Rafs' Custom Blocks and Skins :)

Rafs

Collecting the Infinity Terminals
Welcome to my workshop of mods!

This is my thread for sharing custom blocks and skins I made! Everything in the same place ;)
The blocks require the Block Injector Mod, available in the TerraTech Mod Manager, and the skins require the Custom Textures mod, also available in the mod manager.

Constructive criticism is welcome! And please stay on topic! I highly suggest checking the #modding channel on discord as I share a lot of stuff there, and also the Trello I created for the modding community.

Custom Skins

DOWNLOAD

(more on the next thread due to some limits)

Last edited:

Rafs

Custom Blocks

DOWNLOAD

GSO

=> Component Frames
Inspired by my own suggestion a few months ago, I decided to make these Component Frames for easy component storage.
As the blocks themselves imply, they each can store 3 components of a single type.

=> Girders
A pack of thin girders for GSO. These blocks should add more options for light builds, optimized tech sections, base structures, and many other applications, as well as decoration (I really like how their looks turned out).

=> Curved Blocks UPDATED October 25th
This set has a similar concept of my Hawkeye Double Sloped Blocks, not as armored as a half block would be, not as light, but has neat side APs. It's a solid choice for covering any GSO tech, and the aesthetic provided is quite nice and a little retro.

GeoCorp

=> Colossal Shock Plating (my version & Saiko's version)
This armour plating is perfect for avoiding Large Shock Plate repetition in the largest techs (these look terrible when repeated, even more in orange). It trades the versatility of the Large Shock Plate for size, health, and less attach points, mirroring the APs distribution on the side of an Octo Block.
Originally a suggestion.

=> More Half Blocks
This set introduces a welcome variety to Half Blocks. Comes with larger versions, Inner Corners for the current versions, and smaller blocks due to popular demand.

=> More Girders
Big ones, as all Geocorp blocks should be. This set introduces some larger girder variations, with a sloped version for even more versatility and creativity in construction. It should help when creating large bases or the internal structure of a very large tech.

Venture

=> Boards
These blocks comes in main and alt colors (top/bottom of a Venture block). They are weaker than GSO armour plates, but also very light, and can be used for mild protection or as decoration (that's the stronger aspect of it).

=> Chassis & Extra Long Block
The Venture Chassis blocks are slightly more expensive/cell than BF chassis blocks and a lot more than VEN blocks, as they hold a very specialized role, and thus their attractiveness in many designs will be high (such as planes or tech interiors). They have the lowest health/cell, thus forcing careful thinking for placement, being a little more fragile than the already fragile VEN block. The lowest density makes it the absolute king of light builds.
The Venture Extra Long Block is a little plus on the set, I think the game was missing this block for "extra long" time xD I mean, they have Z blocks already, Venture could have even 4 blocks long blocks if you stretched the Z.

=> More Streamlined Blocks
Another pack that expands an existing set, the Venture Streamlined blocks (Dino blocks and Beak).
The wide dino variants introduce "even" symmetry to Venture techs and I think this is going to be a nice "challenge" for building since Venture is majorly "uneven", increasing the variety of designs. I also think this corp severely lacks building blocks, so this is a welcome addition.

Last edited:

Rafs

Hawkeye

=> Blast Walls & Pillars
This set of Blast Walls and Pillars is a derivation of my Composite Plates set, a concept I liked a lot working with so I made it into "construction blocks", keeping the tanky, hefty aspect (also, all these blocks are rock damagetype as well).
Being rockdamagetype, these walls and pillars will do greatly against bullets and lasers, also being fireproof. Their weakness is impact (hammers, ramming techs, drills) and plasma, while being neutral to explosions.
These blocks are pretty much what they look like, and the intended uses are very intuitive: it's a block for building well-defended bases and turrets, not so much for mobile techs (perhaps on key parts like the core of a tech, or a vulnerable side, anywhere else the added weight/inertia might not be worth it). It opens up a lot of aesthetic possibilities too.

=> Composite Armour Plates
This special type of armour plate has them made of "rock" (in terms of how they absorb damage from different sources).
Annexed is the chart that shows the strengths and weaknesses of each "damageabletype".
The rock type is used exclusively in rocks around the overworld, but I saw a lot of potential on a block with these properties.
It can absorb lasers and bullets much better than armour, being weak to major impacts like melee weapons, hammers or collisions from missiles and cannon shells.
It's neutral to explosions, unlike Armour type, that halves the damage.
It's also immune to fire but this doesn't matter much with the current game weapons (only one "pure fire" flamethrower).
As for the stats, I made this set much heavier than HE Armour Plates, increasing mass/cell by 120% and HP/cell by 25% (from 0.45 to 1, from 1000 to 1250). And a price increase.
Also, it will never fall off the tech during combat. Unyilding.

=> Double Sloped Blocks UPDATED October 25th
A simple set of blocks that came from the lack of small sloped blocks in Hawkeye with side APs (there used to be in newer half blocks, but devs considered it a bug and purged it). These blocks enable more builder freedom and creativity and thus are welcome into the game, even if just for a cosmetic use (although I took the care to make them balanced in quantity of APs/HP/price, as always, for a Vanilla-like experience).

Better Future

=> Vector Engine
This flight block has two virtual things inside of it, a GSO Terraphobe Hover Plate (you can see its hover halo effect) and a Collider that simulates the hoverbug "wheel", or for those who don't know the hoverbug, it's basically the "terrain" the hover would be constantly repelling. This creates constant motion in one direction, among other nice effects. Place two of these facing each other and you get more stability and better braking when you stop moving. The list of nice effects is long, so you gotta try it yourself!

=> Blank Panels
The blank panels provide a lot of design flexibility when building with Better Future, both aesthetically and strategycally.
It lets you build just like the concept art for Better Future, avoiding the "bubbly" design altogether, without losing on the minimalism or futurism. And on the strategic side of it, it's a slightly more expensive option to the GSO Plates, while having slightly more health and slightly less mass (much like the relationship between GSO and BF blocks).

=> Hover Deflectors
These blocks are the optimal (and expensive) replacement for wheels in common "Hoverbug" setups, being quite light, having decent health, and plenty of APs ("below" APs don't appear in the photo but they are there). They work in any direction, the blue panel is just decorative.

------------------------------

That's all, and more blocks will come.

Anything, I suggest pinging me on the TerraTech discord server, it's easier to communicate than a back and forth in this thread, which I intend to keep for uploads mostly. Server: discord.gg/terratechgame

Thanks for coming by, have fun!

Last edited:

Rafs

Angled Hovers

In this series of blocks, under development, I'll be releasing sloped versions of existing hovers, which will give our Tech creators many new possibilities in hover techs, contraptions, hoverbug setups, and much more. ;)

--------------------------------------------------

Angled Hovers.png
GSO Angled Terraphobe Hover Pad - 45°
GSO Corner Terraphobe hover Pad - Faces the corner of a cube.
GSO Large Angled hover Pad - 45°

GC Angled hover Pad - 45°

VEN Angled ZG Hover Pad - 15°
VEN Sideways Angled ZG hover Pad - 30°

In general, these blocks provide good cover against crashes on hills and trees. The Terraphove variations are more oriented towards hoverbug contraptions, given their small range. These blocks also provide a speed boost if facing the rear or the tech, and if placed on the other sides, can improve driving and mobility. However, using a lot of those may make the tech unstable and thus requiring gyros for stabilization; also using normal hovers help stabilizing, as for some of these you may lose a lot of height when moving.

I'm providing a snapshot of a tech that puts the VEN hovers to good use, in order to become the perfect land exploraton tech: it never crashes on hills and trees, and you can use it to climb monuments and ruins. Also moves at around 170mph. Very fun to drive around!

This is the "Scout":

Scout.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

From my tests, angled hovers give a lot of speed boost depending on placement, and works both ways for balanced hoverbug setups or just normal hover usage.
How much of a speed boost you get depends on the angle of the hover, the 45° one gives you a ton more speed, at the expense of stability, requiring gyros in order to keep flying straight. Lesser angles(15°) give less speed but are more stable, less wonky.

If you want to test, get a small hover tech and switch the normal hovers for sloped hovers, having most of the hovers pointing the hover jet to the back of the tech (as if it was going to repel the terrain behind the Tech). Immediately you'll notice the tech will lean forward. Add gyros for stability. Then press forward, and see how fast it goes.
Then exchange the sloped hovers for normal hovers again. The difference in speed is probably high.

Componenet frames suddenly stopped scrapping, and i don't know why.
Everytthing else works fine, and scraps fine.

Rafs

GeoCorp Bridge Girder Blocks

GC_Bridge_Girders.png

This block came from the idea of making a Truck Chassis Block for GeoCorp, a block to go below the tech providing a good base structure, not too heavy, with plenty of APs for mounting blocks above it.
It has stats between a girder and a full block in terms of weight and health, though not as cheap as girders. Ended up with a more suitable name, Bridge Girder, since it's quite flexible and can be used in many other areas, not just as a chassis block. Also, don't mind these repeating patterns on the side of the larger block, it's just the shadows of the APs.

Hope you all enjoy it ;)

1572222887042.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Hawkeye Chassis Blocks

HE Chassis.png

These are variations on the four and six blocks from Hawkeye, with a good reduction in weight, a slight reduction in health and slight increase in price. Recommended for regions of the tech where you don't need heavy armouring, yet you want it to be able of tanking some hits.

1572441055885.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Better Future Ion Saber

BF_Ion_Saber_Icon.png
Originaly called "Phase Saber", this weapon was supposed to act just like the vibro blade, phasing into things and doing damage. However, due to the Vibro Blade being unfinished and in EXP, it wasn't possible to replicate the phasing effect. Many people tried to help it happen, like Saiko and WhitePaw, and Legionite finally got it working as a damaging solid surface, which is as far as we could go, and still fun to use! Just touch stuff with it and watch the destruction.
This is my first weapon, more will come! Thanks Legionite and everyone :D

1572542601977.png

Attachments

Exenelnaga

Welcome to my workshop of mods!

This is my thread for sharing custom blocks and skins I made! Everything in the same place ;)
The blocks require the Block Injector Mod, available in the TerraTech Mod Manager, and the skins require the Custom Textures mod, also available in the mod manager.

Constructive criticism is welcome! And please stay on topic! I highly suggest checking the #modding channel on discord as I share a lot of stuff there, and also the Trello I created for the modding community.

Custom Skins

DOWNLOAD

(more on the next thread due to some limits)
Is there a way to add all of these? I can only seem to play with 3 before me game flips and wont launch. Am I doing something wrong by puting them in the custom skin file folder?

Rafs

Better Future Omni Sphere

[Quick update: small json fix]

BF_Omni_Sphere_Icon.png
Size: 3x3x3
Category: Flight
Grade: 3
Price: 57774
HP: 3000
Mass: 12
Recipe:
-Celestian Crystal (6)
-Rugged Fibblar (6)
-Zero Point Splitter (4)
-Thermo Jet (4)
-Proxyma Dark (1)

"The Omni Sphere applies impossible quantum theory paradoxes and hyperspace gravity bending to poke a small hole in dimensional continuity, where it can hold itself and move the tech, traveling along the invisible ropes of reality."

This block is composed of 6 hovers, each hover aligned with an axis, x , y and z, in pairs that face the center. In the center, a collider repels these hovers, like a hoverbug. This block is an omnidirectional hoverbug, all contained inside of it.
It's a powerful endgame flight block, quite costly, but fun to play with. Techs with it gain very slow fall, and easy three dimensional control on air, like roll, strafe, pitch, fly up or down, fly upside down or tilted sideways, anything, it really grants omnidirectional movement.

It was made for Better Future, however I think it would fit Reticule Research as their only means of flight, like the omnidirectional wheel which I proposed as their signature wheel.

Hope you all have fun with it!

And thanks a lot for WhitePaw who came with the json code, and Legionite who fixed it today so that it could really work, you two are awesome!

Attachments

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

A hecking train wreck
Website
sites.google.com
Better Future Omni Sphere

[Quick update: small json fix]

View attachment 29568
Size: 3x3x3
Category: Flight
Grade: 3
Price: 57774
HP: 3000
Mass: 12
Recipe:
-Celestian Crystal (6)
-Rugged Fibblar (6)
-Zero Point Splitter (4)
-Thermo Jet (4)
-Proxyma Dark (1)

"The Omni Sphere applies impossible quantum theory paradoxes and hyperspace gravity bending to poke a small hole in dimensional continuity, where it can hold itself and move the tech, traveling along the invisible ropes of reality."

This block is composed of 6 hovers, each hover aligned with an axis, x , y or z, in pairs that face the center. In the center, a collider repels these hovers, like a hoverbug. This block is an omnidirectional hoverbug, all contained inside of it.
It's a powerful endgame flight block, quite costly, but fun to play with. Techs with it gain very slow fall, and easy three dimensional control on air, like roll, strafe, pitch, fly up or down, fly upside down or tilted sideways, anything, it really grants omnidirectional movement.

It was made for Better Future, however I think it would fit Reticule Research as their only means of flight, like the omnidirectional wheel which I proposed as their signature wheel.

Hope you all have fun with it!

And thanks a lot for WhitePaw who came with the json code, and Legionite who fixed it today so that it could really work, you two are awesome!
Also it seems like i simply can't access the block ingame, even in Creative

...It's likely that you already noticed that before i even did and updated it ._.
heck

eddie

Forever thonk, dis is ma philosophy
Rafs is going wild on modding and nobody can stop him,
I'm wondering if this is the side effect of erudite mixing with ignite( : / )7