Rafs' Custom Blocks and Skins :)

fd46

Mar 17, 2020
i really like this mod the blocks look great and work like charm but more weapons would not be the worst idea like a tractor
beam or a drill would not be bad

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Geostatic Wheel

GT_Geostatic_Wheel_Icon.png

A wheel with strong attraction to the terrain, preventing Tech destabilization and unwanted flights.
The coils around the wheel acts as a powerful electrostatic generator, creating an effect akin to hovering but negative. Can be managed by hover control systems.

A wheel that doesn't let you go too far from the ground (up to a certain force, they're pretty strong though), using a suction hover that most of the time is under the terrain but when you start to leave the ground the hover will get above it and immediately pull you down.
The suspension is pretty high, with strong carrying capacity and torque, but the max speed is below average for its size, with very average turning. Compared to the Discovery Wheel, this is the strength over speed counterpart.

Hover control system can be used to double the strength of the pulling "ground lock" to make it even harder to leave the terrain, or you can weaken or deactivate it.

Have fun everyone!

magneticwheeltech.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech 'Deep Dive' Alt Skin

DeepDive.png

I decided to make an alt skin for GT, just to freshen things up, a new visual for people to experiment with, a bit more dark and less colorful. Goes well with anything painted Hawkeye, and even better with Black Labs skin on hawkeye blocks.

How to install:

1. Backup your GT_Textures folder, moving it anywhere outside of Custom Blocks Folder.
2. Download and unzip GT_Textures_2 into Custom Blocks folder.

There you go, you switched the default GTskin for that other one, manually.
Sadly there is no support for painting tool as of now, so you can only use either skin at a time.

Hope you all like it!

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Hawkeye SK Rocket Battery

HE_SK_Rocket_Battery_Icon.png

The missiles fired by this launcher lack any homing, but the sheer firepower quickly turns the battlefield into craters and dust.
SK Rockets use an innovative concept of replacing the useless fancy navigation systems with even more explosives.

'Why not more kaboom', Admiral SK said.

Happy new year! Hope everyone have a wonderful 2021 :)
My first block this year is an evolution of the GSO Rocket Launcher, firing "dumbfire" missiles but on a much larger scale. Each rocket has a destructive power roughly between a seeker and a cruise missile, with the full swarm dealing 6500DPS, more than most vanilla weapons.
It can easily miss in many situations, even against a stationary target in case you don't aim well while doing the usual evasive maneuvers, you won't hit a thing without a little of correction on your side, the farther away the worse it becomes. Against moving targets the best to do is trying to hit where the enemy will be.
The cooldown between bursts is considerable too, it blows up like other missile weapons, and it is quite expensive.

So I can say this is a brute force weapon that might require some skill to use effectively, certainly more than pressing space and waiting for stuff to happen. I hope you all have fun with it, landing all rockets in a burst feels quite rewarding :)

This weapon was done as a gift to my friend @Skihiley who always encourages me to keep going and often gives me cool block ideas :D

1609895843095.png1609895849874.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Attractor and Repulsor Magnets

GT Magnets.png

A powerful magnet with limited collection arc for precision when collecting debris.

This device provides clearance when roaming through debris, instantly repelling loose blocks in a wide arc in front of it.

Even though GT has a very efficient Block Collector, I decided to make those after having some fun experimenting with magnets, specially when testing negative strength values (ended up with a cool repulsion mechanic, I had to use it in a block).

These two blocks have different strategic use.
The repulsor goes well at the front of a tech, specially a melee one, so that any detached enemy parts will be quickly pushed away, clearing the path for your weapons.
The attractor goes well next to an SCU, specially an SCU right under the edge of the magnet as blocks will always end up there then fall for the SCU to pick up, it all happens quite efficiently. The directional nature of that magnet reduces things getting stuck because they won't come from all random directions, only within a 150° arc from the tip of it.

The attractor has similar stats of a GC magnet within its arc, while the repulsor has shorter reach but much faster response and very strong.
Enjoy!

1610936793863.png1610936807668.png

Attachments

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
Um, got a small prob.
Had your GC girders.
Good.

But i saw that you had a much tidier pack on steam, so i updated, but i deleted the earlier file from the folders.

Oops.
So my base exploded, and most of it vanished.
So i wanted to reinstall it, so i could rebuild my base with the new girders.
But i can't find them.

Can you point me to the earlier GC girder pack?

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Nope, no time for that.

With an automatic converter tool I could consider, or maybe with official sponsorship.

...So I guess probably never.

Reactions: Jay Sans