Rafs' Custom Blocks and Skins :)

Nooboid

Not A Noob
Apr 3, 2019
Main Z-Sector Black Hole
rafs, ever since you made your first suggestion here, i've considered you to be an intelligent forumgoer, and when you started posting blocks, i saw that you are at least as good at designing and balancing blocks as the devs themselves. also can we have some of your blocks on the workshop please?

Reactions: YaYYeeT and Rafs

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
I tried to place reworked Component Storage blocks but crafting is broken in workshop/official mods, I'll wait for a fix. For other basic construction blocks I'll start soon. But even that is still quite unstable, specially ID issues that pop out in people's games.

S-2K [US]

Nov 19, 2018
rafs, ever since you made your first suggestion here, i've considered you to be an intelligent forumgoer, and when you started posting blocks, i saw that you are at least as good at designing and balancing blocks as the devs themselves. also can we have some of your blocks on the workshop please?
I'm afraid that at the moment, a vast majority of Raf's blocks are incompatible with the current official modding tools. Other than the relative recentness of mod support being added to the Steam Workshop, there's a reason why few block mods exist for it.
Edit: Looks like I replied at the exact same time as Rafs, whoops.

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Tumbleweed Tracks

Tumbleweed Tracks.png

The Tumbleweed Tracks comes in left, right and middle pieces.
With these you can seamlessly build long and strong land vehicles, or even mobile operation bases for extensive expeditions.

A simple set of large tracks, 8 blocks in length, stats somewhat similar to the Tonker Tracks (very slightly slower at 70mph and harder to turn, but stronger and tankier). Again, these do not suffer from any janky suspension issues of the vanilla tracks, thanks to the higher Suspension Acceleration fix.
The middle piece trades a bit of health for some extra APs.

tumbleweed1.pngtumbleweed2.pngtumbleweed3.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Thank you all for the kindness and support!
I decided to open the option of PayPal Donations :)

Hello everyone!

I am making this post to first of all assure that I still have tons of mods to do and everything will always be free, and I'll accept suggestions and feedback from everyone, as it has always been!
But I also feel like sharing a bit about my life right now with you guys and why I'm opening for donations.

---

My name is Rafael, 28yo, I'm an unfinished graduate in Environmental Engineering, living in Brazil with my parents.
I struggled for 10 years to finish graduation, when I realized that it had only been so difficult because I never really liked it. But because of family pressure I never had the courage to leave it.
I had some psichological issues last year because of that, and in therapy I found out that I had strong connections with art, specially 3D modeling, and by practicing it I regained much of my lost self steem and I could feel productive again; I used to be a compulsive procrastinator in college, now I could not wait to start my next project and work on it nonstop.
I had some issues at home when I shared that dream of following such career and dropping out of college, and for a brief moment I came back to graduation this year, out of guilt. It did not work so well, I came back to be the old Rafael that never wants to do anything, anxious and apathetic. So I decided to drop it again, definitely (but I haven't told my family yet... they think I'm studying from home).

My situation is not the best right now, and I need to get more and more professional on the 3D modeling to get ready to get into the market and start working and earning some money, I'm building up a portfolio to help with that with my 3D models. I do need some mentoring on what to do next though... Maybe a course indication, idk.
Meanwhile, I made an account on PayPal in case anyone wanted to support me to keep doing my mods. This will give me a lot more security and stability for when I really decide to share my situation with my family (they don't think anything other than engineering would let me have a good job), plus it will help me fund a course on my own if I find the right one.

---

If anyone wants to help with any value, it will be greatly apprecciated!
If not, it's alright, that's a wonderful supportive community and I could not be more thankful.
My e-mail for PayPal is rgandarasantos@gmail.com

Thanks everyone again, hope you all have a nice weekend!
Feel free to message me here or in discord, and visit the GreenTech Trello to leave suggestions and feedback or bug reports!

See ya'll!

Last edited:

Skihiley

Trying to make NOVA bloccs a thing...
May 8, 2020
Thank you all for the kindness and support!
I decided to open the option of PayPal Donations :)

Hello everyone!

I am making this post to first of all assure that I still have tons of mods to do and everything will always be free, and I'll accept suggestions and feedback from everyone, as it has always been!
But I also feel like sharing a bit about my life right now with you guys and why I'm opening for donations.

