Rafs' Custom Blocks and Skins :)

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
Tube Conveyor System

Update July 3rd - Visual fix at filter.
Tube Conveyors.png
A compact tube conveyor section that safely carries resources inside. Requires different parts to turn, to make joints or interact with other crafting blocks.

The system I always dreamed with, is finally here. Tubes!

They are not very complicated though, they act line normal conveyors but capable of carrying resources inside the tube in a very short beam, and connections between tubes are done via attachment points only visible when building. They also have sections with openings to interact with other crafting blocks, even normal conveyors.

The tubes enable compact and highly controlled crafting building, as you never get interactions you didn't want with surrounding blocks, like conveyors sometimes do.
The tubes do not display "direction" because the system conveyor belts use is very janky; however the fact you can control connections makes it very easy to deal with.
And there's the fast transport tubes to speed up resource movement even more over long distances as they jump farther between beam positions for the same tick.

I am still evaluating making blocks that connect directly with tubes such as a "tube refinery" and more, however for other blocks such as silos and receivers I might make it in the usual system for portability, with their own special perks.

Hope you all enjoy it! Any questions ask me on Discord.

tube1.pngtube2.pngtube3.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Basic Blocks Pack 2

Basic Blocks 2.png
Some new streamlined blocks to expand design possibilities on GT techs.

I also updated the Basic blocks Pack, and I realized a lot of people are missing updates of many blocks (and a couple blocks missing in the Drive), so instead of sharing the folder here, I will leave here again the download link to my drive.

Download everything and replace everything :)

DOWNLOAD

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GSO Rocket Launcher

GSO_Rocket_Launcher_Icon.png
Launches small rockets that fly straight for a while before exploding.
Do not aim where the enemy is, aim where it is going to be.

This is a grade 2 weapon, a "dumbfire" rocket launcher that lacks any homing.
The barrel can aim up/down somewhat and left/right very little.
The rocket travels at low/average speed and reaches average range, doing 2x the damage of a 3-pound, with 1-block larger blast radius.

All of that makes this weapon a little more challenging to use against moving enemies, but also rewarding. It induces action, where you will be trying to predict enemy movement so that the rocket lands, or getting closer and risk getting hit.

Gif: https://gyazo.com/7fb0b00f79d3da7510b38b57dfb0ba22

Have fun!

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GSO Mini Bomb

Update August 7th - Now ignores shields, also a bit more bouncy.
GSO_Mini_Bomb_Icon.png
A device that releases a mini bomb, which sticks to techs and delivers a decent blow.

Gif:
https://gyazo.com/5390d2e52be0407e69c7c87f112411aa

The gif explains the functionality pretty well; the bombs can act like explosive sticky caltrops, they can be launched forward if you build enough speed, and they can be thrown from planes (they have homing if used that way, but only that way).

The Mini Bomb is a grade 1 weapon, and despite being more powerful than the 3-pound in terms of explosion, after many tests it was shown to be pretty "difficult" to use to hit other techs, so I gave it power in order to make it rewarding to use; that's the original idea anyway.
Doesn't go much far but lasts for 5 seconds on the floor, it's better as a defensive weapon than offensive, specially during chases.

It shines as a support weapon too, because it will probably blow up early game enemy tech's wheels and make them beach, enabling you of finishing them with other weapons while avoiding fire from the stationary enemy.

It's quite flexible and fun for a grade 1 weapon; and can be spammed until grade 3 with some efficiency on melee approachs; after that you might want to stick to long range weapons as enemies get tougher. Or use it in a rudimentary GSO bomber; the weapon block is rather light and easy to carry around, and the bomb will fall for 1 minute if it doesn't hit anything, while having homing in that state. It ignores shields so it can be considered a piercing bomb, capable of ignoring defenses.

Hope you all enjoy it!

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Omniwheels Rework

Update August 30th - Now come in pairs from crates.

Omniwheels.png

I'm giving these wheels a very important update, visually and to internal functions.

