Rafs' Custom Blocks and Skins :)

Rafs

Collecting the Infinity Terminals
It works in 1.3.4 and you need Motion Blocks mod. Run TTMM and install/update Motion Blocks mod.

Last edited:

Rafs

Venture Floater Pod

Update November 24th - Fixed minor collider issue.
VEN_Floater_Pod_Icon.png

"When attached to a Tech, this tank pumps out all air inside to create vacuum, which decreases the block density and makes it float.
However, at higher altitudes it has decreased effect, due to the thin atmosphere."

A 1x1x1 variation of the BF Floater Tanks, weaker, but very light and inexpensive too, also helps with fine tuning a desired height for the tech. Great for small Techs.

As I said before, to use any floater tank you need TTMM's Motion Blocks mod, updated.

Enjoy ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Hawkeye Airship Floater

HE_Airship_Floater_Icon.png
This is the largest floater tank available, 8x4x4. Very powerful and highly armored, perfect for lifting the largest combat airships and heavy bases. Also very expensive.

I made a snapshot for anyone who wants to check some of this block potential:

Skiver.png

Also remember to update motion Blocks Mod, all floater related bugs should have been fixed (thanks Whitepaw!).

Attachments

Last edited:

Zonko

Hawkeye Airship Floater

View attachment 29850
This is the largest floater tank available, 8x4x4. Very powerful and highly armored, perfect for lifting the largest combat airships and heavy bases. Also very expensive.

I made a snapshot for anyone who wants to check some of this block potential:

View attachment 29854

Also remember to update motion Blocks Mod, all floater related bugs should have been fixed (thanks Whitepaw!).
Needs to explode really violently :)

Zonko

'kay, so i gotta say, these float tanks are amazing.
I can build a sky carrier with ease, and because the lift they give is proprtional to the hight, you can set a default height which is good.
also you can add one small tank to a plane at the front some place, and it makes taking off a breeze, as the plane tilts up, but only when you are low.

Problem is, it shows some of the shortcuts the TT team did in the game.
I can buils a cool floating base, but only when i am moslty through the game already.
And, you need a big base to hold all the stuff to build anything in a reasonable time.
And a floating base uses huge FPS and an achored one deosn't.
Also the fabricators and scrappers don't work in the air.

Sigh.

So, they work best for small airships.

Seth_Seth

Possibly trying to get himself to play TT
'kay, so i gotta say, these float tanks are amazing.
I can build a sky carrier with ease, and because the lift they give is proportional to the height, you can set a default height which is good.
also you can add one small tank to a plane at the front some place, and it makes taking off a breeze, as the plane tilts up, but only when you are low.

Problem is, it shows some of the shortcuts the TT team did in the game.
I can build a cool floating base, but only when i am mostly through the game already.
And, you need a big base to hold all the stuff to build anything in a reasonable time.
And a floating base uses huge FPS and an anchored one doesn't.
Also the fabricators and scrappers don't work in the air.

Sigh.

So, they work best for small airships.
I think the devs intended the Sky Anchor to be used for floating bases, but they still produce the amount of lag a normal unanchored tech produces.. also enemies can shoot off the bottom part of the anchor when it's active

Also the Sky Anchor has a hard limit on height

Rafs

The sky anchor can be stretched a lot, once deployed. Often the problem is getting low enough to deploy it.

The lag with floating crafting bases is related to storage, as chunks in silos are more free to wobble around; a lot of physics goes on.
Enclosed silos (or storage buffers) however are closer than before due to recent advancements in some new WhitePaw mods. These will hide chunks as data, releasing them as necessary; this will kill a ton of lag, saving on physics processing for individual chunks.

A Floater Power Controller with a on/off switch and 0 to 2x power slider is in the works, in order to make it easier to use.

I can add explosion on death for the Hawkeye floater, which has 20.000 health if I'm right, so it will be hard to take it down but once it is, it will go in a glorious explosion like the Hindenburg. Adds a little more challenge to an already powerful block.

Last edited:

Zonko

I think the devs intended the Sky Anchor to be used for floating bases, but they still produce the amount of lag a normal unanchored tech produces.. also enemies can shoot off the bottom part of the anchor when it's active

Also the Sky Anchor has a hard limit on height
Does it?
I got one stretched out to 700m

Rafs

GSO Flotation Tank

GSO_Flotation_Tank_Icon.png
"When attached to a Tech, this tank reacts Oleite to produce a very low density gas, which decreases the block density and makes it float.
However, at higher altitudes it has decreased effect, due to the thin atmosphere. Also, the gas is highly flamable."

This 2x2x2 tank comes very early at GSO grade 3 (alongside the GSO Turbine Propeller), and not as costly as floaters of similar size; it's just dangerous to use as it explodes much like a Big Poppa fuel tank. It should make flying early on not so difficult as it is now, but dangerous if the enemy can hit you (this block will fit much better in vanilla when Flying enemy AI comes, so that there is a real risk).

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Hey everyone!

Lately I have been working on a project to improve early game (and some early-quit negative reviews), notably GSO Grade 1 and 2, adding balanced content, very well designed, with a focus on more block options (like weapons harder to use but more rewarding).

This project is heavier on the suggestion aspect than the modding aspect; proper mod implementation will happen slower as the coding requires more work (specially for the weapons). I accept help on coding heheh

But there are some ideas easier to implement right now as mods, so I'm going to share one of them :)

GSO Chassis Blocks

GSO Chassis Blocks.png

"A weighted chassis for placement at the bottom of the tech, increasing stability and protecting against impacts. Comes with rubber bumpers."

These blocks are very thin, and designed for placement at the bottom of the tech without the risk of getting stuck on terrain. Since the bottom often goes unused, this block doesn't compete with any other block.
As the description says, they are weighted (the 2x1 block has mass 1), often enough to make a starter tech with weapons above much more stable, as it moves the center of mass to the base of the tech.

The material type of this block is Rubber, which halves impact damage. It also has decent health, so it will reliably protect the bottom of the tech from impacts with the terrain. And it can be used anywhere else as bumpers.

The smaller version comes in grade 1 already, the medium in grade 2, and the larger in grade 3. The larger version is great for granting you some extra APs, acting as an external structure for placing blocks on. Some examples:
1575124888159.png 1575124898746.png

This is a nice block with many possibilities, and I'm sure it will reward creative thinking very early on for all kinds of players.

Hope you all enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited: