Rafs' Custom Blocks and Skins :)

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
GSO Trailer Adapter

Update July 28th - Now deactivates hover turning.
GSO_Trailer_Adapter_Icon.png

Attach this to a tech to deactivate wheel driving and braking, making it much easier to tow around.
Also deactivates hover turning, for the fans of floating trailers.

It's a buff block that turns off braking, torque and wheel turning on whatever tech you put it in, with any wheels.
You can safely place an AI on that trailer tech, it won't drive at all (remember to remove thrusters and propellers).

Works better than using the RR Trailer Wheels, as all they do is having no braking, but they still have some torque and turning, which the AI will use and make the trailer unstable.

It's a very simple functional block, but any questions you can ask me on discord. Have fun!

https://gyazo.com/8a06e053499f22611dc5077e7370802e

1595358119462.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
Well, these are very cool blocks, but they don't do a huge amount. Esp considering cost, size and mounting.

Even on a small tech, the dragster engine doesn't make that much difference.
And it seems that the effects don't stack.

Needs a bit of a tweak, i think.

Reactions: Seth_Seth

Zazi

Jul 18, 2020
Well, these are very cool blocks, but they don't do a huge amount. Esp considering cost, size and mounting.

Even on a small tech, the dragster engine doesn't make that much difference.
And it seems that the effects don't stack.

Needs a bit of a tweak, i think.
Make sure you have the buff block mod installed in the mod manager or they won't do anything. The dragster engine is actually one of the more noticeable buffs as it adds grip and wheel speed. Also he states that you can't stack the same block buff

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
Make sure you have the buff block mod installed in the mod manager or they won't do anything. The dragster engine is actually one of the more noticeable buffs as it adds grip and wheel speed. Also he states that you can't stack the same block buff
i do, they work. Speed does go up.
Like, if i add both engines to my medium tech, i get better turning and speed.
But not that much.

So the mod is working, and the drag engine has a boost effect.
But even on small techs, it's not that noticeable.

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Venture Cluster Overcharger

[Update Buff Mod TTMM - as well as all other buff blocks!]

Go to my drive for easy mass update, check for the latest folders. Some Venture blocks were updated today.

VEN_Cluster_Overcharger_Icon.png

A small power station which not only stores a considerable amount of energy, also coordinates the power distribution in a single large cluster, managing to overcharge small batteries.
Does not work well with medium and large batteries, resulting in capacity loss.

Some stats:

-Provides 18.000 energy capacity by itself. It' has a 12-block volume so it's 1500/cell, same as a normal VEN/GSO Battery.
-Increases VEN/GSO batteries capacity from 1500 to 1800.
-Decreases capacity of any other batteries (or simply put, batteries with default capacity larger than 2100).
-The math of the batteries buff is (Capacity*0.5)+1050.
For VEN/GSO:
1500*0.5=750
750+1050=1800

This means this block functionality is to buff the smaller batteries so they can be a bit more competitive in relation to the larger ones, specially in light techs, since the venture battery has the lowest density of all batteries, perfect for light builds such as planes of fast cars; the Cluster Overcharger increases those techs survivability.
The block itself can also be considered a large VEN Battery of 12 units packed together, which helps making it sustain more damage, it also has the same low density (12 mass) and minor death explosion, making it rather safe to use. The AP distribution is average, covering the bottom and all bottom sides.

So, you can use it either as battery, placing more than one of the Cluster Overcharger, or place one of it and the rest being VEN Batteries (or GSO), which will get increased capacity. It doesn't provide the energy density of the BF Battery (1850), but with those batteries being light and safe, makes them a viable option.

I hope you all enjoy this block.

PS: Any criticisms here will be ignored and deleted, this is a DOWNLOADS thread. Discuss with me on Discord.

unknown (2).png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Bubbles Update - Light Screen, Light Guard and Light Barrier

Update October 6th - Enabled default startup particles on light guard and screen, all bubbles have slower inflation/deflation time.

Bubbles.png

A compact combination of repair bubble and shield generator.

Creates a guarding aura of healing properties and protection against projectiles.

The Light Barrier uses a formidable combination of bubble technologies to provide a safe haven for the tech, considering it has enough energy to sustain it.

I have decided to provide smaller alternatives to the Light Barrier, which work in similar ways, being a combination of healing and shielding. The Light Barrier itself also got rebalanced, being somewhat smaller now and draining a bit more energy from damage. It's also a bit less blinding bright.

The balance of the bubbles works that way:

-The small one has similar size to GSO, while the medium one has a size similar to HE bubbles, and the large one is about 8 blocks larger than that.
-All bubbles have increased passive drain, but still less than that of a couple of bubbles doing the same job.
-They drain a bit less energy per damage point than similar counterparts.
-They drain more energy per heal, but heal a bit faster than similar counterparts.

The higher individual passive drain and the shielding makes the heal stack a bit less desirable, also healing a bit faster to make up for that. The more efficient shielding and larger sizes makes it a more energy draining alternative to edge placed shields such as the Havoc, losing in heal coverage if placed that way but gaining in explosion protection.
There are quite a few ways of using these bubbles, and they work well with the mobile solar panels which can make up for the passive drain. From being combined bubbles, they have a considerable cost, and are much less AP friendly than other projectors.

Hope you all like it! Have fun.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Prismatic Lens Laser

Update August 28th -
Fixed a collider and selection issue.

GT_Prismatic_Lens_Laser_Icon.png

Do not fool yourself with the fragile appearance of this small weapon, the beam of light that comes from the prism does a good amount of damage. It uses many different crystals and their combined wavelengths to create a wide spectrum laser.
Using multiple lasers will allow for focused attacks, melting their way to the enemy cab.

That's much like a weaker and shorter FS/Cyber Disk Laser, 1x1x1, also GreenTech grade 1 (GSO grade 3). It has near perfect tracking though, with all lasers keeping perfect focus in one point regardless of techs movement, as long as it is in range. It can aim in almost any direction besides its own base.
That's an easy to use laser beam and brings the joy of scavenging enemy blocks with a perfect cut a bit earlier on campaign, although you will need to spam it a bit for more effectiveness. It's weak against shields though, so it is advised to have something like bullets that deal 2x damage to shields or the water cannon that can go through shields and trigger heal battery drain, for example.

There are additional beams inside the weapon, red blue and green, just a visual effect. For some reason they are more visible in fast graphics than fantastic graphics, idk why though.

Hope you all like it o/

https://gyazo.com/bdd7a4571b51423ee57bacc1e801ff11
https://gyazo.com/d3f15a3544e6b5df9cf7a415a646e24b

Prism1.pngPrism2.pngPrism3.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Electrocharge Mortar

Update August 10th - Slight cosmetic update on explosion, now creates a small shockwave on the floor.

GT_Electrocharge_Mortar_Icon.png

Launches power cells that will give multiple electrical discharges when in contact with any surface.
The technology for recycling batteries into biodegradable power cells became so common and cheap that suddenly it was a weapon. It uses its own separated solar power to charge each cell.

https://gyazo.com/0fe1ab9674aaef01a5f159f2b159173e

As the gif shows, it's a projectile that will explode at each little impact, multiple times, until it despawns or stops bouncing.
The weapon footprint is a bit big, filling three columns of blocks in a row, but the damage output can be very nice if the batteries land right on top of the enemy tech. They have some seeking too, enemy lock-on will help with that.
The only downside is that they despawn immediately on shields, greatly decreasing their effectivity, so they work better as support weapons that should rain the pain once shields are down. Being a mortar the placement is a bit flexible, can be placed at the back part of the tech.

The effects of spamming this weapon can be really fun, specially with the Firestorm Engine increasing fire rate.
Hope you all like it.

electorcharge.png1596753778576.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Helios

Also known as He Who Forgets Passwords
Apr 7, 2020
Erm, I don't think that's really possible for most modders, most likely one that could do that is @WhitePaw2002 and even then that's an incredibly low chance.
I know, it's just that he has basically created a whole new corporation.
I have to say though, the quality of this mod is pretty much on par or even surpasses the vanilla. On top of that, it is also unique enough, doesn't overlap or share visual characteristics with any vanilla corp. Like I said before, if Rafs sneaks it into the game people won't tell it's a mod :)

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Blaze Cannon

Update August 11th - Fixed a small model glitch.

GT_Blaze_Cannon_Icon.png

Fires a barrage of fireballs that can cause great damage to surfaces and stress shields.
Some forests rely on controlled wildfires for maintenance of their ecosystem, the gentle and precise blaze cannon is the latest answer for doing that safely.

https://gyazo.com/312172ba85a6a61c7c54627effaade9b
https://gyazo.com/8f7063c0df5a4ea09f913b9b2414181f

A 3x3 base turret that works like a minigun but fires mildly explosive fireballs, with a lot of the damage concentrated on the projectile impact instead. That means it should be able of shredding shields and opening the pathway for other weapons.

The fast fire rate and innacuracy should spread damage a bit, though that won't help with fast targets or too far away ones.
It's a bit of a mix of cannon and mortar, at higher distances it fires at 45° to get more projectile travel, and at mid-range it fires like a megaton. It can't fire on targets that are too low or right on top of it, there is some seeking but not too much.

Goes well with uneven width techs built using the Voyager Cab, and can be used from high hovers or heavy planes as a bombardment weapon.

