Random Additions

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Just a mod with some features that others thought should have been in the game, like:
- These have to be set by the block-maker:
BLOCK modules:
[ModuleItemSilo] - Silos with internal storage for less lag.
[ModuleClock] - budget your time more wisely, or in creative, even set it to a fixed time in the day.
[ModuleReinforced] - A module with customizable damageable values which allows full control over how your block takes damage.
[ModuleFuelEnergyGenerator] - Convert your booster fuel to power with shift (or a full tank).
[ModuleLudicrousSpeedButton] - Conveyors are too slow? Overclock them with power to boost them to L u d i c r o u s S p e e d
[ModuleItemFixedHolderBeam] - Lock items on the conveyor to the conveyor.
[TankBlockScaler] - Change the size the block sits at on the conveyor.
[BurnerJet] - Burn the enemies while boosting your boosters.

PROJECTILE modules:
[SplitProjectile] - The fabled projectile that fires another projectile.
[GravitateProjectile] - Projectiles that can float at at set altitude.
[InterceptProjectile] - Homes in and destroys missiles.
[KeepSeekingProjectile] - keeps seeking no matter what, beyond what the normal SeekingProjectile allows.
[LanceProjectile] - A projectile type that can phase through targets to deal damage from within.
[OHKOProjectile] - A projectile type that overrides any block's ability to stall out damage, basically makes the target block act like a cab.
[WeightedProjectile] - Since projectiles have hard-coded weight values, this overrides that and allows full customization of the projectile's weight.
[TorpedoProjectile] - It's like the missile projectile type but only works when submerged

- Passive changes present on install:
Blocks resize to chunk-size on blocks that can grab them - this can be seen through the scrapper picking up blocks.
Fabricators return resources on detach - no more lost resources when they jam up for no reason.
Crash reporter has been repurposed to help the mod makers in debugging crashes.
[Toggleable] Shields are set to use shield armor typing correctly - known vanilla bug!

Available on TerraTech Mod Manager
For modders interested in incorporating any of these modules into their mod, some module information is available on github

Last edited:

Tankuality

May 6, 2021
can we get an improvement to the brightness of lights and the ability to turn them on and off?

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
can we get an improvement to the brightness of lights and the ability to turn them on and off?
I'll look into adding that

can we get the ability to enable and disable gyroscopes?
Technically that could be done with the existing BF Trim Gyroscope, try using that for now.

Update Dump

RandomAdditions Update Version - 1.1 & 1.1.1
RandomAdditions Update Version - 1.1
NEW:
+ New Projectile Module "SeekingProjectileIgnoreLock" which makes seeking projectile ignore player lock-on
+ New Projectile Module "InterceptProjectile" which makes SeekingProjectile intercept MissileProjectiles
- Also can be used on a normal projectile to intercept a target.

Changes:
+ Organized internal classes a bit more neatly - no hierarchies have changed

FIXES:
+ Settings should now save correctly on change

RandomAdditions Update Version - 1.1.1
FIXES:
+ Naming and updates should be constant now

RandomAdditions Update Version - 1.2
NEW:
+ New Projectile type "SpiltProjectile" which is a projectile type which shoots more projectiles
+ Any shields that are Standard typing are now patched to be Shield typing like they rightfully should be.
Changable in settings (NativeOptions settings)
- This may drastically change your playstyle - be warned that armor now has a solid purpose

FIXES:
+ Fixed inconsistencies with variable naming for ModuleReinforced
+ Fixed crash caused when ModuleReinforced is triggered by the environment

Reactions: LCo and Rafs

Cupholder

Doing something I shouldn't
May 9, 2021
Is it possible to make a module that makes boosters depend on energy instead of fuel? Same functions but it has a different requirement.

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
Well, i'd like a fuel-powered fuel tank.
Like a fuel burning generator, but adds to fuel tanks.
So you can fly for a long time.

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
Isn't that just a normal fuel tank, or are you talking about intakes, which generate fuel?
No, i mean: it takes fuel to run.
But it works better than a regular fuel tank.
So that instead of loads of tanks, you have only one or two, but lots of fuel.

Skihiley

May 8, 2020
Fuel powered fuel tank? A fuel tank that runs on fuel? What the Or do you mean a fuel tank that can be refueled by burning (fuel chunks) resources? Jeez I just said fuel too many times

Last edited:

Cupholder

Doing something I shouldn't
May 9, 2021
How did we get sidetracked to this, having a fuel tank require fuel is paradoxical and rids the purpose of it.
A module that allows for boosters to run on energy would be ideal, but a module that creates fuel as long as there's power left would do the job too, just not as cool

Skihiley

May 8, 2020
Aren’t these block suggestions? From my understanding random additions aren’t blocks, they‘re block modules. Which (modify?) a block or projectile somehow.

totally anonymous

Feb 10, 2021
not really, just asking for a block module to put on custom blocks so we could make cool "electronic" booster or electronic fuel tank blocks using the injector

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
Fuel powered fuel tank? A fuel tank that runs on fuel? What the Or do you mean a fuel tank that can be refueled by burning (fuel chunks) resources? Jeez I just said fuel too many times
A fuel tank that runs on fuel.
Like: Tiny tank, huge refill rate, does not work without fuel burnable stuff.
Like a generator, except the output is not batteries getting refilled, but fuel tanks getting refilled.

Reactions: Skihiley

totally anonymous

Feb 10, 2021
A fuel tank that runs on fuel.
Like: Tiny tank, huge refill rate, does not work without fuel burnable stuff.
Like a generator, except the output is not batteries getting refilled, but fuel tanks getting refilled.
so basically a furnace generator that produces fuel. I think this would be more practical to use if sozin's always regen fuel mod and fuel regen didn't exist