Rafs' Custom Blocks and Skins :)

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Electrocharge Mortar

Update August 10th - Slight cosmetic update on explosion, now creates a small shockwave on the floor.

GT_Electrocharge_Mortar_Icon.png

Launches power cells that will give multiple electrical discharges when in contact with any surface.
The technology for recycling batteries into biodegradable power cells became so common and cheap that suddenly it was a weapon. It uses its own separated solar power to charge each cell.

https://gyazo.com/0fe1ab9674aaef01a5f159f2b159173e

As the gif shows, it's a projectile that will explode at each little impact, multiple times, until it despawns or stops bouncing.
The weapon footprint is a bit big, filling three columns of blocks in a row, but the damage output can be very nice if the batteries land right on top of the enemy tech. They have some seeking too, enemy lock-on will help with that.
The only downside is that they despawn immediately on shields, greatly decreasing their effectivity, so they work better as support weapons that should rain the pain once shields are down. Being a mortar the placement is a bit flexible, can be placed at the back part of the tech.

The effects of spamming this weapon can be really fun, specially with the Firestorm Engine increasing fire rate.
Hope you all like it.

electorcharge.png1596753778576.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Helios

Also known as He Who Forgets Passwords
Apr 7, 2020
Erm, I don't think that's really possible for most modders, most likely one that could do that is @WhitePaw2002 and even then that's an incredibly low chance.
I know, it's just that he has basically created a whole new corporation.
I have to say though, the quality of this mod is pretty much on par or even surpasses the vanilla. On top of that, it is also unique enough, doesn't overlap or share visual characteristics with any vanilla corp. Like I said before, if Rafs sneaks it into the game people won't tell it's a mod :)

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Blaze Cannon

Update August 11th - Fixed a small model glitch.
GT_Blaze_Cannon_Icon.png

Fires a barrage of fireballs that can cause great damage to surfaces and stress shields.
Some forests rely on controlled wildfires for maintenance of their ecosystem, the gentle and precise blaze cannon is the latest answer for doing that safely.

https://gyazo.com/312172ba85a6a61c7c54627effaade9b
https://gyazo.com/8f7063c0df5a4ea09f913b9b2414181f

A 3x3 base turret that works like a minigun but fires mildly explosive fireballs, with a lot of the damage concentrated on the projectile impact instead. That means it should be able of shredding shields and opening the pathway for other weapons.

The fast fire rate and innacuracy should spread damage a bit, though that won't help with fast targets or too far away ones.
It's a bit of a mix of cannon and mortar, at higher distances it fires at 45° to get more projectile travel, and at mid-range it fires like a megaton. It can't fire on targets that are too low or right on top of it, there is some seeking but not too much.

Goes well with uneven width techs built using the Voyager Cab, and can be used from high hovers or heavy planes as a bombardment weapon.

https://gyazo.com/312172ba85a6a61c7c54627effaade9b
https://gyazo.com/8f7063c0df5a4ea09f913b9b2414181f

1597110686937.png1597110701189.png1597110711752.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Leaf Blower

GT_Leaf_Blower_Icon.png

Creates a powerful gust, cleaning debris and even pushing techs around if used in larger quantities. Unfortunately, the winds get absorbed by shields.

https://gyazo.com/8bca4eff68c24bc79544b898c836cfd5
https://gyazo.com/b4bd68a5b3c7a69e93cfeddcfe0f87a5

A "shotgun module" based weapon, uses it mostly for the knockback manipulation; the area damage is a secondary feature and a bit low in this weapon. The functionality is pretty intuitive, it blows/pushes techs away.
Shields block the knockback and damage, so you need to take it down before rushing in and flipping the tech with the blowers.
The best use is against ground techs, as it is likely to expose their bottom, which is often unprotected and lacks any guns to fight back; a flipped tech is a dead tech. Usually three or more blowers work against most medium sized enemies.
Does not work so well against hover techs, it lacks range and will just briefly destabilize it.
Also, the lack of decent damage pays off in all the impact damage the pushed tech will suffer, even more if there are deadly trees in the path.

Hope you all have fun with this support weapon.

1597713324825.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
I can't transfer all blocks with the current support status; for the ones I can there is a lot of work to do so I can say soon but no promises on dates.

Reactions: Skihiley

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Venture Blizzard Missile Battery

VEN_Blizzard_Missile_Battery_Icon.png

Known as a larger variant of the Avalanche, the Blizzard releases a storm of rockets like no other missile battery. The fixed angle shot and formidable seeking grants it flexible placement and usage in almost any tech, for a cost.

This block idea came from an issue I had with firing multiple Avalanche missiles and the massive lag it causes on my notebook. I thought something combining multiple avalanches in a single weapon, with reduced invididual missile smoke, would be a great addition, and so this block came to be.
It gimbals horizontally, slower than the avalanche, without vertical gimbal, firing at 35° angle always. The projectile is exactly the same, with minor cosmetic changes to reduce the lag, specially a cut in particles emission by 1/4. It has the same footprint of three avalanches, roughly equivalent combined DPS, slightly lower combined price, and slightly higher combined mass and health.
Enjoy it!

1598040661717.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GSO Tonker Track
GSO_Tonker_Track_Icon.png

A strange design that survived time, made to carry the largest cannons and equipment.
The engineering is pretty solid and balanced for big techs, being a good choice to those who think that size indeed does matter.

This track begun as a 1x1x1 track xD But the way the math in the game works for small wheels with high torque is incredibly flawed and unstable, I tweaked it for three days with many combinations of values for hours and hours, nothing worked. so I had to scrap it.

Then I decided to make a very large GSO track instead, as all it had was the awful Techa. Nothing powerful enough to carry their biggest weapons, the muddy dog wheels are cool and rugged but not so strong.
This track moves at maximum ~69mph, somewhat faster than the large HE track and much faster than the large GC one, although having less torque than both, thus a bit weaker. The spring/weight carrying capacity is similar to the HE track, however I optimized the suspension behavior to not act like jelly as most tracks do (it's a simple fix in max suspension acceleration, oddly and unnecessary low in all vanilla tracks).
It has as much mass as the HE track but way less health and less APs. Still, I found it much better to drive overall, the suspension height is very large so you can really spam it and still have all wheels touching the floor in highly uneven terrain, keeping the grip. It's slightly cheaper too. And it comes at GSO grade 5.

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did when playing with it :)

1598413661821.png1598413667592.png1598413672269.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Discovery Wheel

Update October 6th - Parking torque increased.

GT_Discovery_Wheel_Icon.png

Inspired by the vanguard of space exploration rovers, the Discovery Wheel is a great choice for delving into unknown terrain, knowing you will be able to return, eventually.

A larger variant of the Explorer Wheel, and a counterpart to the Husk Wheel, trading the large health and strong torque for more speed and a high suspension. It is highly maneuverable too.
Can also be used sideways to make a very stable and low to the ground tech.

1598578302240.png1598578309080.png1598578316292.png

Attachments

Last edited:

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
Jul 4, 2018
Quick reminder for the newer viewers who haven't seen the initial post or haven't read the initial post.

We'll be leaving this thread for shared content only, for easier navigation (no-content comments will be removed, thanks for understanding).

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Disc, Husk, Trasher and Terra Wheel Pack

Update October 6th -
Parking torque increased, repairing fixed. Terra Wheel speed, torque and turning increased.

Disc Wheels.png

Although not very maneuverable or fast, the Disc Wheel is a small powerhouse of GreenTech, also durable and easily stackable to make long rollers.

The structure of the Husk Wheel comes with plenty of APs and a small hollow interior for carrying blocks within.

Heavy armoured wheel used at GreenTech' operated landfills for crushing trash, with strong spikes that can break even the hardest rubble.

The gargantuan Terra Wheel is one of the largest wheel models ever built. A light but highly sophisticated wooden structure holds it together while strong built-in engines work to rotate the giant tire.
It was born from a collaboration between scientists and environmental organizations in efforts to provide a green alternative to the highly popular Behemoth Wheel, which creates miles and miles of new tire dumps every year.

This is a re-release of three GreenTech wheels, plus a newcomer, the Disc Wheel.
I am doing that because all those wheels had been heavily optimized while retaining their original stats; I removed all and any jankyness of any of them.
The improvements include almost no jankyness when climbing steep hills, better colliders, no selection issues with blocks inside of the gaps, some 3D Model improvements, and a few other minor changes.

These are all fun wheels to build with and around it, enabling even monowheel techs (though for better suspension performance you should have at least three wheels).
They are generally strong, tanky and grippy compared to the other GT wheels, just not so fast or maneuverable.
Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Compact Battery

GT_Compact_Battery_Icon.png

A small yet heavy battery containing many layers of compacted supercapacitors, with equally dense energy storage.

Pretty much 1/4 of an Eco Battery in most stats, useful for small techs and filling gaps.

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Hawkeye Riot Shield

Update October 6th - Fixed shield offset.

HE_Riot_Shield_Icon.png

Projects a large, slightly curved screen, designed to protect crucial parts of the tech while having reduced drain.
The distance from the projector ensures efficient explosion suppression.

This is the first of my series of directionally projected shields, non-spherical. This started as a suggestion more than a year ago, but since Payload didn't show any interest, I have been trying to make it possible ever since I started modding, with many failed tries.
It is now possible to have one that works very reliably.

The description is pretty much what it does, reduced drain overall plus a distant shield surface making stuff blow up there instead of close to the tech, while not having the full spherical coverage of a classic shield.
There is a minor visual glitch where shield hit effects happen at the center of shield screen, as well as explosions, but this shouldn't affect gameplay.

Hope you all enjoy it and find it balanced for its high strategic potential. Have fun!

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Holographic Sun Projector

GT_Holographic_Sun_Projector_Icon.png

An holographic representation of the Sun which creates a powerful light, capable of iluminating the entire surroundings of a tech as if it was daytime.
The low-radiation light created by the hologram cannot power solar panels.

This is the ultimate light generation block, it is not intense however to the point of hurting the eyes, the catch here is the range of the projected light, which is enormous.
The light effect itself will only turn on at night, while the animated sun will always stay there, 200m(blocks) above the projector, as well as a cosmetic spotlight effect on top of the projector; I could not find ways of hiding those during the day, unfortunately.
The best use for that light is on your own tech, using it in bases or other techs does not mean you will be able to see it from far, as the distance for loading techs and their effects is not that high even on highest graphics settings.

Hope you all like this block, and if Ifind a way of polishing it more, I will certainly do it. Have fun!

1599080070564.pngLightsOffOn.png1599080125756.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Better Future Compact FPV Cab [overhaul]

Update October 6th -
Added passive gyro, more stable.

BF_FPV_Cab_Icon.png

A nice small BF cab, featuring a built in camera that you can look through.
Right click and drag to look and Cycle views with R (and backwards with Shift held down).

This was a custom block made by WhitePaw and AstraTheDragon, long ago. I liked the concept and felt like reworking it a bit using the stuff we have nowadays for modding (it was very limited back then).
The primary function is the first person view camera, just put the cab down, switch to it, or add it to your tech, and follow the instructions up there. It has a reasonably neat interior, just enough to feel a bit more immersive, but still with a very wide opening for looking around.
It's super stable for driving with a very low center of mass, the wheels are very good and responsive too, with top speed about 30mph. The laser guns do around 100 DPS, decent for its size and better than other small cabs.
WhitePaw also contributed again in this one, giving final touches :) Thank you!

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Forestkeeper AI Module
GT_Forestkeeper_AI_Module_Icon.png
The Forestkeeper is a repurposed Ranger Cab where the control systems are fully automated for extensive patrols, with a mounted Spore Launcher that will seek and neutralize any forest intruders.

The main AI Module of GreenTech, with stats similar to the Ranger Cab in most of the features they share (mobile solar, battery, self-healing), with the difference of being AI and having a weaker form of the Spore Launcher, with 200 DPS rather than 600.
Adding it to the tech contributes most in the additional energy capacity and small energy generation, the placement can be more exposed if the tech is very small to make use of the spores, otherwise it should be buried deep-in next to the cab.
Enjoy!

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Thermosphere Mortar

[Update the Block Injector for it to work!]
[Credits to Aceba1 for the projectile DPS module <3]

GT_Thermosphere_Mortar_Icon.png

The small spheres launched by this weapon have special thermomagnetic coils that guide it to sources of electromagnetism, sticking to metallic surfaces and melting them.
When the readings fade, they deactivate, doing no harm to detached blocks or the environment.

These orbs are prototypes from one of the many Terraforming Technology projects developed by GreenTech, alongside satellite companies and startups; which ended up as a ranger enforcement device.

A GT Grade 1 weapon that is an hybrid of several other weapons; has the homing of a mortar/spore launcher, goes through shields and sticks to enemy blocks like a stick bomb, but only does contact damage, like a drill. So it's like a ranged drill.
The DPS per sphere is 120, each lasting 6 seconds after sticking, 1 shot every 2 seconds, so the maximum dps would be around 360 per mortar if you hit all spheres all the time.
They spread a bit too, and they stop doing damage if the block falls off; therefore for most enemies they would disassemble them progressively until a fatal blow happens to the cab, leaving most blocks safe for scavenging.
I felt it's a very balanced weapon and better suited for a bit of hit and run tactics, in that matter it would do well on the bottom of a plane with continuous flybys.
The rather small DPS can be countered by decent healing, so keep an eye on that and don't use this weapon alone if you can pack a punch with something else. Pair it up with the Water Cannon, Sound Cannon and Electrosphere Mortar to always ignore shields!

Lastly, because of a technical issue the damaging of rocks and trees was disabled.
Have fun!

ThermoTech1.pngThermoTech2.pngThermoTech3.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Cryogenic Beam
GT_Cryogenic_Beam_Icon.png
Fires a potent stream of near 0 Kelvin ice crystals.
Some surfaces will freeze so fast they'll crack and break immediately, some will get more and more brittle until collapsing.

This technology was responsible for much of Earth's glaciers recovery in recent years, with hundreds of massive Cryo Tankers replenishing ice caps all over the world.

That's a very simple weapon, a re-skinned flamethrower with higher range and DPS, keeping the main feature that is ignoring shields.
The overall size, shape and footprint is comparable to an HG1 Cannon, requiring some space around it for the turret to rotate, while the barrel goes up/down.
It does not slow techs or anything, this is not possible with the current coding limitations. Still quite enjoyable as a big endgame weapon, hope you all like it :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words regarding my mods and block models, I am very happy with my growth as modder and amateur 3D Modeler Artist.
Also thanks @CrimsonCrips for the Nitro gift on Discord, I appreciate the support and recognition.

CryoTech1.pngCryoTech2.pngCryoTech3.png

Attachments