1597110686937.png1597110701189.png1597110711752.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Leaf Blower

GT_Leaf_Blower_Icon.png

Creates a powerful gust, cleaning debris and even pushing techs around if used in larger quantities. Unfortunately, the winds get absorbed by shields.

https://gyazo.com/8bca4eff68c24bc79544b898c836cfd5
https://gyazo.com/b4bd68a5b3c7a69e93cfeddcfe0f87a5

A "shotgun module" based weapon, uses it mostly for the knockback manipulation; the area damage is a secondary feature and a bit low in this weapon. The functionality is pretty intuitive, it blows/pushes techs away.
Shields block the knockback and damage, so you need to take it down before rushing in and flipping the tech with the blowers.
The best use is against ground techs, as it is likely to expose their bottom, which is often unprotected and lacks any guns to fight back; a flipped tech is a dead tech. Usually three or more blowers work against most medium sized enemies.
Does not work so well against hover techs, it lacks range and will just briefly destabilize it.
Also, the lack of decent damage pays off in all the impact damage the pushed tech will suffer, even more if there are deadly trees in the path.

Hope you all have fun with this support weapon.

1597713324825.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
I can't transfer all blocks with the current support status; for the ones I can there is a lot of work to do so I can say soon but no promises on dates.

Reactions: Cloud and Skihiley

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Venture Blizzard Missile Battery

VEN_Blizzard_Missile_Battery_Icon.png

Known as a larger variant of the Avalanche, the Blizzard releases a storm of rockets like no other missile battery. The fixed angle shot and formidable seeking grants it flexible placement and usage in almost any tech, for a cost.

This block idea came from an issue I had with firing multiple Avalanche missiles and the massive lag it causes on my notebook. I thought something combining multiple avalanches in a single weapon, with reduced invididual missile smoke, would be a great addition, and so this block came to be.
It gimbals horizontally, slower than the avalanche, without vertical gimbal, firing at 35° angle always. The projectile is exactly the same, with minor cosmetic changes to reduce the lag, specially a cut in particles emission by 1/4. It has the same footprint of three avalanches, roughly equivalent combined DPS, slightly lower combined price, and slightly higher combined mass and health.
Enjoy it!

1598040661717.png

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GSO Tonker Track
GSO_Tonker_Track_Icon.png

A strange design that survived time, made to carry the largest cannons and equipment.
The engineering is pretty solid and balanced for big techs, being a good choice to those who think that size indeed does matter.

This track begun as a 1x1x1 track xD But the way the math in the game works for small wheels with high torque is incredibly flawed and unstable, I tweaked it for three days with many combinations of values for hours and hours, nothing worked. so I had to scrap it.

Then I decided to make a very large GSO track instead, as all it had was the awful Techa. Nothing powerful enough to carry their biggest weapons, the muddy dog wheels are cool and rugged but not so strong.
This track moves at maximum ~69mph, somewhat faster than the large HE track and much faster than the large GC one, although having less torque than both, thus a bit weaker. The spring/weight carrying capacity is similar to the HE track, however I optimized the suspension behavior to not act like jelly as most tracks do (it's a simple fix in max suspension acceleration, oddly and unnecessary low in all vanilla tracks).
It has as much mass as the HE track but way less health and less APs. Still, I found it much better to drive overall, the suspension height is very large so you can really spam it and still have all wheels touching the floor in highly uneven terrain, keeping the grip. It's slightly cheaper too. And it comes at GSO grade 5.

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did when playing with it :)

1598413661821.png1598413667592.png1598413672269.png

Attachments

Last edited:

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
Jul 4, 2018
Quick reminder for the newer viewers who haven't seen the initial post or haven't read the initial post.

We'll be leaving this thread for shared content only, for easier navigation (no-content comments will be removed, thanks for understanding).

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GreenTech Compact Battery

GT_Compact_Battery_Icon.png

A small yet heavy battery containing many layers of compacted supercapacitors, with equally dense energy storage.

Pretty much 1/4 of an Eco Battery in most stats, useful for small techs and filling gaps.

Attachments

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Hawkeye Riot Shield

Update May 1st - Fixed internal bug.

HE_Riot_Shield_Icon.png

Projects a large, slightly curved screen, designed to protect crucial parts of the tech while having reduced drain.
The distance from the projector ensures efficient explosion suppression.

This is the first of my series of directionally projected shields, non-spherical. This started as a suggestion more than a year ago, but since Payload didn't show any interest, I have been trying to make it possible ever since I started modding, with many failed tries.
It is now possible to have one that works very reliably.

The description is pretty much what it does, reduced drain overall plus a distant shield surface making stuff blow up there instead of close to the tech, while not having the full spherical coverage of a classic shield.
There is a minor visual glitch where shield hit effects happen at the center of shield screen, as well as explosions, but this shouldn't affect gameplay.

Hope you all enjoy it and find it balanced for its high strategic potential. Have fun!

Attachments

Last edited: