2x1 and is available at grade 1

Antimatter cannon: this cannon fires a ball of antimatter, instead of exploding like most cannons, this weapon makes blocks cease to exist in a certain radius, like how antimatter actually behaves. Upon firing the weapon. The reload time is 5 seconds. This block is 5x5x2 and is available at grade 3. This block seems quite unbalanced, but I assure you that if you’re using this weapon, you will not get any salvage at all

OtatoJoe

Experimental High Explosive shells:
An explosive that sets fire (constant damage for x seconds) to blocks within its blast radius.

Heres a challenge: ground-to-ground delivery cannon
useful for autominers, these delivery cannons take ores and shoot them to a landing spot. has to work out of render range.

Sticky wheel: never lifts off of ground but maybe disengages when the tech is applying an upward force

Epic afdc

RR mag lock wheels: these wheels come in a variety of sizes, the smallest being 2x1x2 and the largest being 6x3x6. What these wheels do is they use electromagnets to lock to the terrain. They have great torque and have very slow top speed, much like the balloon wheels. The maglock ability has a small passive drain on your batteries. The drain varies from wheel to wheel. The smallest wheel has the passive drain of a venture, and the largest has the passive drain of a BF bubble. The maglock ability can be turned off with the press of a button.

Epic afdc

RR mecanum wheel this wheel is quite interesting, it functions much like a normal wheel, but you can strafe with it! It comes in four sizes. Small (1x1x1) medium (2x1x2) large (4x3x4) and extra large (6x4x6) the smaller ones have a greater top speed but little torque, the larger ones have a slower top speed and more torque. I have found a picture that looks exactly like how I envision these wheels

Attachments

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
Omni-Scrapper:
Scraps blocks from all corps, at the cost of a reduced resource output.
Size is 4x4x5
animation: has a recyprocating cylinder along the long side at one of the corners, next to the output point.
has a 25% chance destroying each resource chunk or component at output.
Description Text: Proof that if you hit a thing with a large enough hammer you can scrap it.

TheGamingEnder

Founded ZTech and BlackWing
Omni-Scrapper:
Scraps blocks from all corps, at the cost of a reduced resource output.
Size is 4x4x5
animation: has a recyprocating cylinder along the long side at one of the corners, next to the output point.
has a 25% chance destroying each resource chunk or component at output.
Description Text: Proof that if you hit a thing with a large enough hammer you can scrap it.
this sounds like it should be for the space junkers

Coolboy01

RR mecanum wheel this wheel is quite interesting, it functions much like a normal wheel, but you can strafe with it! It comes in four sizes. Small (1x1x1) medium (2x1x2) large (4x3x4) and extra large (6x4x6) the smaller ones have a greater top speed but little torque, the larger ones have a slower top speed and more torque. I have found a picture that looks exactly like how I envision these wheels
So something like this?

Kevin Vanderhoef

Charged Plate Armour: self heals like it was under a repair bubble, but does not draw power when not damaged.

Blast Plating: These Blocks are designed to be placed behind regular armor to absorb damage from explosive types, in exchange they are more vulnerable to direct damage. Blocks have AP's on all sides.

Kevin Vanderhoef

Block Cannon:
An Unholy Abomination that looks like a cross between a Scrapper, and a delivery cannon.
you load blocks into the "hopper" and it fires them in the direction the cannon is placed.
damage, and range varies based on Type, Size and weight of the block fired.
The unit sized GSO block averages about 500m in range and does about 250 points of impact based damage,which affects both the target, and the block fired
Batteries, and explosive blocks add the explosive tag.
It should be noted that there is a 5% chance of a block sticking to an exposed attach point. Blocks that can explode that attach will still detonate about 90% of the time.

Epic afdc

Maglev machine gun: this machine gun fires slow moving magnetic slugs that have no drop due to them being held up by the planet's magnetic feild, the slugs also home in on enemies. Their damage is decent and the gun fires absurdly fast, but that causes it to overheat easily, making it only able to fire in 50-60 round bursts. After the burst the gun has a 5 second cooldown animation. This gun has no warm-up animation unlike most other RR weapons. I may draw this weapon at some point in the future