Rafs' Custom Blocks and Skins :)

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Rotating Anchor
GT_Rotating_Anchor_Icon.png
A large rotative anchor supported by a tall pillar of expanded composite wood, not so fast turning but quite strong.

For the Greentech rotating anchor I wanted something with a size more proportional to the defensive turrets I usually make on campaign. All vanilla anchors feel too small, and the HE Watchtower is very large (besides being an AI), so I made something in between.

It connects easily with streamlined GT blocks as well as the recent junctions, so you can make defensive turrets with many branches to hold weapons and other stuff. Enjoy!

GT_turret.pngGT_turret_2.pngGT_turret_3.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech 'Deep Dive' Alt Skin

Update June 21th - Tweaks to some details.

DeepDive.png

I decided to make an alt skin for GT, just to freshen things up, a new visual for people to experiment with, a bit more dark and less colorful. Goes well with anything painted Hawkeye, and even better with Black Labs skin on hawkeye blocks.

How to install:

1. Backup your GT_Textures folder, moving it anywhere outside of Custom Blocks Folder.
2. Download and unzip GT_Textures_2 into Custom Blocks folder.

There you go, you switched the default GTskin for that other one, manually.
Sadly there is no support for painting tool as of now, so you can only use either skin at a time.

Hope you all like it!

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Hawkeye SK Rocket Battery

HE_SK_Rocket_Battery_Icon.png

The missiles fired by this launcher lack any homing, but the sheer firepower quickly turns the battlefield into craters and dust.
SK Rockets use an innovative concept of replacing the useless fancy navigation systems with even more explosives.

'Why not more kaboom', Admiral SK said.

Happy new year! Hope everyone have a wonderful 2021 :)
My first block this year is an evolution of the GSO Rocket Launcher, firing "dumbfire" missiles but on a much larger scale. Each rocket has a destructive power roughly between a seeker and a cruise missile, with the full swarm dealing 6500DPS, more than most vanilla weapons.
It can easily miss in many situations, even against a stationary target in case you don't aim well while doing the usual evasive maneuvers, you won't hit a thing without a little of correction on your side, the farther away the worse it becomes. Against moving targets the best to do is trying to hit where the enemy will be.
The cooldown between bursts is considerable too, it blows up like other missile weapons, and it is quite expensive.

So I can say this is a brute force weapon that might require some skill to use effectively, certainly more than pressing space and waiting for stuff to happen. I hope you all have fun with it, landing all rockets in a burst feels quite rewarding :)

This weapon was done as a gift to my friend @Skihiley who always encourages me to keep going and often gives me cool block ideas :D

1609895843095.png1609895849874.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Attractor and Repulsor Magnets

GT Magnets.png

A powerful magnet with limited collection arc for precision when collecting debris.

This device provides clearance when roaming through debris, instantly repelling loose blocks in a wide arc in front of it.

Even though GT has a very efficient Block Collector, I decided to make those after having some fun experimenting with magnets, specially when testing negative strength values (ended up with a cool repulsion mechanic, I had to use it in a block).

These two blocks have different strategic use.
The repulsor goes well at the front of a tech, specially a melee one, so that any detached enemy parts will be quickly pushed away, clearing the path for your weapons.
The attractor goes well next to an SCU, specially an SCU right under the edge of the magnet as blocks will always end up there then fall for the SCU to pick up, it all happens quite efficiently. The directional nature of that magnet reduces things getting stuck because they won't come from all random directions, only within a 150° arc from the tip of it.

The attractor has similar stats of a GC magnet within its arc, while the repulsor has shorter reach but much faster response and very strong.
Enjoy!

1610936793863.png1610936807668.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Nope, no time for that.

With an automatic converter tool I could consider, or maybe with official sponsorship.

...So I guess probably never.

Reactions: Cloud and Jay Sans

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Mobile Refinery

GT_Refinery_Icon.png
A zero waste and highly modular mobile refinery that transforms raw resources into refined ones.

A project started by @isqltychips, thanks buddy :)
This refinery is a heavier alternative to the VEN Mobile Refinery with more APs and health, and supporting any possible block rotation.

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Clover Hover

GT_Clover_Hover_Icon.png

A four-way sloped hover with limited steering but good obstacle avoidance and smooth navigation.

A new 2x2x1 hover for GreenTech with slightly sloped corners, for getting over hills and trees with ease (even more at 2x hover power).
Compared to the 2x2 GSO hover it is stronger and a bit higher floating, but only top APs.
A nice addition for the smaller flying GT techs :) Or large ones that want a bit more maneuverable alternative to the Stratos Hover.

clovertech1.pngclovertech2.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Thrusters Pack

Update May 10th -
Fixed a missing model.

Thrusters.png

A small and simple thruster but quite efficient for its size.

Medium sized thruster with flexible usage, mounted on a gimbal so that it can perform small rotations of 15°.

A hefty thruster mounted on a gimbal, capable of rotating 30° on either side.

A powerful set of gimballed thrusters covering two different axis for better maneuvering large Techs.\n It is an atmospheric adaptation of a very similar model used in spacecrafts, for sublight speed navigation.

This thruster works in all six ways, and doubles as structural block.

Decided to group my previous thrusters on a single pack (some had very small balance updates) as well as my new block, the Starship Thruster.
The new thruster works with the middle jet rotating left/right, while the side jets rotate up/down, making it a nice piece to place at the back of a Tech to give it more speed and decent turning, regardless of the block orientation.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Sandblaster

GT_Sandblaster_Icon.png

A jet of sand so highly pressurized it can easily push things on its way, and the abrasiveness makes for a great cutting tool.

This is another flamethrower-based weapon that shoots particles and they go through shields. This medium sized gun has no gimbal but a good reach, 600DPS, and the most important feature, very strong push!
The push happens when the particles hit a Tech, regardless of team. You can use it to push yourself, but you need a sloped surface to redirect the particles, otherwise they will bounce back and forth and cancel the momentum. If used on the terrain, they will bounce and hit your tech, pushing it upwards, but it's very unstable and sudden, somewhat like a jetpack.

Hope you all enjoy playing with it and finding creative uses for the Sandblaster push! :)

Some demonstration gifs:
https://gyazo.com/068d0396447b8d7471411746ee6edf50
https://gyazo.com/c8dd0fa2e76f6c2f521479229b37aec2
https://gyazo.com/6d60fe6e3a9e5926145b158bc187e4a8
https://gyazo.com/9c1c66d90256239ef721fae112eaea02
https://gyazo.com/5750b70273121ba758a1e59e79d3cd66

Oh and this is GreenTech block n°200! Yeyyy :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Viewports - Top, Bottom and Front

Viewports.png

Reinforced glass dome with a decorated interior and a very broad field of view, a must have for the watchful ranger.
Press 'R' to cycle cameras.

Wanted GreenTech to have some neat viewports for general first person usage, which is great for driving and fighting, specially planes.
The top one has a lot of decoration in the cockpit like a cushion and a round control panel, the front one has a bit less, and the bottom one has glass instead, like another strong layer of glass where people could look through with much more safety.

ViewportTechs.png

Attachments

yeey

Oct 21, 2020
GreenTech Sandblaster

View attachment 36101

A jet of sand so highly pressurized it can easily push things on its way, and the abrasiveness makes for a great cutting tool.

This is another flamethrower-based weapon that shoots particles and they go through shields. This medium sized gun has no gimbal but a good reach, 600DPS, and the most important feature, very strong push!
The push happens when the particles hit a Tech, regardless of team. You can use it to push yourself, but you need a sloped surface to redirect the particles, otherwise they will bounce back and forth and cancel the momentum. If used on the terrain, they will bounce and hit your tech, pushing it upwards, but it's very unstable and sudden, somewhat like a jetpack.

Hope you all enjoy playing with it and finding creative uses for the Sandblaster push! :)

Some demonstration gifs:
https://gyazo.com/068d0396447b8d7471411746ee6edf50
https://gyazo.com/c8dd0fa2e76f6c2f521479229b37aec2
https://gyazo.com/6d60fe6e3a9e5926145b158bc187e4a8
https://gyazo.com/9c1c66d90256239ef721fae112eaea02
https://gyazo.com/5750b70273121ba758a1e59e79d3cd66

Oh and this is GreenTech block n°200! Yeyyy :D
*S A N D*

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Solar Flare

Update June 30th - Added charge up time.

GT_Solar_Flare_Icon.png

This massive equipment generates powerful fields to gather and charge air particles, creating a scorching ball of plasma, magnetically controlled to target nearby enemies.
The highly efficient explosion can disintegrate matter, leaving no ecologically harmful wastes behind.

https://gyazo.com/b55133c05662a3fee9ddd16f3b0e3f7c
https://gyazo.com/e8632e09e8db0bf38c7283071ba4e868

One can imagine this weapon as a fusion between the spore launcher and the volcano mortar, with the projectile tracking enemies much like the spores, while dealing a massive explosion even more destructive than that of the mortar.
The pros of this weapon are the high damage, long duration of seeking, somewhat flexible for weapon placement, plenty of APs and high health.
The cons are the massive weight and size, and the slowness of the projectile, making it avoidable for an average speed tech trying to get away from it (that is a recurring downside on other GT weapons).

Hope you all enjoy launching mini suns at your enemies!

FlareTech1.pngFlareTech2.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Wheels Pack

Update June 30th -
Fixed missing AP on the Discovery Wheel.

GT Wheels.png

I decided to group all my wheels on a single pack, I also updated some tire visuals and I did various minor adjustments to stats (specially parking brake, some wheels had it too low so the Tech wouldn't stay put).

As to those new to GT Wheels, I'll share some bits of explanation:
  1. The first design group of wheels, on the top left, are the Rover Wheels.
    They have average stats for their sizes and high/wide suspension, providing at the same time stability and ground clearance.
    Still on the left side there is a special coiled wheel that clings itself to terrain. Has high traction, below average speed, and very high suspension travel with excellent ground clearance and perfect stability; the Tech will never ever topple or lose grounding during boosts.

2. The second group, on the top right, are the Omniwheels.
    They work in any placement direction, turn very well and can strafe, with decent speed and traction.

3. The third group, on the bottom left, are the Tracks.
    These have above average stats for a large track, no suspension issues like vanilla tracks have, and they have much more longitudinal grip than lateral, which lets the Tech turn decently.

4. The fourth group, on the bottom right, are the Disc Wheels.
    Lots of APs, easily stackable, and the larger ones can act as hull, housing equipments inside. Tanky health, high traction, average speed and poor turning, like a hybrid between wheels and tracks.
    The spiked one also acts as a melee weapon, destroying anything on its path. Slow speed but absurd grip.

Some usage examples:
GTWheelsTechs.png
---

The file was too large, so I'll leave a link:
Download

And remember to check my drive for other blocks updates (download all just in case!):
Drive

That's all, any questions ask me on Discord.
Stay green! :)

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Collab Blocks

GT Collabs.png

GreenTech had some blocks made for it by other creators, and soon I'll be porting GreenTech to Steam, so I decided to ask these creators permission to maintain and update said blocks, in preparation for that other step. Those are all really good ideas!

---
Raven made the Vapour Radar:

This small and compact radar is the predecessor of ''The Eye'', therefore it also sports increased range. However, due to it's compact size it lacks the speed and altitude measuring capabilities, while also packing a bit more weight than other radars.

---
Isqltychips made the Voyager Cab and the Pillar Battery:

A rugged and robust GreenTech cab designed to withstand any harsh enivornment, and make mobile repairs if necessary. Comes with a built-in radar to locate exotic biomes!

A large battery with almost double the amount of compacted supercapacitors as the Eco battery has, resulting in being almost twice as heavy and expensive.

---
Licflagg made the Phlogus Spore Pod, which during some adaptations became the Nox Storm, which follows the same concept:

Merging the technology of the Nox Bubble Projector and the legendary 'Phlogus' Spore Pod from FS Industries, the Nox Storm swarms the battlefield with corrosive homing spores.

---

A couple blocks come in new IDs, the cab and the weapon, while the radar and the pillar are basically the same so they kept their IDs.

I'd like to thank again these great creators and great members of our community, today the family of GreenTech blocks gets a bit larger and the corp gets a bit more fun to play with :)
And thank Sozin, Legionite and Exund for the frequent help with JSON issues.

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Anchored Wind Turbine
GT_Wind_Turbine_Icon.png
A reliable source of constant wind power energy, which for safety reasons only generates power when firmly anchored (it will spin loosely if attached to an unanchored Tech).
Also comes with a battery and a wireless charger, for transfering energy to nearby power lines or Techs passing by.

This is a simple anchored energy generator block with extra functionalities for ease of use.
The amount of energy is decent at 200/s, a little more than a single BF solar panel (170) but less than a geothermal (300). Unlike both of these, it can be anchored anywhere at any time to generate energy, inluding floating bases with sky anchors.
Its footprint however is considerable, so I advise distributing them on a small field and protecting it with turrets, or even add one to the back of a turret so it will have a constant power source.

Hope you all enjoy it! More clean energy blocks to come ;)

unknown (39).pngunknown (38).png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Mobile Electro-Furnace

GT_Furnace_Icon.png

A mobile electric furnace with a series of complex fuel processing systems which gets the most out of a single chunk, even if the whole cycle takes a little longer. Comes with a built-in small battery.
It exhausts pristine clean fumes, so clean in fact they would be invisible if not for customer complaints about 'not seeing a single puff of cool furnace smoke'; so a black smoke hologram was added to go alongside the fumes.

https://gyazo.com/ac55a1a5d7fede924b730e83497d529b

Originally I planned to make a Biomass Furnace which would only accept fibron and output a lot more energy with it than other furnaces, but this proved impossible coding wise. So instead I made a large and highly efficient furnace.

The furnace stats are identical to the GC Furnace, which is a very good one for chunk efficiency and output rate. So I kind of made it mobile with 2x the size, and the small battery with 2500 capacity (GSO Battery has 1500) comes as a bonus.
I know that spamming GSO mobile furnaces is a common practice and a strong competition to any larger furnaces for the combined fast rate from inexpensive fibron chunk burning, but the GT Furnace stats are still very solid and leaves more chunks available for other uses such as selling.
You can carry a silo around to store a reservoir of fuel chunks and they will last for a long time without replenishment, and constant power generation as they are slowly burned one by one.

Enjoy ;)

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Biodomes

GT Biodomes.png

• A biodome containing a small grasslands patch.
    Acts as a sustainable source of Fibron, extracted carefully from the roots of the trees.
    The grasslands biome is lush and highly stable, demanding very little care and making it the cheapest biodome; a great starting point for any prospector trying to go green.
  • A biodome containing a small desert patch.
    Acts as a sustainable source of Rubber. The rubber drips through the dry sand soil, coming from the trees as an abundant byproduct of their heat protection mechanism.
    The desert biome is hardy but needs heat and moisture control, demanding basic support systems and making it more expensive than the grasslands biodome.
  • A biodome containing a small rocky ridge patch.
    Acts as a sustainable, variable source of Fibron, Rubber and Luxite, utilizing many methods to syphon those from the soil and roots of the trees.
    The hills biome is complex and diversified, a sophisticated caretaking system is required to keep it stable in such small artificial environment.
  • A biodome containing a small mountains patch.
    Acts as a sustainable source of Luxite. The crystals are harvested in an underground chamber as it grows and regrows from a symbiotic relation with the trees.
    The mountains biome is not a needy one, however, in order to get optimal Luxite symbiotic growth the biodome conditions need to be highly stable, demanding a quick-response support system and making it somewhat expensive.
  • A compact biodome containing a very small grasslands patch.
    Acts as a sustainable, mobile source of Fibron.

The compact grasslands biome, unlike the larger anchored one, is much less resilient, confined to a very limited area and suffering the constant physical stress of movement. The high technology employed within makes it the most expensive biodome, despite its tiny size.

The description is very clear on what each one produces.
The strategic usage of each depends on your playstyle, they're mostly for acquiring these common natural resources without destroying stuff on the world.
The price of the anchored ones goes from 4000 to 8000BB, while the mobile one is 10000BB and has the clear advantage of being a reliable mobile source of energy (via furnace burning).
These are the only blocks planned for "infinite" resource production, save for a potential atmospheric carbite condenser. I didn't want easy resource generators for every single thing, just for these natural ones that already grow back in nature.

Some data:
  1. Anchored Grasslands Biodome - 1 Fibron Chunk each 9s.
  2. Anchored Desert Biodome - 1 Rubber Brick each 18s.
  3. Anchored Mountains Biodome - 1 Luxite Crystal each 23s.
  4. Anchored Hills Biodome - 1 of either resources at rates 62,5% Fibron / 25% Rubber / 12,5% Luxite each 15s.
  5. Mobile Grassland Biodome - 1 Fibron Chunk each 27s.
  • Anchored: 8x8x6, 80 mass, 10000HP, 24 bottom APs and 4 behind.
  • Mobile: 4x4x4, 20 mass, 5000HP, 12 bottom APs.
These are the jewel concept blocks of GreenTech, I don't think I could do anything more fitting, and I'm very happy and proud with how it turned out.
I'd like to thank Legionite and Exund for technical help :)
Have fun!

DOWNLOAD

Last edited: