Rafs' Custom Blocks and Skins :)

Rafs

Collecting the Infinity Terminals
GSO Foundation Block
GSO_Foundation_Icon.png
"A hefty alternative to anchors, the foundation block reaches deep into the ground, enabling base building on the most uneven terrain."

That's an anchor design I came up with, great for making all kinds of static bases in all kinds of terrains. And nothing will ever get stuck beneath (happens a lot in my scrapping bases).

I'll make a 8x2x2 foundation for GeoCorp, for the largest bases, and a 6x6x2 rotative one for Hawkeye, for the largest turrets.

1575752603179.png 1575751173946.png

Attachments

Rafs

Hawkeye Magnus Watchtower

watchtowers.png

"Magnus is an AI Module built over a towering anchor foundation, able of detecting enemies farther than conventional AI modules.
The rotative structure provides a solid base for large weapons and robust support systems, as well as heavy armouring."

Originally just a rotative anchor, I upgraded this block to become an AI module. And it does have increased AI combat range.
Also has a few bottom APs in case one wants to mount it over an AI tech in order to gain that additional range (although this is an anchored module so you need mobile AI to drive it around); although this block is quite heavy.

Attachments

Rafs

Holidays Skin Pack

This pack includes 5 skins themed on Christmas/New Year. GSO has the main colors of christmas, GC is has toyish, vibrant colors, VEN represents christmas and new year's eve sky, HE is themed on pinetrees with a nice new dark green camo, and BF has a classy outfit for new year's parties of the high society.

WARNING: you might have to backup and remove skins in your skins folder to use these new ones. GSO skins can't exceed 9 skins (because of kickstarter skins crowding the limit), while other corps have a limit of 15 skins per corp. Exceeding these limits won't let the game run.
Edit: in 1.3.6 this is no longer a issue.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

GeoCorp 'Bedrock' Foundation Block
gciconcut.png
"A special anchor block that reaches the bedrock with its long, robust foundation, hence its nickname."

Another block for my series of foundations, acts similarly to the GSO Foundation Block, providing a seamless wall that clips deep into the floor. The anchor has a length of 18 blocks, with default anchoring point at -5.
It also has emissive floor lights that turn on at night (no light casting, just a shiny surface).

1576443344294.png 1576443353924.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

GSO Blowtorch

GSO_Blowtorch_Icon.png
"Small blowtorch of pressurized Oleite, produces a high temperature flame."

Size: 1x1x1
Grade: 2
Price: 1452
HP: 200
Mass: 1
Recipe:
- Plumbia Ingot (2)
- Olastic Brick (1)
- Fuel Injector (1)
DPS: 300
Range: 2-3 blocks

More in-dept explanation can be found here. Blow up on block death was removed, however, so you're safer for going melee with it in the early game.

Appearance:

1576603009105.png

This GSO Grade 2 Tech Snapshot:
Firecracker.png

Have fun :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Better Future Sky Platforms

Update December 29th - Small model fix.

BF Sky Platforms.png "The Sky Platform can act like an excellent flooring for a wheeled Tech to move or park on, but unlike other platforms, it also repels hovers, therefore it can be used in hangars and carriers for any type of mobile Tech. It can also be used in expensive roads and race tracks."

The set is now complete, with corner pieces and a mini ramp, and category has been changed from Flight to Standard.

Remember to remove old files ;)

Hope you all enjoy!

1576762645264.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

GeoCorp Straight Rail
GC_Rail_Straight_Icon.png
"A 64-blocks length rail which repels hovers, while also having gaps for wheels; perfect for all kinds of trains. It uses an energy pillar to sustain the track piece, enabling a train to fully encase the rail. The base is capable of anchoring, and the edges of the rails attract each other."

This is the first block of a set of rails, all very long to speed up placement. As the description says, a pillar of energy holds the track on air, and eventual trains encasing the track won't collide with it. It can also be anchored directly on the ground and controlled as an autonomous cab.

The edges have invisible hovers with negative force, that means they attract things they can interact with; such as other track edges. This happens even during build beam, to make it even easier to place.

Sloped versions will come next.

Attachments

Rafs

Venture Suction Pad

VEN_Suction_Pad_Icon.png
"The Suction Pad uses inverted hovering polarity to attract itself to surfaces instead of repelling them; great for keeping a fast Tech grounded at all times!"

I managed to make this different kind of hover by setting maxforce to negative, and rotationangle to negative so that it helps movement instead of acting contrary to it. It's a powerful alternative to spoilers, and can act similarly to Geomagnetic Hovers when paired with normal hovers.

Particle effect:
https://gyazo.com/b3044d007272ce2b6b09244820eb305f
Driving:
https://gyazo.com/8a911ca2caccdd526fce78c3f9c4c6e3
https://gyazo.com/334d4d89855ea04cd9858f4f8687b942

Have fun :)

Attachments

Rafs

From now on, all mod related discussion on this thread will now be moved to Discord.

Go to Discord.gg/TerraTechGame and enter #mod-discussion channel.

All posts not containing shared content in this thread will be removed (everyone will have an easier time scrolling for content); thanks for understanding and as always, anything, just message me and other modders there.

Last edited:

Rafs

GreenTech Corporation Project - Basic Blocks Pack

Hey!

I decided to start working on an enormous project, the addition of GreenTech Corporation to the game!

This project will have many many steps, many blocks, for as long as it's worth doing it. I'm doing it to give life to a suggestion I made some months ago that I'm quite sure would never get into the game - we already have 3 corps to be added and at this pace it will take years for the devs to finish implementing all three.
Also, I thought I could use this to increase my 3D Modeler artist portfolio (I want to become a professional); with an entirely new corp concept developed by me, with my textures and my design. My experience with json will help me making these nice models into functional blocks for everyone to play, with a focus on new mechanics and unique functions as always.
Hope you all enjoy this green journey and thanks for all the support!

For anyone curious on the initial concept, check this post:
Greentech Corporation - The Rangers of Off-World Mining

I won't be able to implement all ideas contained there as some might be unfeasible or already ported to other corps in my previous blocks. But I had new ideas to compensate, and might have even more as the project goes on.

Let's take a look at the first pack:

A couple descriptions of the two main lines of blocks, Recycled and Leaf:

"The standard GreenTech block, made of processed construction rubble in a mix of concrete and steel. The resulting ceramo-metal composite is a dense and hardy material, also flame resistant, but brittle against large impacts. These blocks also form strong bonds between each other.
GreenTech 'Rangers' have high survivability and fear little in face of danger."

"The Leaf Block is an armored version of the Recycled Block, trading some APs and fire immunity for a special protective structure that halves most sources of damage, including impacts."

These two blocks are very special compared to other blocks in the game, the Recycled blocks are stone type when it comes to damage multipliers, while Leaf blocks are armour type, a typing only present in armour plates, not in solid blocks such as these.

These blocks also weigh between GSO and Hawkeye, with same health density as BF. Therefore, they are slightly heavy blocks with good defense, more in the received damage resistances than the health, which makes them more efficient when it comes to repair.
In other words, when a source of damage is halved, healing that amount of damage happens faster than healing normal damage on a block 2x healthier. In a green oriented corp, energy usage efficiency matters a lot.

The Leaf blocks however lack many APs, so placing them around may be a big more challing than similar streamlined BF blocks. Oh, and all GT blocks never randomly fall off from damage taken, that means these less APs are not as punishing.

Block prices are not as high as HE or BF; and the recipes require a higher variety of resources than the usual for other corps but overall less complex components, which can be faster to craft but also demands a diverse resource storage.

Below I'll include the blocks files, the textures (VERY IMPORTANT!), and a damage multiplier chart for those who don't know it.

1579481678678.png

Attachments

Rafs

GreenTech Mobile Solar Panel & Husk Wheel

Update January 27th - Tweaked husk wheel collider.

Solar Panel & Wheel.png

"A rather weak solar panel that doesn't need to be anchored in order to generate energy. It still needs the sun; our scientists weren't able to overcome this detail yet."

"This wheeled structure comes with plenty of APs and a hollow interior for carrying blocks within."

These are the first two functional blocks I'm releasing for GreenTech.
The mobile solar panel outputs only 8 energy/s, very low, just enough to sustain a couple bubbles, with very low battery recharge rate. The solar panel is 3 blocks tall and has only one AP at base, making spam difficult. And the low output has little impact in ongoing battles.
It should be used mostly to reduce the burden of having to stop to recharge, although one might want an anchored solar panel to recharge after a tough battle, or other generators.
The panel has an emissive surface (a light) at the bottom that should turn on at night to tell the panel is not generating, but still doesn't works, I'll update when this bug with custom textures gets sorted out.

The wheel is very fun to use as you can stack them sideways and you have a couple blocks space inside each wheel, making monowheel techs viable. The gap used to be bigger but having blocks inside the wheel and under the center of the wheel causes it to bug and stop rotating, so I raised the gap. This wheel can be used upside down but then you can't place any block inside the gap, it inccurs in the issue I mentioned.
The suspension is rather low but most stats of the wheel are good for its size, have a heavy tech that doesn't jump much. Also, the suspension bug also hits this wheel, where if you have less than 3 wheels the suspension has no strength, so more than 3 wheels is advised; but you can still make a monowheel tech, it's not bad either.
There's a problem with the SCU not picking the wheel so you have to put it on a tech (anchor, for example) and send that to inventory, sorry for the inconvenient.

Have fun! Anything ping me on discord :)

GT Husk Wheel Techs.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

GreenTech Nimbus Radar

GT_Nimbus_Radar_Icon.png
"Nicknamed 'The Eye', this repurposed weather doppler radar can sense enemy and friendly techs up to 2km away, also measuring your altitude and speed. Use it with responsability though, no one likes being watched."

This radar has a really long distance and helps a lot on campaign when you have a lot of mining operations in diffirent biomes; it'll be easy to distinguish and detect them. The altimeter and speedometer come as bonuses for having a block this big (2x2x2). Oh, and the sphere rotates :)

1579791830680.png

Attachments

Rafs

GreenTech Twin Peas Omniwheel

GT_Twin_Peas_Omniwheel_Icon.png
"A couple omniwheels in a pod, which can make your tech turn fast and also strafe."

A fun little omniwheel to cover the bottom of a small/medium sized tech. It has good stats for its size, the only downside being climbing very steep hills is hard. I'll make larger variations of this wheel later which should do even better off-road.

TwinPeaWheels.png

Attachments