Rafs' Custom Blocks and Skins :)

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
Welcome to my workshop of mods!

This is my thread for sharing custom blocks and skins I made! Everything in the same place ;)
The blocks require the Block Injector Mod, available in the TerraTech Mod Manager, and the skins can be downloaded at the workshop.

Any comments come talk to me and other modders on Discord!

Discord.gg/TerraTechGame

We'll be leaving this thread for shared content only, for easier navigation (no-content comments will be removed, thanks for understanding).

Custom Skins - Steam Workshop Links

(more on the next thread due to some limits)

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Custom Blocks

DOWNLOAD

GSO

=> Component Crates
Found at my workshop, for easily storing Components.

=> Girders
A pack of thin girders for GSO. These blocks should add more options for light builds, optimized tech sections, base structures, and many other applications, as well as decoration (I really like how their looks turned out).

=> Curved Blocks
UPDATED October 25th
This set has a similar concept of my Hawkeye Double Sloped Blocks, not as armored as a half block would be, not as light, but has neat side APs. It's a solid choice for covering any GSO tech, and the aesthetic provided is quite nice and a little retro.

GeoCorp

=> Colossal Shock Plating (my version & Saiko's version)
This armour plating is perfect for avoiding Large Shock Plate repetition in the largest techs (these look terrible when repeated, even more in orange). It trades the versatility of the Large Shock Plate for size, health, and less attach points, mirroring the APs distribution on the side of an Octo Block.
Originally a suggestion.

=> More Half Blocks
This set introduces a welcome variety to Half Blocks. Comes with larger versions, Inner Corners for the current versions, and smaller blocks due to popular demand.

=> More Girders
Big ones, as all Geocorp blocks should be. This set introduces some larger girder variations, with a sloped version for even more versatility and creativity in construction. It should help when creating large bases or the internal structure of a very large tech.

Venture

=
> Boards
These blocks comes in main and alt colors (top/bottom of a Venture block). They are weaker than GSO armour plates, but also very light, and can be used for mild protection or as decoration (that's the stronger aspect of it).

=> Chassis & Extra Long Block

The Venture Chassis blocks are slightly more expensive/cell than BF chassis blocks and a lot more than VEN blocks, as they hold a very specialized role, and thus their attractiveness in many designs will be high (such as planes or tech interiors). They have the lowest health/cell, thus forcing careful thinking for placement, being a little more fragile than the already fragile VEN block. The lowest density makes it the absolute king of light builds.
The Venture Extra Long Block is a little plus on the set, I think the game was missing this block for "extra long" time xD I mean, they have Z blocks already, Venture could have even 4 blocks long blocks if you stretched the Z.

=> More Streamlined Blocks
Another pack that expands an existing set, the Venture Streamlined blocks (Dino blocks and Beak).
The wide dino variants introduce "even" symmetry to Venture techs and I think this is going to be a nice "challenge" for building since Venture is majorly "uneven", increasing the variety of designs. I also think this corp severely lacks building blocks, so this is a welcome addition.

GSO Construction Blocks.png

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Hawkeye

=> Blast Walls & Pillars UPDATED July 2nd
This set of Blast Walls and Pillars is a derivation of my Composite Plates set, a concept I liked a lot working with so I made it into "construction blocks", keeping the tanky, hefty aspect (also, all these blocks are rock damagetype as well).
Being rockdamagetype, these walls and pillars will do greatly against bullets and lasers, also being fireproof. Their weakness is impact (hammers, ramming techs, drills) and plasma, while being neutral to explosions.
These blocks are pretty much what they look like, and the intended uses are very intuitive: it's a block for building well-defended bases and turrets, not so much for mobile techs (perhaps on key parts like the core of a tech, or a vulnerable side, anywhere else the added weight/inertia might not be worth it). It opens up a lot of aesthetic possibilities too.

=> Composite Armour Plates
This special type of armour plate has them made of "rock" (in terms of how they absorb damage from different sources).
Annexed is the chart that shows the strengths and weaknesses of each "damageabletype".
The rock type is used exclusively in rocks around the overworld, but I saw a lot of potential on a block with these properties.
It can absorb lasers and bullets much better than armour, being weak to major impacts like melee weapons, hammers or collisions from missiles and cannon shells.
It's neutral to explosions, unlike Armour type, that halves the damage.
It's also immune to fire but this doesn't matter much with the current game weapons (only one "pure fire" flamethrower).
As for the stats, I made this set much heavier than HE Armour Plates, increasing mass/cell by 120% and HP/cell by 25% (from 0.45 to 1, from 1000 to 1250). And a price increase.
Also, it will never fall off the tech during combat. Unyilding.

=> Double Sloped Blocks UPDATED October 25th
A simple set of blocks that came from the lack of small sloped blocks in Hawkeye with side APs (there used to be in newer half blocks, but devs considered it a bug and purged it). These blocks enable more builder freedom and creativity and thus are welcome into the game, even if just for a cosmetic use (although I took the care to make them balanced in quantity of APs/HP/price, as always, for a Vanilla-like experience).

Better Future

=> Vector Engine
This flight block has two virtual things inside of it, a GSO Terraphobe Hover Plate (you can see its hover halo effect) and a Collider that simulates the hoverbug "wheel", or for those who don't know the hoverbug, it's basically the "terrain" the hover would be constantly repelling. This creates constant motion in one direction, among other nice effects. Place two of these facing each other and you get more stability and better braking when you stop moving. The list of nice effects is long, so you gotta try it yourself!

=> Blank Panels
The blank panels provide a lot of design flexibility when building with Better Future, both aesthetically and strategycally.
It lets you build just like the concept art for Better Future, avoiding the "bubbly" design altogether, without losing on the minimalism or futurism. And on the strategic side of it, it's a slightly more expensive option to the GSO Plates, while having slightly more health and slightly less mass (much like the relationship between GSO and BF blocks).

=> Hover Deflectors
These blocks are the optimal (and expensive) replacement for wheels in common "Hoverbug" setups, being quite light, having decent health, and plenty of APs ("below" APs don't appear in the photo but they are there). They work in any direction, the blue panel is just decorative.

------------------------------

That's all, and more blocks will come.

Anything, I suggest pinging me on the TerraTech discord server, it's easier to communicate than a back and forth in this thread, which I intend to keep for uploads mostly. Server: discord.gg/terratechgame

Thanks for coming by, have fun!

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Angled Hovers

Update November 3rd - small typos in names.

In this series of blocks, under development, I'll be releasing sloped versions of existing hovers, which will give our Tech creators many new possibilities in hover techs, contraptions, hoverbug setups, and much more. ;)

--------------------------------------------------

Angled Hovers.png
GSO Angled Terraphobe Hover Pad - 45°
GSO Corner Terraphobe hover Pad - Faces the corner of a cube.
GSO Large Angled hover Pad - 45°

GC Angled hover Pad - 45°

VEN Angled ZG Hover Pad - 15°
VEN Sideways Angled ZG hover Pad - 30°

In general, these blocks provide good cover against crashes on hills and trees. The Terraphove variations are more oriented towards hoverbug contraptions, given their small range. These blocks also provide a speed boost if facing the rear or the tech, and if placed on the other sides, can improve driving and mobility. However, using a lot of those may make the tech unstable and thus requiring gyros for stabilization; also using normal hovers help stabilizing, as for some of these you may lose a lot of height when moving.

I'm providing a snapshot of a tech that puts the VEN hovers to good use, in order to become the perfect land exploraton tech: it never crashes on hills and trees, and you can use it to climb monuments and ruins. Also moves at around 170mph. Very fun to drive around!

This is the "Scout":

Scout.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GeoCorp Bridge Girder Blocks

GC_Bridge_Girders.png

This block came from the idea of making a Truck Chassis Block for GeoCorp, a block to go below the tech providing a good base structure, not too heavy, with plenty of APs for mounting blocks above it.
It has stats between a girder and a full block in terms of weight and health, though not as cheap as girders. Ended up with a more suitable name, Bridge Girder, since it's quite flexible and can be used in many other areas, not just as a chassis block. Also, don't mind these repeating patterns on the side of the larger block, it's just the shadows of the APs.

Hope you all enjoy it ;)

1572222887042.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Hawkeye Chassis Blocks

HE Chassis.png

These are variations on the four and six blocks from Hawkeye, with a good reduction in weight, a slight reduction in health and slight increase in price. Recommended for regions of the tech where you don't need heavy armouring, yet you want it to be able of tanking some hits.

1572441055885.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Better Future Ion Saber

Update June 30th - Fixed center of mass.

BF_Ion_Saber_Icon.png
Acts much like the vibro blade, however much longer, therefore able of piercing deep in the tech and delivering a lot of damage.
It is a pricy high tech drill which won't decrease your ground clearance (no ground collision) and dissolves rocks before your tech collides with them.
It is made to be spammed for a devastating frontal ram.

1593396434495.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Better Future Omni Sphere

[Quick update: small json fix]

BF_Omni_Sphere_Icon.png
Size: 3x3x3
Category: Flight
Grade: 3
Price: 57774
HP: 3000
Mass: 12
Recipe:
-Celestian Crystal (6)
-Rugged Fibblar (6)
-Zero Point Splitter (4)
-Thermo Jet (4)
-Proxyma Dark (1)

"The Omni Sphere applies impossible quantum theory paradoxes and hyperspace gravity bending to poke a small hole in dimensional continuity, where it can hold itself and move the tech, traveling along the invisible ropes of reality."

This block is composed of 6 hovers, each hover aligned with an axis, x , y and z, in pairs that face the center. In the center, a collider repels these hovers, like a hoverbug. This block is an omnidirectional hoverbug, all contained inside of it.
It's a powerful endgame flight block, quite costly, but fun to play with. Techs with it gain very slow fall, and easy three dimensional control on air, like roll, strafe, pitch, fly up or down, fly upside down or tilted sideways, anything, it really grants omnidirectional movement.

It was made for Better Future, however I think it would fit Reticule Research as their only means of flight, like the omnidirectional wheel which I proposed as their signature wheel.

Hope you all have fun with it!

And thanks a lot for WhitePaw who came with the json code, and Legionite who fixed it today so that it could really work, you two are awesome!

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Better Future Momentum Engine

BF_Momentum_Engine_Icon.png

This block has four hoverpads in alternating directions, facing repelling surfaces, so that it spins. It's intended for compact builds that need automatic rotation like harvesters, anchored dynamo generators or any other contraption. If placed in alternating pattern, the momentum may be cancelled, so that it can be used almost like hoverbug (however I removed hover turning so it's a little bit trickier to control, so that it doesn't replace the Omni Sphere).

Have fun creating ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GeoCorp Geomagnetic Hover Platform

Update May 4th - Fixed collider issue.

GC_Geomagnetic_Hover_Icon.png
"This powerful flying platform uses unique geomagnetic technology paired with hovering in order to repel surfaces but also attract them, clinging to hills and most structures without touching them.
Movement may feel a little rough on a terrain full of obstacles, and an upside down platform will catch itself in the world's electromagnetic field, making it fly uncontrollably; deploy the Build Beam if that happens."

This idea comes from a suggestion I made in another thread, for a hover that repels and attracts surfaces, eliminating the need for gyros as the tech would self-stabilize in relation to the floor or wall, or even upside down under a roof. This concept was inspired by Mario Kart "antigravity" and how the karts seem to cling to the track while floating over it. I plan to make more hovers like these, probably a smaller version for venture, and maybe the eletrostatic wheel.

But how is that even possible?

The magic here is an upside down self-induced hoverbug! Very very powerful one, compressing the hover against the surface it is facing at all times.
There are also invisible angled hovers to make plane transition smooth (approaching a wall and immediately climbing it).

Demonstration:
https://gyazo.com/97afcd240f966dab5942e21943bcae0b
https://gyazo.com/846bde471c248636bc07b34d0958d0f7
https://gyazo.com/cbbfb6cc2d2bfdf7851263954025dc9f

Development for this block was lengthy, it's not perfect either, and don't place it sideways or upside down, as the hoverbug will push in that direction and if there's nothing holding it, it will keep going (having another one in the opposite direction however is likely to cancel it).
Any other questions ask me on discord.

Now go climb those landmarks!
Have fun ;D

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Venture SG Hover Pad

Update January 27th - Added emission on surfaces.
VEN_SG_Hover_Pad_Icon.png

"The Supergravity Hover Pad was created for driving in extreme terrain and low gravity environments, where it uses gravitational waves to attract itself to almost any surface. The gravitational pull may get a little unstable if the Tech is flipped or has no surface to cling to, Build Beam is advised for correction."

This is basically a smaller version of the geomagnetic hover, which delivers an experience closer to the "antigravity" seen in Mario Kart 8. It has the contrary hoverbug pulling it downwards and powerful hovers facing bottom and 45° each side, for smooth change of planes and landmark climbing.
Ah yes, and the bottom spins! My first animated block x)

Demonstration:
https://gyazo.com/c643158457133958d6cde6a5fbe3317c

I see more and more that these blocks can't really realize their full potential, because of how bland the overworld is in TT. And the new structures lack hover repulsion (spider ruins and bridge pillars). I hope this changes soon, and if someday we get a universe dimension (no gravity), then these blocks will really shine. Imagine a zero gravity race track in space! This would really take racing missions to the next level.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GSO Death Ray

Update July 1st - Added more beams for AoE effect (no longer single point damage), which also introduced an animation to the laser.

GSO_Death_Ray_Icon.png

"The Death Ray fires a giant beam of energy, capable of instantly turning small Techs into ashes, and poking holes on larger ones.
This weapon was developed decades ago by the founders of Reticule Research while they still worked at GSO Laboratories, in the organization's golden era of technological advancement and innovations."

This is the energy counterpart of the Big Bertha, a heavy, clunky powerhouse of pure energy.
Also has a very long range:

DeathRayRange.png

Gif:
https://gyazo.com/440f4d4aced0f08014ce80f4abb35ca0
Huge thanks to WhitePaw, who made this fantastic laser beam effect, unlike anything in the game.

And here's a snapshot for anyone willing to jump in quickly to test it:

Merchant Of Death.png

Have fun!

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
BF Floater Tanks

Requires updated motion blocks mod (install at TTMM launcher).

BF Floater Tanks.png
"When attached to a Tech, this tank heats Celestian Crystals contained within, sublimating these into Celestian Gas, which has high atmospheric buyoancy due to antigravity properties.
However, at higher altitudes it has decreased effect, due to the thin atmosphere."

This block comes from several suggestions of mine for floater tanks that introduce some of atmospheric buyoancy (even if just simulated), like balloons would but high-tech. Also, I always wanted a way to tell my flying tech to stop at a certain height, without the energy draining from antigravity.

So, what this block does?

• A single floater block has an upward push.
  • The push has max strength at -300ft (minimum TT height), but decreases gradually as height rises.
  • It has a maximum height where that force reaches 0.

This explains how it works, now how to use it:

• Want your tech to float in the sky? Add floaters until it starts rising.
  • You can adjust the desired height by adding more floaters, or taking. Or adding weight.
  • It has diminishing returns the higher you go, however, so a very high floating tech will need proportionally more floater blocks in relation to its own weight.
That's all. This enables your tech to passively float at a choosen height, no energy cost. You can build floating bases, airships, use it to aid in helicopter flight, make planes that never land, and so on.

Later I'll add more corps variations of these tanks.
Do note that this set includes the medium and large tank; the small tank comes in the motion blocks mod, which you need for these blocks to work.

Also, as of now build beam doesn't turn these blocks "off", but a fix is coming soon.

Some concept tech snapshots for testing these blocks:

Avalanche Bomber.pngThunderWing Helios.png

HUGE THANKS again for WhitePaw, who made all the coding magic for this to work!

Have fun!

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Venture Floater Pod

Update November 24th - Fixed minor collider issue.
VEN_Floater_Pod_Icon.png

"When attached to a Tech, this tank pumps out all air inside to create vacuum, which decreases the block density and makes it float.
However, at higher altitudes it has decreased effect, due to the thin atmosphere."

A 1x1x1 variation of the BF Floater Tanks, weaker, but very light and inexpensive too, also helps with fine tuning a desired height for the tech. Great for small Techs.

As I said before, to use any floater tank you need TTMM's Motion Blocks mod, updated.

Enjoy ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Hawkeye Airship Floater

HE_Airship_Floater_Icon.png
This is the largest floater tank available, 8x4x4. Very powerful and highly armored, perfect for lifting the largest combat airships and heavy bases. Also very expensive.

I made a snapshot for anyone who wants to check some of this block potential:

Skiver.png

Also remember to update motion Blocks Mod, all floater related bugs should have been fixed (thanks Whitepaw!).

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
GSO Flotation Tank

GSO_Flotation_Tank_Icon.png
"When attached to a Tech, this tank reacts Oleite to produce a very low density gas, which decreases the block density and makes it float.
However, at higher altitudes it has decreased effect, due to the thin atmosphere. Also, the gas is highly flamable."

This 2x2x2 tank comes very early at GSO grade 3 (alongside the GSO Turbine Propeller), and not as costly as floaters of similar size; it's just dangerous to use as it explodes much like a Big Poppa fuel tank. It should make flying early on not so difficult as it is now, but dangerous if the enemy can hit you (this block will fit much better in vanilla when Flying enemy AI comes, so that there is a real risk).

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Hey everyone!

Lately I have been working on a project to improve early game (and some early-quit negative reviews), notably GSO Grade 1 and 2, adding balanced content, very well designed, with a focus on more block options (like weapons harder to use but more rewarding).

This project is heavier on the suggestion aspect than the modding aspect; proper mod implementation will happen slower as the coding requires more work (specially for the weapons). I accept help on coding heheh

But there are some ideas easier to implement right now as mods, so I'm going to share one of them :)

GSO Chassis Blocks

GSO Chassis Blocks.png

"A weighted chassis for placement at the bottom of the tech, increasing stability and protecting against impacts. Comes with rubber bumpers."

These blocks are very thin, and designed for placement at the bottom of the tech without the risk of getting stuck on terrain. Since the bottom often goes unused, this block doesn't compete with any other block.
As the description says, they are weighted (the 2x1 block has mass 1), often enough to make a starter tech with weapons above much more stable, as it moves the center of mass to the base of the tech.

The material type of this block is Rubber, which halves impact damage. It also has decent health, so it will reliably protect the bottom of the tech from impacts with the terrain. And it can be used anywhere else as bumpers.

The smaller version comes in grade 1 already, the medium in grade 2, and the larger in grade 3. The larger version is great for granting you some extra APs, acting as an external structure for placing blocks on. Some examples:
1575124888159.png1575124898746.png

This is a nice block with many possibilities, and I'm sure it will reward creative thinking very early on for all kinds of players.

Hope you all enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Venture Ballast Pod

VEN_Ballast_Pod_Icon.png

"When attached to a Tech, this tank activates negatively polarized Celestian Crystals to increase its own gravitational pull the farther up the Tech goes, acting like a dynamic ballast."

This block works inversely to the Floater, the higher you go, the stronger it pulls you down.
At lower heights it's enough to keep a small tech grounded, so much that it pairs well with any Venture tech in need of a strong downforce to keep the wheels landed in uneven terrain, mantaining the fast speed and stability (pairs really well with F1 wheels).
It has a low mass so it won't slow down the Tech.

The ballast can also be used to change the pitch/roll of a flying Tech when paired with floaters, placed strategically at different parts of the Tech. Or just to correct a tilted Tech.

Attachments