[Question] MUST I restart a new game for Better Future?

Thundercraft

Reliable Scrapper
Last year, around October or November-ish, I reinstalled TerraTech and started a new game. I had fun replaying everything, but I was really looking forward to Better Future. I stopped playing last year.

Fast forward: I've been sort of keeping up on blog posts and news. And I just read that a recent update introduced missions for Better Future in Campaign mode, which is what I've been waiting for.

I asked on the official Discord whether or not I would need to restart a new game in order for missions for Better Future to trigger. Someone replied that, as far as they knew, GSO grade 4 is what triggers missions for Better Future.

So, I loaded up my old save to try out Better Future... And I played for at least 10 hours between yesterday and today. But...

At the time I loaded my save, I had already maxed out GOS (Grade 5) as well as GeoCorp and Venture. I was still working on Hawkeye, having only unlocked Grade 2. And so...

Nothing. After spending all that time on my old save and after having maxed all all corporations, including Hawkeye, there was no introduction to Better Future missions. Nor did I ever find a single Better Future part... :mad::(:eek:

Can someone tell me what the problem could be?
Do I need to not only restart a new game, but first uninstall and reinstall the game?

This is frustrating...

Galrex

Possibilist
we've been investigating the License missions for a while now and found that the License missions have been appearing correctly, however sometimes they would appear after a mission board refresh(can force this by picking up all the missions there), can you try that and see if you can find it?

Just to make it clear the BF License missions has a GSO icon and is called 'Back to the Future' :)
Hey, have you checked this thread? Have you tried the above out and see if it helps?

Thundercraft

Reliable Scrapper
Hey, have you checked this thread? Have you tried the above out and see if it helps?
After reading this thread, I followed the suggestion of picking up all the missions at the mission board to force a mission refresh. But I still did not find a GSO mission titled 'Back to the Future.'

However, against my better judgement, I continued playing my old save and continued to pick up all missions at the mission board, forcing a mission refresh over and over again. I did this for several day-night cycles and spent quite a few more additional real-world hours at it.

But then, finally, the GSO 'Back to the Future' came up I was able to start on Better Future missions.

Again, this is frustrating and not at all intuitive. Considering how persistent I had to be, refreshing the mission board over and over several times, you can imagine how many players would have given up before I did. Can't the devs make it easier or less confusing for players to trigger new missions in an old save?

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com