• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They’re alright

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Epic afdc

Yup a thread for random venture blocks. Here we go:
Cabs
the hopper cab: this is a larger and slightly stronger version of the cruz cab. The cab has two small rapid fire machine guns that can aim slightly. When the cab is detached four small wheels that resemble globe trotter wheels pop out. These wheels propel the cab to 60 mph. This block is 2x2x1 and has attachment points along he back, sides and bottom. And of course it has that awesome orange windscreen.
Lightning AI module: this is pretty much the hopper cab but it’s an AI cab. The key difference is the smaller windscreen and larger single machine gun, reminiscent of the oozee, but it’s significantly scaled down so it does significantly less damage.
Wheels:
Drag slicks: these wheels are absolutely amazing for straight line speed, they rocket the tech up to 200 mph in the blink of an eye. Just don’t try to corner with them, you’re going to have a bad time. This block is (2x3x2)
Fork globe trotter wheels: these are fork versions of the globe trotter wheels, like the ones the springer has. This block comes in 2 sizes, medium and small. The small version is (1x1x1) and behaves similarly to the globe trotter, but with a slightly lower top speed. The medium one is (1x2x1) and has the same top speed of the globe trotter wheels
Weaponry
Gatling mortar: this weapon is a very fast firing mortar that fires projectiles that home in quite well and they have decent range. The block’s size will be (1x2x1)
Dual hail fire: yup venture just strapped two hail fire rifles together and called it a day. This weapon has double the fire rate. Everything else is pretty much the same. The size is (2x2x1)

Power:
The mobile solar generator:
this block is simply a mobile solar generator. It runs at 3/4 the power generation of the GSO solar generator. The solar panel folds up and stops producing power when you are being attacked. This block is (1x1x3)
Accessories
Hot rod pipes: these are simple exhaust pipes that small amounts of smoke come out of, these also have the chance to backfire, spitting flames.
Manufacturing
Mobile scrapper: self explanatory (2x2x2)
Mobile fabricator: self explanatory (2x2x2)

Flight
Canards: small devices that you slap onto the side of your tech to add a small amount of downforce. (1x1x1)
GT wing: a big wing, made for racing on a track. (1x3x1)

Those are my ideas @Rafs feel free to model these if you wish and everybody else feel free to toss in some ideas in the comments and vote on the poll. Have a great day!

Captain Load

As you've been here a good while I'd have thought you'd seen some of these ideas like mobile solars, scrappers and fabricators posted multiple times already. While VEN mobile solars seems like a no-brainer to me I'd cap them at 50% of GSO strength. If the devs actually brought back mobile scrapping and production it would be cool but also be the last nail in the coffin for static bases. Back in the day a totally mobile base was tricky because of the weight involved...even covering the bottom of your rolling monstrosity with hoverpads might not be enough to make it viable (and those pads were much harder to come by back then). It was pretty cool to be able to just roll around harvesting and refining chunks and then producing blocks to sell on the move but it felt really cheap. I found the game much more fulfilling before the SCU and anchors, if I'm honest. We really need a 'hard-core' difficulty mode that restores some challenge to the game other than struggling against terrain and awful controls on the Venture missions.

Speaking of "wings", spoilers need a major overhaul. They do NOT work like they should. I have to put at least two of them on the front of a light vehicle to keep it from backflipping every time I tap the booster. Meanwhile the same car will flip forward every time I hit a ramp. And the ramps are darn near impossible to get onto with front spoilers due to their extreme angle.

Epic afdc

As you've been here a good while I'd have thought you'd seen some of these ideas like mobile solars, scrappers and fabricators posted multiple times already. While VEN mobile solars seems like a no-brainer to me I'd cap them at 50% of GSO strength. If the devs actually brought back mobile scrapping and production it would be cool but also be the last nail in the coffin for static bases. Back in the day a totally mobile base was tricky because of the weight involved...even covering the bottom of your rolling monstrosity with hoverpads might not be enough to make it viable (and those pads were much harder to come by back then). It was pretty cool to be able to just roll around harvesting and refining chunks and then producing blocks to sell on the move but it felt really cheap. I found the game much more fulfilling before the SCU and anchors, if I'm honest. We really need a 'hard-core' difficulty mode that restores some challenge to the game other than struggling against terrain and awful controls on the Venture missions.

Speaking of "wings", spoilers need a major overhaul. They do NOT work like they should. I have to put at least two of them on the front of a light vehicle to keep it from backflipping every time I tap the booster. Meanwhile the same car will flip forward every time I hit a ramp.
Ah, now that makes sense. I can see how nobody uses static bases. I could count the total amount of times I used a static base on one hand and most of them were built before the anchor update.

Green4Gaming

Mindless Dominion Leader
I think that a static base would still be viable, the sky anchor didn't break it either.