Rafs' Custom Blocks and Skins :)

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
GreenTech Terra Wheel

GT_Terra_Wheel_Icon.png

The gargantuan Terra Wheel is one of the largest wheel models ever built. A light but highly sophisticated wooden structure holds it together while strong built-in engines work to rotate the giant tire.
It was born from a collaboration between scientists and environmental organizations in efforts to provide a green alternative to the highly popular Behemoth Wheel, which creates miles and miles of new tire dumps every year.

I had lots of fun making that wheel, from the model to the final implementation :)
Not much to say here, just a big strong wheel with a ton of APs and a large gap for building inside. You can make a medium sized tank with just one of these. There is the SCU problem so you need to add it to an anchor and send to inventory.

terrawheeltech1.png terrawheeltech2.png terrawheeltech3.png

Attachments

Rafs

GreenTech Ecobalance Gyro

GT_Ecobalance_Gyro_Icon.png
The Ecobalance Gyro uses a supercharged Luxite Crystal to restore Tech balance when required, not only keeping it upright but also braking it in any direction.

This gyro is a special one; it is in the middle ground between HE and GC gyros in terms of strength, has plenty of APs, but most importantly, it provides braking just like Airbrakes, in any direction (and quite strong).
Specially useful for large flying techs like hovers, but also tall and unstable land vehicles.

https://gyazo.com/6b21cc7c0575bf23788a957a46a0e698
https://gyazo.com/b45d06713fcbefbda113a4a9c1d8bc1a

gyrotech1.png

Attachments

Rafs

GreenTech Box Collector

Update June 6th - Fixed crafting integration.

GT_Box_Collector_Icon.png

A boxed-in collector that holds chunks tightly in short beams. Has limited collection arc but very long radius.

A collector with directional gathering of chunks, plenty of APs around, and the APs on the back can be connected to interact with crafting systems. Can carry 16 chunks rather than 20 compared to the GSO Flatbed, but has much more range (40 blocks rather than 18).

BoxCollectorTech.png BoxCollectorTech2.png BoxCollectorTech3.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Tube Conveyor System

Update July 3rd - Visual fix at filter.
Tube Conveyors.png
A compact tube conveyor section that safely carries resources inside. Requires different parts to turn, to make joints or interact with other crafting blocks.

The system I always dreamed with, is finally here. Tubes!

They are not very complicated though, they act line normal conveyors but capable of carrying resources inside the tube in a very short beam, and connections between tubes are done via attachment points only visible when building. They also have sections with openings to interact with other crafting blocks, even normal conveyors.

The tubes enable compact and highly controlled crafting building, as you never get interactions you didn't want with surrounding blocks, like conveyors sometimes do.
The tubes do not display "direction" because the system conveyor belts use is very janky; however the fact you can control connections makes it very easy to deal with.
And there's the fast transport tubes to speed up resource movement even more over long distances as they jump farther between beam positions for the same tick.

I am still evaluating making blocks that connect directly with tubes such as a "tube refinery" and more, however for other blocks such as silos and receivers I might make it in the usual system for portability, with their own special perks.

Hope you all enjoy it! Any questions ask me on Discord.

tube1.png tube2.png tube3.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

GreenTech Basic Blocks Pack 2

Basic Blocks 2.png
Some new streamlined blocks to expand design possibilities on GT techs.

I also updated the Basic blocks Pack, and I realized a lot of people are missing updates of many blocks (and a couple blocks missing in the Drive), so instead of sharing the folder here, I will leave here again the download link to my drive.

Download everything and replace everything :)

DOWNLOAD

Rafs

GSO Rocket Launcher

GSO_Rocket_Launcher_Icon.png
Launches small rockets that fly straight for a while before exploding.
Do not aim where the enemy is, aim where it is going to be.

This is a grade 2 weapon, a "dumbfire" rocket launcher that lacks any homing.
The barrel can aim up/down somewhat and left/right very little.
The rocket travels at low/average speed and reaches average range, doing 2x the damage of a 3-pound, with 1-block larger blast radius.

All of that makes this weapon a little more challenging to use against moving enemies, but also rewarding. It induces action, where you will be trying to predict enemy movement so that the rocket lands, or getting closer and risk getting hit.

Gif: https://gyazo.com/7fb0b00f79d3da7510b38b57dfb0ba22

Have fun!

Attachments

Rafs

GSO Mini Bomb

GSO_Mini_Bomb_Icon.png
A device that releases a mini bomb, which sticks to techs and delivers a decent blow.

Gif:
https://gyazo.com/5390d2e52be0407e69c7c87f112411aa

The gif explains the functionality pretty well; the bombs can act like explosive sticky caltrops, they can be launched forward if you build enough speed, and they can be thrown from planes (they have homing if used that way, but only that way).

The Mini Bomb is a grade 1 weapon, and despite being more powerful than the 3-pound in terms of explosion, after many tests it was shown to be pretty "difficult" to use to hit other techs, so I gave it power in order to make it rewarding to use; that's the original idea anyway.
Doesn't go much far but lasts for 5 seconds on the floor, it's better as a defensive weapon than offensive, specially during chases.

It shines as a support weapon too, because it will probably blow up early game enemy tech's wheels and make them beach, enabling you of finishing them with other weapons while avoiding fire from the stationary enemy.

It's quite flexible and fun for a grade 1 weapon; and can be spammed until grade 3 with some efficiency on melee approachs; after that you might want to stick to long range weapons as enemies get tougher. Or use it in a rudimentary GSO bomber; the weapon block is rather light and easy to carry around, and the bomb will fall for 1 minute if it doesn't hit anything, while having homing in that state.

Hope you all enjoy it!

Attachments

Rafs

GreenTech Omniwheels Rework

Omniwheels.png

I'm giving these wheels a very important update, visually and to internal functions.

Most of those wheels remains the same, however it now uses "mecanum wheel" coding instead of the previous workarounds.
Each "tire" is now only one wheel (previously it was two wheels 90° of each other), which can turn 45° almost instantly and also strafe; therefore keeping the functionality almost intact with easy turning and omnidirectional movement regardless of placement. The tech turning is a just bit slower so I buffed all wheels with 10% increased maximum speed, and they got suspension buffs and tweaks.

The best change is the visual rework of the tires, shaped after a polyhedron called "chamfered truncated icosahedron", with grooves between the hexagons and pentagons.

Attachments