Quite the read... Trynnun's Supposition of Suggestions.

TRYNNUN

I’m going to start with two suggestions I know you all have seen before plenty of times, but with me weighing in on them and why I think they are a good idea.

So first up is a real hard one…

Multiplayer (Co-op) Campaign*

- I know that it’s most likely do to it being heavily resource intensive and back-shop wouldn’t want to touch this with a ten foot pole. However, if this was hosted locally on a server just as my Ark Survival evolved server is, which is top notch and dedicated and this game is also greatly resource intensive, why wouldn’t the same be true for TerraTech- say way down the road of 2.0 or 3.0 or something once the foundations and game is near completion? I mean, I know you know that would help sales as multiplayer significantly increases re-playability and puts the majority of the load on the players who actually want it. Please know, that it is not my intention to pressure you into something that the current resources just aren't their to support, but perhaps there will be down the road.

Toggled Mirror Mode “for R&D only” unless it’s super easy to add to creative mode as well-

This has been suggested a couple of times and talked about in some threads, however something like this in my mind definitely goes hand in hand with building something symmetrical. If a part is non symmetrical then it glows red and either can’t be placed or bounces off as usual. You can switch it on an off just like you would for the build beam itself, so every other block if you wanted to could be placed on the other side.

-For one way blocks or non symmetrical blocks they would also be non-placeable and bounce off.

((Side note, the current major project build I am doing right now, requires nearly every single block to be turned and rotated as I am constantly switching between blocks after every placement, making me not even want to build this… you do want me to spread my wings don’t you? :p ))

- Block Suggestions -

More Armor plated blocks and Armor plating-

-Maybe even some plating that has peep holes for meters like on the batteries so you could armor them and still see the meter… I mean you have a peep hole on plating for a Cab window that we don’t actually get any functionality out of as a player so why not something we actually do get functionality out of?

Full Tech Body Field Shield-

- A large (perhaps 8x2x3) block that when attached to your tech coats your entire tech in a 1xThick very transparent block, barely a solid color blue similar to the regular shield but less noticeable at a distance. Low to no animation, just a simple bloom like glow from the single block layer it creates over your entire tech that it’s attached to.
- Very Heavy energy Drain in proportion to the toughness of the block it’s attached to ;) (that’s the kicker).
- More efficient way to protect and defend at the cost of weight(and oh is it heavy), and heavy energy drain. BONUS: It’s less resource intensive on your Computer because of no animation and lowkey visibility.

(To be continued in next post...)

TRYNNUN

Full Tech Body Field Repair-

- Exactly the same as the “Field Shield” only with a light green color. Same visual effects. It’s shape should be very large and odd.

- Requires 25% more energy drain than the “Field Shield”; in other words the tougher the block, and the more damaged it is, will result in a massive drain… But all blocks will be covered with a single repair unit.

- Same trade offs as the “Field Shield” however it is slightly heavier and tougher.

Ariel/hanging Magnet/Silo-thing (I don’t know what it would actually be or what to call it but I know it’s intended function which is basically to reach very far so you can put it on the bottom of a flyer and fly over head picking up blocks and resources while staying semi-safely above the trees on hills - - So perhaps this suggestion would be requesting multiple blocks instead of just one.) –

A Magnet block that instead of pulling from all directions it pulls from a fixed directional cone from whichever way it faces from twice the range of the “all direction magnets.” This block is intended for quick sweeping grabs as it can be side mounted or for equipping to the bottom of a flying-tech. The ability to incorporate it into factory blocks would really great similar to how Silos work. Perhaps even make this a special single block receiver silo-like-block-grabber but instead is a very large block space like an SCU that can reach very far. Please understand I really like the current collectors and silos where they are at, I’m just trying to think of a way that would be fair and balance to incorporate one into a flyer that wouldn’t be super cheatie-faced. There are plenty of arguments that could be had against flyers having the ability to collect things in a quick fashion but with weight and balance constraints as they are, I believe this to be a fun idea and concept.

The following are a full set ideas that correlate with each other to include the Corporation suggestions. It’s about Game Balance, Optimization, a new Building and Engineering dynamic that is paradoxically complex yet simple to design as it changes the way we rely on batteries and energy sources for mobile and anchored techs.

At the very least I hope to inspire with the following…

TRYNNUN

Premise:

Shields and repair bubbles along with factory blocks cause lag if you have too much. However, the shield and Repair when powered off, cease to cause their lag. Since currently in cap a set parameter allows for no limits within the confines of the current build space, then any new player will find themselves greatly frustrated when they can do what they want in the game that allows them to do it. What if all the movable and functional blocks drew power from energy sources; that they had to be powered in order to work… and if they drew power, than they can be powered off and not cause their lag. Currently there is nothing that allows this in-game, however, I believe with the basic introduction of a few blocks and some code change to allow some slight change to the functionality current blocks, it would assist players while also adding an additional building challenge that would be “optional.”

We all know that Mobile Fortress Techs are pretty much the end game goal, for a lot of big builders. And even large home stations with a lot of moving parts. Anything that is elaborate with all of these moving parts is something every player of TerraTech strives for; to build a functional and practical “something” that can also lay some hurt on opposition is should the situation call for it. However, Techs like that are severely resource demanding. What if you had a way to turn them OFF while still having things powered on that you that you would need for combat or Defense, and turn them on while turn OFF the other things you needed for Combat and defense? Lets suppose that the majority of the player base on average does not harvest and do factory work at the exact same time they are in combat/conflict. Yet when we are in combat (often a resource heavy situation on most players computers) we don’t NEED to operate our harvesting components and visa-versa.

TRYNNUN

Syllogism:

If we don’t need to do both at the same time, than why not have “the option” to switch between the two. “Option,” because there are still a number of players who are either unaffected by this or actually do-in-fact do both at the same time mincing up the enemy while powering their Tech at the same time powering their furnace with their blocks. However, the average player does not do this as indicated by the Techs created that are popular. So knowing that, we can collect resources and parts once combat is over for the sake of higher frame rates along with a greater building dynamic that is no more challenging to the mind then putting together a really good harvester or factory for the first time.

Now, with all these blocks requiring power, the same power used to power our shields, and repair, this would mean that the demand for energy is massive as we would now require all parts that move or have an animation or functionality to need power to function. This is the key to change them from a resource demanding block for our Computers, to no different as a regular block, much like how a repair or shield die when they are not powered, our Computers run smoother without that animation. The solution for this now massive demand is simple.

All components not needed specifically for combat with melee being the exception, would require very low power i.e. factory, harvesting, ect. Movement blocks however will not change. Additionally, starter items (the very simple tech you are introduced to when first playing the game) will have no change to it, such as the shield and repair, however weapons and other components like the conveyor will not draw power at all. So we will have to put them in a class, let’s call it “Low-Tech.” We would have to slightly change and classify what constitutes Low-Tech (LT), Medium-Tech (MT), and High-Tech(HT). Few LT and all of MT on up should be the introduction into Energy demanding tech as you play the campaign such as the early on factory items. It’s not really a shock or massive change as they will simply need solar power, battery and other power sources as you continue to increase your various Corp. Licenses. So this should cover any drastic change to the current game.

Now we can get into the solution.

Since we now have two types of block groupings, Combat and Non-Combat, we would need a “Switch” to switch between the group we want use and activate (“Turn-ON”) and which one we want deactivated (“turned-OFF”). Keep in mind, players will be able to choose whether or not they want to switch items on and off by adding it to their Tech. Since the Non-Combat group requires very little power to function and the Combat group is as normal with the addition of weapons to. There Shouldn’t be too much of a noticeable difference however, it does add an exiting new challenging dynamic to the building process. You could even segregate power-supplies on your tech with the suggested blocks below so you could have a small power source as a reserve or designated solely for just that group depending how you build your Tech with these blocks. It will also significantly increase the challenge of making mobile fortress Techs however, it will allow those techs when built by the players to be less resource intensive on their computers increasing over all optimization.

((NOTE: If you don’t like the power idea as proposed, at the very least having the following items will allow the player to turn things “On and Off” on their Tech as needed to save computer resources to play the game with higher FPS or less over all lag.))

TRYNNUN

The Switch -

In conjunction with the “Insulation Blocks,” the switch is a clickable block that when clicked/or-triggered changes where your Tech’s power is coming from (see “Electronic Insulation “Tough” Block” below). It works the same way a regular real world circuit would, but in order to do this within your Tech, you will need a way to segregate power sources to each tech group (Combat and non-Combat).

This will completely change how the TerraTech power/energy system works if added to your tech by the click of a button and if built corrected using the Switch and Insulation blocks along with wiring blocks (bumpers and bar like blocks that currently exist in the game could also function as a way to bridge the power sources to the Circuit board. OR if you don’t want something that complex for the player you could still have this with coding and UI functionality within the game.

Auto-Switch to work with AI-

-If conflict is detected the Auto-Switch cooperates with the AI and immediately deactivates non-combat parts, and activates combat-parts. Again, Melee draws no power just like mobility blocks so they are always on.

(OR alternatively, AI don’t get this feature and it’s all on how you build your AI tech and decide their use.)

Electronic Insulation “tough” block” –

A block that separates blocks within the same tech on all levels except physical connection and connection point toughness. This block is essential in conjunction with the other block ideas which could create new possibilities and direction in terms of Game balance, QoL, engineering/building perspective, but most importantly OPTIMIZATION. The other block suggestions such as “Switch”, “Body Repair Field”, “Body Shield Field” and energy based blocks (to include non-combat functioning parts animation or not) would draw from Battery Energy. The “Insulation ‘Tough’ Block” (which is also good armor by itself and doesn’t transfer various damaging elements such as heat from Explosions but susceptible to high-impact or bullet penetration) is what is used in correlation with the “Switch.” It is essentially a “dead” block with good damage absorption (but Very Heavy).

((OPTIONAL))

Wiring block-

- A simple block that varies in toughness looks depending on the Corp.

- A simple way to bridge ‘Power sources’ to the “Switch,” and “Circuit Board.”

-Additionally certain current blocks already in game could double as a wiring block (just as an idea) like the various pole and bar looking blocks.

Circuit Board-

- A simple base block used to place at a connection point of a block that requires power to function.

- Like the GSO regular block, that range from 1x1 to 1x5 we could also make many variations of this to increase it toughness and house multiple single weapon items to large items.

- It would have the same toughness as the GSO regular blocks and weight.

(To be continued in next post…)

TRYNNUN

Corporation Suggestions-

[Take all of the following in every detail as me just spit balling pure suggestion and ideas as to these Corporations and their possible themes/shticks]

UGS - Union of Galactic Scientist Corp.

(Are very arrogant and takes themselves too seriously)

-Creators of the Switch and Insulation Technology?

-Ivory colored blocks with sharp corners with royal blue see-through glass accents.

Aliens” Tech Corp.

(Semi-comical) (literally Aliens with little patience for All humans and their Corporations)

Creators of the Energy Field Technology?

-Full Body Repair field that coats the entire tech (through “connection points” but wont transfer through Insulation Blocks) ; if installed, depending on each individual blocks “toughness” will depend on how much energy it takes to coat the entire tech and repair the damaged blocks. There is an initial energy activation cost of the tech (throw in a glow burst effect) and the energy field coats the entire tech [You can make this nice as a standalone and have it compliment the current “Shield & Repair Bubble technology” OR have it be an “Either or” kind of choice because of the amount both Technologies could require to use causing a very rapid drain of your Energy Banks (energy storage technology)

-Blocks would all have roundish inlays, metal looking or liquid metal like (thing T-2 Judgement day), with neon-like green slime “colored” (bright green) accents and in the inlays/engraved.

Steam Punkers-esk like Corp.

(very comical) (Rivals of GeoCorp. Block toughness varies from slightly less to slightly more but offers only different shapes and sizes then Geo Corp.)

- Master of manual aim with projectile based pride.

- Real big into Mechanical muscle (think FireFly meets Muscle Car rat-rods) and are a real “oldtimey” kind of Corp. that is a real out of date with the times corporation barely making their way in space, desperately competing with the other corporations to prove the old ways are the best ways.

- … As far as looks go, you know steam punk, so go nuts.

-END OF LINE-

ZenithEevee

Procrastinator of the New World Order
I'm favoriting this for later.
Its way too early for me to reed this much.

That being said, Great dedication..

TRYNNUN

Wow, that's a lot of suggestions! Just saying, the developers usually prefer to have a separate page for each suggestion.

https://terratech.gamepedia.com/Corporations#Legion
It's a planned corporation.
haha... well i did say I was spit balling... Not exactly Alien but wow the 3 I mentioned are very similar. Though the closest similarity would be the Future Tech with the Scientists. Steam Punk is not junkers but with some of the things I had in mind there are still similarities as well. Though the Aliens I think would be very different, but I suppose Aliens wouldn't fit in this universe see as how all of those Corporations are human. I still think Aliens would be a nice touch being threatened by the humans and all what with all of their advanced Corporations.

ilikegoodfood

Though the Aliens I think would be very different, but I suppose Aliens wouldn't fit in this universe see as how all of those Corporations are human. I still think Aliens would be a nice touch being threatened by the humans and all what with all of their advanced Corporations.
I made a collection of threads a very long time ago that are still completely relevant, including a true Alien Corporation.

I think you'll like it (LINK)

TRYNNUN

How? And if you do do this (lol), can the same steam account play on that server?
If you have a good enough rig, you can do this easily within ASE, additionally you can also rent dedicated servers based out of geographic regions all over the globe and you can get what you pay for, it's not hard at all if you've ever set-up a server before. There is minor coding to install whatever mods you want and getting them to work together with other mods is just a matter of common sense based on the nature of the mod and then fining tuning them individually for whatever parameters you want. Most servers you can rent already have the game installed so there is no hassle required for the user/player-base. There is also an ingame host option for ASE where you don't even have to mess with servers.
In any regard, it's ultimately up to Payload Studios on what would be the most viable option for their target market and what they feel would be worth doing on their end. With anything involving game development there are always Legalities in securing your property, which may mean they may not want to do this as it requires a lot of steps in the licensing area for allowing use of their code and game over all game files. However server host is always a viable option for multiplayer games.