Most of those wheels remains the same, however it now uses "mecanum wheel" coding instead of the previous workarounds.
Each "tire" is now only one wheel (previously it was two wheels 90° of each other), which can turn 45° almost instantly and also strafe; therefore keeping the functionality almost intact with easy turning and omnidirectional movement regardless of placement. The tech turning is just a bit slower so I buffed all wheels with 10% increased maximum speed, and they got suspension buffs and tweaks.

The best change is the visual rework of the tires, shaped after a polyhedron called "chamfered truncated icosahedron", with grooves between the hexagons and pentagons.

Attachments

Last edited:

joseph racer

Feb 1, 2019
What would happen if installed these mods and then unistalled them

would that curropt my world?

Also are there green tech missions in here?

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
It does not corrupt the world, it only affects snapshots that uses the modded blocks, it would display [missing blocks] and make it invalid.
No, mission systems are overly complicated and all modders stay away from it.

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Hawkeye Firestorm Engine

Update July 25th - Updated for BuffMod newest version (update it at TTMM!).

HE_Firestorm_Engine_Icon.png
A powerful engine capable of overdriving the mechanical systems of guns in order to boost fire rate; at the cost of destabilizing projectiles and causing loss of accuracy.

With the custom "Buff Module" developed by FireflyWater, we were able of bringing to you all the first block of a line of "tech-wide buff" blocks!

The Firestorm Engine!

For one using it, it's very simple: it boosts fire rate of guns while also increasing the random projectile spray.
As of now, it cuts cooldown by 1/4 of the original value; fast firing weapons get much much faster while slow firing ones doesn't need to wait for so long for the next shot.
The random projectile spray increase means projectiles may come out of the barrel at worse angles, as of now x2 +0.3 the original weapon spray.

https://gyazo.com/5da9f43a3d375742ba1fb2dbbdcf9b6d

It affects all projectile guns (machine guns, cannons, shotguns, laser shooters, mortars, missiles, bombs).
Does not affect drills, saws, hammers, flamethrowers, plasmas and cutting lasers.

More engines, devices and other buff blocks are planned, stay tuned!

=> IMPORTANT: Run TTMM and use it to install Terra Tech Buff Blocks mod!!!!! Otherwise it won't work!! <=

FirestormTech.pngFirestormTech2.pngFirestormTech3.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Venture Dragster Engine

VEN_Dragster_Engine_Icon.png

The Dragster Engine provides more traction and strength for wheels, while also increasing fuel efficiency on boosters.

The second buff block I'm releasing, once again thanks to FireflyWater for the buff mod at TTMM.
This one doubles wheel torque, provides +1 grip to wheels (wheels grip usually vary between 2~5), and 30% less fuel burnt.

It's a block with pure buffs and although it may sound cheap, given it's small size, it comes much later in the game at Venture Grade 3, where much larger wheels come in use and there's plenty of torque; besides the availability of thrusters that artificially increase the car speed and strength. This engine comes handy for smaller Venture techs, or techs that simply want to use less wheels but still be able to carry some weight.
The booster bonus comes quite handy for those who like using those; while the extra grip helps making better use of the increased torque.

It costs around 30k BB, and you only need one in any tech, as it does not stack.

Cool visual effect when activating boosters:
https://gyazo.com/00091088c9cd607bb8c8205c6bf16d41
https://gyazo.com/43aad9c0d454a20b791ceb2eb341b8d1

Remember to check the Buff Mod at TTMM for updates! We've been going through bug fixes.
Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GeoCorp Thor Engine

GC_Thor_Engine_Icon.png
The mighty Thor Engine provides increased maximum wheel rotation, improved braking, and strengthens suspension hydraulic systems.
Developed for faster and safer transporation of heavy payloads.

Another wheel related buff block, this time with different bonuses, intended for techs that have a good surplus of torque and need some more speed.

Stats are:
+40% Max Wheel Speed/RPM
+50% Braking Strength
+25% Suspension Spring Strength (dampener increases proportionally)

On average, most wheels get +20mph from having this engine at the tech, but many other factors can influcence max speed, such as the presence of thrusters. Pairs very well with the Dragster Engine.
Thrusters once again are the reason I didn't gave this block any "debuffs", as it can be replaced later on by strong propellers such as Ion Engines. The price is a bit hefty though, at 50k, plus having a large footprint (but decent AP distribution).
It emits a nice smoke trail constantly.

1595036542778.png1595036553027.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GSO Autominer Pump

GSO_Autominer_Pump_Icon.png

A strong pump that greatly increases the efficiency of Auto Miners, making it extract chunks four times faster.

A simple buff block, does what the description says. It's a tech wide buff so you better use it on quadminers for more efficiency per pump (it costs 5k, a considerable investment but worth it).

https://gyazo.com/2826a3efac8ba5743bed1ff541a9653f

Go get rich!

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GSO Trailer Adapter

Update July 28th - Now deactivates hover turning.
GSO_Trailer_Adapter_Icon.png

Attach this to a tech to deactivate wheel driving and braking, making it much easier to tow around.
Also deactivates hover turning, for the fans of floating trailers.

It's a buff block that turns off braking, torque and wheel turning on whatever tech you put it in, with any wheels.
You can safely place an AI on that trailer tech, it won't drive at all (remember to remove thrusters and propellers).

Works better than using the RR Trailer Wheels, as all they do is having no braking, but they still have some torque and turning, which the AI will use and make the trailer unstable.

It's a very simple functional block, but any questions you can ask me on discord. Have fun!

https://gyazo.com/8a06e053499f22611dc5077e7370802e

1595358119462.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
Well, these are very cool blocks, but they don't do a huge amount. Esp considering cost, size and mounting.

Even on a small tech, the dragster engine doesn't make that much difference.
And it seems that the effects don't stack.

Needs a bit of a tweak, i think.

Reactions: Seth_Seth

Zazi

Jul 18, 2020
Well, these are very cool blocks, but they don't do a huge amount. Esp considering cost, size and mounting.

Even on a small tech, the dragster engine doesn't make that much difference.
And it seems that the effects don't stack.

Needs a bit of a tweak, i think.
Make sure you have the buff block mod installed in the mod manager or they won't do anything. The dragster engine is actually one of the more noticeable buffs as it adds grip and wheel speed. Also he states that you can't stack the same block buff

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
Make sure you have the buff block mod installed in the mod manager or they won't do anything. The dragster engine is actually one of the more noticeable buffs as it adds grip and wheel speed. Also he states that you can't stack the same block buff
i do, they work. Speed does go up.
Like, if i add both engines to my medium tech, i get better turning and speed.
But not that much.

So the mod is working, and the drag engine has a boost effect.
But even on small techs, it's not that noticeable.

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Venture Cluster Overcharger

[Update Buff Mod TTMM - as well as all other buff blocks!]

Go to my drive for easy mass update, check for the latest folders. Some Venture blocks were updated today.

VEN_Cluster_Overcharger_Icon.png

A small power station which not only stores a considerable amount of energy, also coordinates the power distribution in a single large cluster, managing to overcharge small batteries.
Does not work well with medium and large batteries, resulting in capacity loss.

Some stats:

-Provides 18.000 energy capacity by itself. It' has a 12-block volume so it's 1500/cell, same as a normal VEN/GSO Battery.
-Increases VEN/GSO batteries capacity from 1500 to 1800.
-Decreases capacity of any other batteries (or simply put, batteries with default capacity larger than 2100).
-The math of the batteries buff is (Capacity*0.5)+1050.
For VEN/GSO:
1500*0.5=750
750+1050=1800

This means this block functionality is to buff the smaller batteries so they can be a bit more competitive in relation to the larger ones, specially in light techs, since the venture battery has the lowest density of all batteries, perfect for light builds such as planes of fast cars; the Cluster Overcharger increases those techs survivability.
The block itself can also be considered a large VEN Battery of 12 units packed together, which helps making it sustain more damage, it also has the same low density (12 mass) and minor death explosion, making it rather safe to use. The AP distribution is average, covering the bottom and all bottom sides.

So, you can use it either as battery, placing more than one of the Cluster Overcharger, or place one of it and the rest being VEN Batteries (or GSO), which will get increased capacity. It doesn't provide the energy density of the BF Battery (1850), but with those batteries being light and safe, makes them a viable option.

