Rafs' Custom Blocks and Skins :)

Zazi

Jul 18, 2020
wait what about what payload studios just did with their official payload corporation mod, it added a sectioned off menu on the special blocks menu that just brought up that mods blocks

Reactions: Rafs

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
I am very aware of everything Payload and other modders does, all the time. Official custom corps lacks support for anything not very basic blocks, and you don't have XP progression or terminals or fabrication support, nothing.

So GreenTech will stay in GSO and I will move it out only when I am sure it won't hurt campaign playability in any way.

Reactions: Aardvark123

Zazi

Jul 18, 2020
I am very aware of everything Payload and other modders does, all the time. Official custom corps lacks support for anything not very basic blocks, and you don't have XP progression or terminals or fabrication support, nothing.

So GreenTech will stay in GSO and I will move it out only when I am sure it won't hurt campaign playability in any way.
oh i was just saying that might be a good framework not to separate it from gso but to add a subsection to gso for greentech

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Sorry this is not possible with our current tools.

I would love to do everything on my reach to raise my mods quality, and I am aware of inventory cluttering issue. I guess the good thing is that I won't need to release any more large packs of blocks, I am pretty much done with basic blocks :)

Reactions: Zazi

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Atlas Mobile SCU

Update October 24th - Improvements in particle playing, new icon, LEDs now work better (attach to Tech and re-attach to see it; minor vanilla bug). Also slightly slower startup.

ATTENTION: Requires Particle Manager mod at TTMM, by FLSoz.

GT_Atlas_Mobile_SCU_Icon.png

A large mobile SCU with a range equivalent to its anchored counterparts. The lack of anchor requires tight packing of event horizon stability equipment, making it quite heavy; a burden not every Tech can carry around so easily.

Today is my birthday but you get the gift!

This mobile SCU has hawkeye range, making it currently the highest range mobile SCU available! It has a specialparticle effect that does not stop too, it's there to make it look larger and a bit more cool. It is large enough to pick up my largest GreenTech blocks, including the Terra Wheel which no other SCU can pick up.
The only downside is that it does not pick up from Block Collectors when in the same Tech, so you gotta use either.

Have fun!

1603423850883.png1603423856692.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GeoCorp Depot Silo

Update November 3rd - Fixed icon.
GC_Depot_Silo_Icon.png

The Depot Silo features very high storage capacity, also coming with a large anchor and plenty of APs for crafting connections.

This block is a rework of an old model I made, which became the GC Big Base Silo released alongside gwlegion.
The new model has anchor, animated crafting antenna, better working APs, one block taller than before, and has the same capacity of 160 chunks.
This new block is under a new ID so it won't replace the old one, in case anyone still has it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Junction Blocks

Junction Blocks.png

I might have promised I wouldn't make more building block packs to not make the inventory even larger to scroll around. However...

After someone suggest a Steamroller for GeoCorp with left and right fork/supports, I had an inspiration of making some kind of extender exclusively to support trasher wheels. Then the idea expanded like crazy and I ended up with all these variations of junctions between curves that create a ton of possibilities when building with curved parts and other round blocks such as husk wheel variants, turrets and thrusters.

Previously, when making large streamlined areas around your tech you would end up with little possibilities of placing blocks there because of the lack of APs, transforming techs into fat pills where useful exterior blocks were all clumped on the small flat areas. No more, now you can extend branching parts out of those areas, creating new nodes and spacing things out a bit.

I am providing some examples below but there is so much more for you to try!
Have fun!

Junction Tech 1.pngJunction Tech 2.pngJunction Tech 3.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Rotating Anchor
GT_Rotating_Anchor_Icon.png
A large rotative anchor supported by a tall pillar of expanded composite wood, not so fast turning but quite strong.

For the Greentech rotating anchor I wanted something with a size more proportional to the defensive turrets I usually make on campaign. All vanilla anchors feel too small, and the HE Watchtower is very large (besides being an AI), so I made something in between.

It connects easily with streamlined GT blocks as well as the recent junctions, so you can make defensive turrets with many branches to hold weapons and other stuff. Enjoy!

GT_turret.pngGT_turret_2.pngGT_turret_3.png

Attachments

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
If only we could get more corps, to make working with these things easier.