---

My name is Rafael, 28yo, I'm an unfinished graduate in Environmental Engineering, living in Brazil with my parents.
I struggled for 10 years to finish graduation, when I realized that it had only been so difficult because I never really liked it. But because of family pressure I never had the courage to leave it.
I had some psichological issues last year because of that, and in therapy I found out that I had strong connections with art, specially 3D modeling, and by practicing it I regained much of my lost self steem and I could feel productive again; I used to be a compulsive procrastinator in college, now I could not wait to start my next project and work on it nonstop.
I had some issues at home when I shared that dream of following such career and dropping out of college, and for a brief moment I came back to graduation this year, out of guilt. It did not work so well, I came back to be the old Rafael that never wants to do anything, anxious and apathetic. So I decided to drop it again, definitely (but I haven't told my family yet... they think I'm studying from home).

My situation is not the best right now, and I need to get more and more professional on the 3D modeling to get ready to get into the market and start working and earning some money, I'm building up a portfolio to help with that with my 3D models. I do need some mentoring on what to do next though... Maybe a course indication, idk.
Meanwhile, I made an account on PayPal in case anyone wanted to support me to keep doing my mods. This will give me a lot more security and stability for when I really decide to share my situation with my family (they don't think anything other than engineering would let me have a good job), plus it will help me fund a course on my own if I find the right one.

---

If anyone wants to help with any value, it will be greatly apprecciated!
If not, it's alright, that's a wonderful supportive community and I could not be more thankful.
My e-mail for PayPal is rgandarasantos@gmail.com

Thanks everyone again, hope you all have a nice weekend!
Feel free to message me here or in discord, and visit the GreenTech trello to leave suggestions and feedback or bug reports!

See ya'll!
I'm so sorry Rafs, but I am unfortunately not old enough to get a PayPal thingy. I totally would if I could, though, and feel free to let me know other ways I can support.

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Beam Anchor

GT_Beam_Anchor_Icon.png

A compact anchor with a projected beam that clings to the terrain, bonding the Tech with it like a strong cord of light.

This is pretty much a smaller sky anchor with a shorter beam, anchors up to 20 blocks from the ground and has a stronger pull. Better suited for ground techs thatdon't want to fiddle with normal anchors or the sometimes too big sky anchor, and low hovering techs.
Very practical and quite often suggested for the Vanilla game. Enjoy it :)

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Fixed Anchor, Wireless Charger and Anchored Solar Panel

Anchor Solar Charger.png

A design inspired by nature, this solar panel not only generates energy very efficiently, it also makes bases and techs look a little more lush.

A wireless charger of mid-long range and average transfer rate, easily stackable.

An anchor of expandable fibron, capable of quickly deploying a long and durable wooden pillar.

A pack containing three new blocks :)

The anchored solar panel has a large footprint but produces 1000 energy/s, the same amount of space occupied by it with GSO Solar Panels would produce 975. It has APs only at the base, the cells around the base are free for placing other blocks, and has no anchor itself.

The wireless charger has same charge rate of a GSO Charger, with 10 blocks longer range (between it and Geocorp), and easily stackable with APs on top and bottom.

The fixed anchor main feature is being tall and thin, and rather cheap.

https://gyazo.com/c584331c9177da8989c0047b95a50ab4
https://gyazo.com/fdcd38b6cb5ee9e701d9a7bc4b99ddcf

1600806261013.png1600806273090.png1600806282691.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Oliver Green Cab
GT_Oliver_Green_Cab_Icon.png
A cab shaped after Oliver Greenbelt's head, director of the permanent board for Sustainable Energies at GreenTech, and a fierce enthusiast of direct exposure to sunlight.

Sometime ago I felt like trying to make a NPC head cab, and now it's finally done. We don't have missions or anything yet but as an alternate cab with its own gimmicks I think it was worth it.
It has 1500 energy capacity (Ranger Cab has 2000) and generates 4 solar energy per second (Ranger does 5), but lacks mobility, self healing and night spotlight. So this cab is like a portable solar power cell, and can passively sustain one large bubble or a couple small ones on average.
Hope you all like it!

1600979717915.png
"Hello there young chap, I'm glad you came to our meeting. I am Oliver Green, director of the board for Sustainable Energies at GreenTech, and I am here to introduce you to sustainable prospecting."

1600979731369.png
"Oh, I'm late for my tea, good luck on your journey young fella! Here I go hohoho!"

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Basic Blocks Pack 3

Quick update -
fixed collider issue in the largest round block.

Basic Blocks 3.png

This is a pack that adds larger curved blocks to GreenTech, as a preparation for the upcoming greenhouse set of metal-framed glass blocks, which also has large curves and domes, as well as walls (the blocks will be light but averagely strong, it's made of highly resistant glass).
These blocks add more options for larger GT builds as well as coverings for terra wheels for example. Oh, and there is also a large upcoming pack of very large leaf blocks that fit those curves. Enjoy!

1601514548345.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Greenhouse Blocks

Update October 4th -
Added three new blocks.

Greenhouse Blocks.png

A set of transparent building blocks!

These are not just decorative neither fragile, they have very low mass for their sizes but high health, like a chassis block, however they only have APs on the borders. They also have "rock" defense type, making them highly resistant to bullet and laser, neutral to explosion and weak to impact and plasma, almost like an armouring; and are immune to fire (flamethrowers).
So you can't place anything on them like you would with a basic block full of APs, but they are excellent covering for internal stuff, and lets you see those stuff; that's excellent for a crafting base (you would still need to leave a gap to click on fabricators and such).
The glass doesn't look so pretty and shiny in fast graphics, but it's decent; uses same material as the tube conveyors.

I'm happy to finally provide a much request feature for the game (windows, glass, etc), and I believe the grey metal of the frame should make it neutral enough to go well with most corps. Hope you all like it and make beautiful builds with it!

Cute tech snap by my friend @Helios
GT_Candy_Jar_Havester.png

GreenhouseTechs.pngGreenhouseTech2.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Basic Blocks Pack 4

Large Leaf Blocks.png

A pack containing many leaf blocks adapted for the new large curves and domes, as well as many of the new greenhouse blocks.
There's also an inner triple corner for normal leaf blocks, and an edge leaf block with an extra AP on the side.

That might be one of the last basic blocks pack, the inventory is already filled with those and the whole collection should give enoughfreedom for builders to make very cool techs, specially large and very large builds.

largeleafblocks.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GeoCorp Industrial Hub

GC_Industrial_Hub_Icon.png

A very special Tech modulator that focuses all available systems on mining, close range combat and survivability.

The main modifications are increased contact weapons damage, no damaged block fall-off, lower shield drain, and faster and cheaper repair; with almost no systems left to support projectile weapons functioning.
The Industrial Hub also boosts range for many collection and attraction related blocks, making it quite useful for crafting bases.

This is primarily a Buff Block (install buff mod at TTMM!) for making melee more viable, with more focus on defense than offense, as melee techs suffer a lot even when doing cool things like ramming into other techs, the chances of a drill falling off are high.
Normally the lack of range becomes a risky business so most people start using big cannons and missiles when these are available, never again bothering with the clunkyness of melee. But I think I can change that :)

The list of buffs are:

+50% Melee DPS (drill, saw, hammer)
+50% Drill and Hammer Impact Damage multiplier
+100% Repair Speed
-50% Repairing Drain
-50% Shield Hit Drain
+50% Pickup Range
+All Blocks 0 Fragility (no random fall-off)
Projectiles: negative velocity when shoot, increased random spray, 1 hour burst cooldown, no seeking (most will blow up in barrel)
Laser, Plasma, Flamethrower and Shotguns unaffected

This means that projectile weapons are to be avoided, while laser, plasma, flamethrower and shotguns can be used freely with the benefit of the defensive buffs (which means a relatively safe medium-range playstyle), while close combat melee techs can go all-in as berserkers, may lose bits but it's improbable if you stack healing bubbles, combat should end quickly with the high drill DPS; hammers which have the highest point DPS in the game become devastating.

The civilian usage of the pickup range buff must not be ignored either. Apart from easier mining, the GeoCorp SCU benefits a lot from the multiplied range, and it should be easier for receivers to reach your collectors when unloading chunks at a base.

I hope this block brings a lot of fun and maybe even a refreshed campaign playthrough, with melee being relevant for much longer in the game.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Stacker & Double Decker Silos

GT Silos.png

A tall mixed silo with a second layer of APs, enabling more connections than a regular silo.

The GT Silos follow a bit of the box collector design as they have as much capacity as it can fit inside, but they also have a second layer of crafting connection APs, transforming it into a hub for many processes. Unlike other silos, it lacks an anchor, and works better for compact mobile techs to centralize operations such as refinement, fuel separation and selling, skipping conveyors altogether.
It has animated fabrication activation antennaes too!

Hope you all enjoy it in your harvester techs or crafting bases! ;)

1602816746404.png1602816772814.png1602816705889.png

Attachments