I hope you all enjoy this block.

PS: Any criticisms here will be ignored and deleted, this is a DOWNLOADS thread. Discuss with me on Discord.

unknown (2).png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Bubbles Update - Light Screen, Light Guard and Light Barrier

Bubbles.png

A compact combination of repair bubble and shield generator.

Creates a guarding aura of healing properties and protection against projectiles.

The Light Barrier uses a formidable combination of bubble technologies to provide a safe haven for the tech, considering it has enough energy to sustain it.

I have decided to provide smaller alternatives to the Light Barrier, which work in similar ways, being a combination of healing and shielding. The Light Barrier itself also got rebalanced, being somewhat smaller now and draining a bit more energy from damage. It's also a bit less blinding bright.

The balance of the bubbles works that way:

-The small one has similar size to GSO, while the medium one has a size similar to HE bubbles, and the large one is about 8 blocks larger than that.
-All bubbles have increased passive drain, but still less than that of a couple of bubbles doing the same job.
-They drain a bit less energy per damage point than similar counterparts.
-They drain more energy per heal, but heal a bit faster than similar counterparts.

The higher individual passive drain and the shielding makes the heal stack a bit less desirable, also healing a bit faster to make up for that. The more efficient shielding and larger sizes makes it a more energy draining alternative to edge placed shields such as the Havoc, losing in heal coverage if placed that way but gaining in explosion protection.
There are quite a few ways of using these bubbles, and they work well with the mobile solar panels which can make up for the passive drain. From being combined bubbles, they have a considerable cost, and are much less AP friendly than other projectors.

Hope you all like it! Have fun.

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Prismatic Lens Laser

Update August 28th -
Fixed a collider and selection issue.

GT_Prismatic_Lens_Laser_Icon.png

Do not fool yourself with the fragile appearance of this small weapon, the beam of light that comes from the prism does a good amount of damage. It uses many different crystals and their combined wavelengths to create a wide spectrum laser.
Using multiple lasers will allow for focused attacks, melting their way to the enemy cab.

That's much like a weaker and shorter FS/Cyber Disk Laser, 1x1x1, also GreenTech grade 1 (GSO grade 3). It has near perfect tracking though, with all lasers keeping perfect focus in one point regardless of techs movement, as long as it is in range. It can aim in almost any direction besides its own base.
That's an easy to use laser beam and brings the joy of scavenging enemy blocks with a perfect cut a bit earlier on campaign, although you will need to spam it a bit for more effectiveness. It's weak against shields though, so it is advised to have something like bullets that deal 2x damage to shields or the water cannon that can go through shields and trigger heal battery drain, for example.

There are additional beams inside the weapon, red blue and green, just a visual effect. For some reason they are more visible in fast graphics than fantastic graphics, idk why though.

Hope you all like it o/

https://gyazo.com/bdd7a4571b51423ee57bacc1e801ff11
https://gyazo.com/d3f15a3544e6b5df9cf7a415a646e24b

Prism1.pngPrism2.pngPrism3.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Cab Chassis Block

Update September 1st - Minor visual changes.

GT_Cab_Chassis_Block_Icon.png

A hollowed and well armoured block, made to safely accommodate the Ranger Cab, or any other fragile block such as batteries and accessories.

The newest unstable version of TerraTech (as of today, not compatible with the Block Injector) has many construction blocks with gaps for the respective corps cabs to fit in. I saw a lot of potential in those blocks, beyond cabs; they can be used to fit in other useful stuff.
I had the itch to make one for GT, and after many versions I think that's the best looking and most flexible one, C shaped, with many uses in many orientations and combinations. Also, this block is armor type, more like the Leaf blocks.
There is a curious interaction with the cab here, the cab has a mini heal bubble inside as you all know (for self heal), and the center of mass of this chassis block happens to be inside of that bubble, thus the cab will heal it too, which is welcome I guess.

Let creativity flow, enjoy!

1596396257035.png1596396263215.png1596396267459.png

Attachments

Last edited: