Rafs' Custom Blocks and Skins :)

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
GSO Tonker Track
GSO_Tonker_Track_Icon.png

A strange design that survived time, made to carry the largest cannons and equipment.
The engineering is pretty solid and balanced for big techs, being a good choice to those who think that size indeed does matter.

This track begun as a 1x1x1 track xD But the way the math in the game works for small wheels with high torque is incredibly flawed and unstable, I tweaked it for three days with many combinations of values for hours and hours, nothing worked. so I had to scrap it.

Then I decided to make a very large GSO track instead, as all it had was the awful Techa. Nothing powerful enough to carry their biggest weapons, the muddy dog wheels are cool and rugged but not so strong.
This track moves at maximum ~69mph, somewhat faster than the large HE track and much faster than the large GC one, although having less torque than both, thus a bit weaker. The spring/weight carrying capacity is similar to the HE track, however I optimized the suspension behavior to not act like jelly as most tracks do (it's a simple fix in max suspension acceleration, oddly and unnecessary low in all vanilla tracks).
It has as much mass as the HE track but way less health and less APs. Still, I found it much better to drive overall, the suspension height is very large so you can really spam it and still have all wheels touching the floor in highly uneven terrain, keeping the grip. It's slightly cheaper too. And it comes at GSO grade 5.

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did when playing with it :)

1598413661821.png1598413667592.png1598413672269.png

Attachments

Last edited:

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
Jul 4, 2018
Quick reminder for the newer viewers who haven't seen the initial post or haven't read the initial post.

We'll be leaving this thread for shared content only, for easier navigation (no-content comments will be removed, thanks for understanding).

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Compact Battery

GT_Compact_Battery_Icon.png

A small yet heavy battery containing many layers of compacted supercapacitors, with equally dense energy storage.

Pretty much 1/4 of an Eco Battery in most stats, useful for small techs and filling gaps.

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Hawkeye Riot Shield

Update May 1st - Fixed internal bug.

HE_Riot_Shield_Icon.png

Projects a large, slightly curved screen, designed to protect crucial parts of the tech while having reduced drain.
The distance from the projector ensures efficient explosion suppression.

This is the first of my series of directionally projected shields, non-spherical. This started as a suggestion more than a year ago, but since Payload didn't show any interest, I have been trying to make it possible ever since I started modding, with many failed tries.
It is now possible to have one that works very reliably.

The description is pretty much what it does, reduced drain overall plus a distant shield surface making stuff blow up there instead of close to the tech, while not having the full spherical coverage of a classic shield.
There is a minor visual glitch where shield hit effects happen at the center of shield screen, as well as explosions, but this shouldn't affect gameplay.

Hope you all enjoy it and find it balanced for its high strategic potential. Have fun!

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Holographic Sun Projector

Update October 24th - Sun particle now only plays when attached to a Tech.

ATTENTION: Requires Particle Manager mod at TTMM, by FLSoz.

GT_Holographic_Sun_Projector_Icon.png

An holographic representation of the Sun which creates a powerful light, capable of iluminating the entire surroundings of a tech as if it was daytime.
The low-radiation light created by the hologram cannot power solar panels.

This is the ultimate light generation block, it is not intense however to the point of hurting the eyes, the catch here is the range of the projected light, which is enormous.
The light effect itself will only turn on at night, while the animated sun will always stay there, 200m(blocks) above the projector, as well as a cosmetic spotlight effect on top of the projector; I could not find ways of hiding those during the day, unfortunately.
The best use for that light is on your own tech, using it in bases or other techs does not mean you will be able to see it from far, as the distance for loading techs and their effects is not that high even on highest graphics settings.

Hope you all like this block, and if Ifind a way of polishing it more, I will certainly do it. Have fun!

1599080070564.pngLightsOffOn.png1599080125756.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Better Future Compact FPV Cab [overhaul]

Update October 6th -
Added passive gyro, more stable.

BF_FPV_Cab_Icon.png

A nice small BF cab, featuring a built in camera that you can look through.
Right click and drag to look and Cycle views with R (and backwards with Shift held down).

This was a custom block made by WhitePaw and AstraTheDragon, long ago. I liked the concept and felt like reworking it a bit using the stuff we have nowadays for modding (it was very limited back then).
The primary function is the first person view camera, just put the cab down, switch to it, or add it to your tech, and follow the instructions up there. It has a reasonably neat interior, just enough to feel a bit more immersive, but still with a very wide opening for looking around.
It's super stable for driving with a very low center of mass, the wheels are very good and responsive too, with top speed about 30mph. The laser guns do around 100 DPS, decent for its size and better than other small cabs.
WhitePaw also contributed again in this one, giving final touches :) Thank you!

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Forestkeeper AI Module
GT_Forestkeeper_AI_Module_Icon.png
The Forestkeeper is a repurposed Ranger Cab where the control systems are fully automated for extensive patrols, with a mounted Spore Launcher that will seek and neutralize any forest intruders.

The main AI Module of GreenTech, with stats similar to the Ranger Cab in most of the features they share (mobile solar, battery, self-healing), with the difference of being AI and having a weaker form of the Spore Launcher, with 200 DPS rather than 600.
Adding it to the tech contributes most in the additional energy capacity and small energy generation, the placement can be more exposed if the tech is very small to make use of the spores, otherwise it should be buried deep-in next to the cab.
Enjoy!

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Thermosphere Mortar

[Update the Block Injector for it to work!]
[Credits to Aceba1 for the projectile DPS module <3]

GT_Thermosphere_Mortar_Icon.png

The small spheres launched by this weapon have special thermomagnetic coils that guide it to sources of electromagnetism, sticking to metallic surfaces and melting them.
When the readings fade, they deactivate, doing no harm to detached blocks or the environment.

These orbs are prototypes from one of the many Terraforming Technology projects developed by GreenTech, alongside satellite companies and startups; which ended up as a ranger enforcement device.

A GT Grade 1 weapon that is an hybrid of several other weapons; has the homing of a mortar/spore launcher, goes through shields and sticks to enemy blocks like a stick bomb, but only does contact damage, like a drill. So it's like a ranged drill.
The DPS per sphere is 120, each lasting 6 seconds after sticking, 1 shot every 2 seconds, so the maximum dps would be around 360 per mortar if you hit all spheres all the time.
They spread a bit too, and they stop doing damage if the block falls off; therefore for most enemies they would disassemble them progressively until a fatal blow happens to the cab, leaving most blocks safe for scavenging.
I felt it's a very balanced weapon and better suited for a bit of hit and run tactics, in that matter it would do well on the bottom of a plane with continuous flybys.
The rather small DPS can be countered by decent healing, so keep an eye on that and don't use this weapon alone if you can pack a punch with something else. Pair it up with the Water Cannon, Sound Cannon and Electrosphere Mortar to always ignore shields!

Lastly, because of a technical issue the damaging of rocks and trees was disabled.
Have fun!

ThermoTech1.pngThermoTech2.pngThermoTech3.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Cryogenic Beam
GT_Cryogenic_Beam_Icon.png
Fires a potent stream of near 0 Kelvin ice crystals.
Some surfaces will freeze so fast they'll crack and break immediately, some will get more and more brittle until collapsing.

This technology was responsible for much of Earth's glaciers recovery in recent years, with hundreds of massive Cryo Tankers replenishing ice caps all over the world.

That's a very simple weapon, a re-skinned flamethrower with higher range and DPS, keeping the main feature that is ignoring shields.
The overall size, shape and footprint is comparable to an HG1 Cannon, requiring some space around it for the turret to rotate, while the barrel goes up/down.
It does not slow techs or anything, this is not possible with the current coding limitations. Still quite enjoyable as a big endgame weapon, hope you all like it :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words regarding my mods and block models, I am very happy with my growth as modder and amateur 3D Modeler Artist.
Also thanks @CrimsonCrips for the Nitro gift on Discord, I appreciate the support and recognition.

CryoTech1.pngCryoTech2.pngCryoTech3.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
I tried to place reworked Component Storage blocks but crafting is broken in workshop/official mods, I'll wait for a fix. For other basic construction blocks I'll start soon. But even that is still quite unstable, specially ID issues that pop out in people's games.

S-2K [US]

Nov 19, 2018
rafs, ever since you made your first suggestion here, i've considered you to be an intelligent forumgoer, and when you started posting blocks, i saw that you are at least as good at designing and balancing blocks as the devs themselves. also can we have some of your blocks on the workshop please?
I'm afraid that at the moment, a vast majority of Raf's blocks are incompatible with the current official modding tools. Other than the relative recentness of mod support being added to the Steam Workshop, there's a reason why few block mods exist for it.
Edit: Looks like I replied at the exact same time as Rafs, whoops.

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Beam Anchor

GT_Beam_Anchor_Icon.png

A compact anchor with a projected beam that clings to the terrain, bonding the Tech with it like a strong cord of light.

This is pretty much a smaller sky anchor with a shorter beam, anchors up to 20 blocks from the ground and has a stronger pull. Better suited for ground techs thatdon't want to fiddle with normal anchors or the sometimes too big sky anchor, and low hovering techs.
Very practical and quite often suggested for the Vanilla game. Enjoy it :)

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Fixed Anchor, Wireless Charger and Anchored Solar Panel

Anchor Solar Charger.png

A design inspired by nature, this solar panel not only generates energy very efficiently, it also makes bases and techs look a little more lush.

A wireless charger of mid-long range and average transfer rate, easily stackable.

An anchor of expandable fibron, capable of quickly deploying a long and durable wooden pillar.

A pack containing three new blocks :)

The anchored solar panel has a large footprint but produces 1000 energy/s, the same amount of space occupied by it with GSO Solar Panels would produce 975. It has APs only at the base, the cells around the base are free for placing other blocks, and has no anchor itself.

The wireless charger has same charge rate of a GSO Charger, with 10 blocks longer range (between it and Geocorp), and easily stackable with APs on top and bottom.

The fixed anchor main feature is being tall and thin, and rather cheap.

https://gyazo.com/c584331c9177da8989c0047b95a50ab4
https://gyazo.com/fdcd38b6cb5ee9e701d9a7bc4b99ddcf

1600806261013.png1600806273090.png1600806282691.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Oliver Green Cab
GT_Oliver_Green_Cab_Icon.png
A cab shaped after Oliver Greenbelt's head, director of the permanent board for Sustainable Energies at GreenTech, and a fierce enthusiast of direct exposure to sunlight.

Sometime ago I felt like trying to make a NPC head cab, and now it's finally done. We don't have missions or anything yet but as an alternate cab with its own gimmicks I think it was worth it.
It has 1500 energy capacity (Ranger Cab has 2000) and generates 4 solar energy per second (Ranger does 5), but lacks mobility, self healing and night spotlight. So this cab is like a portable solar power cell, and can passively sustain one large bubble or a couple small ones on average.
Hope you all like it!

1600979717915.png
"Hello there young chap, I'm glad you came to our meeting. I am Oliver Green, director of the board for Sustainable Energies at GreenTech, and I am here to introduce you to sustainable prospecting."

1600979731369.png
"Oh, I'm late for my tea, good luck on your journey young fella! Here I go hohoho!"

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Basic Blocks Pack 3

Quick update -
fixed collider issue in the largest round block.

Basic Blocks 3.png

This is a pack that adds larger curved blocks to GreenTech, as a preparation for the upcoming greenhouse set of metal-framed glass blocks, which also has large curves and domes, as well as walls (the blocks will be light but averagely strong, it's made of highly resistant glass).
These blocks add more options for larger GT builds as well as coverings for terra wheels for example. Oh, and there is also a large upcoming pack of very large leaf blocks that fit those curves. Enjoy!

1601514548345.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Greenhouse Blocks

Update november 1st -
Downgraded some blocks, optimized some colliders.

Greenhouse Blocks.png

A set of transparent building blocks!

These are not just decorative neither fragile, they have very low mass for their sizes but high health, like a chassis block, however they only have APs on the borders. They also have "rock" defense type, making them highly resistant to bullet and laser, neutral to explosion and weak to impact and plasma, almost like an armouring; and are immune to fire (flamethrowers).
So you can't place anything on them like you would with a basic block full of APs, but they are excellent covering for internal stuff, and lets you see those stuff; that's excellent for a crafting base (you would still need to leave a gap to click on fabricators and such).
The glass doesn't look so pretty and shiny in fast graphics, but it's decent; uses same material as the tube conveyors.

I'm happy to finally provide a much request feature for the game (windows, glass, etc), and I believe the grey metal of the frame should make it neutral enough to go well with most corps. Hope you all like it and make beautiful builds with it!

Cute tech snap by my friend @Helios
GT_Candy_Jar_Havester.png

GreenhouseTechs.pngGreenhouseTech2.png

Attachments

Last edited: