Question about conveyor bug

Zudakas

Hey, so I have a question. Is the bug with the conveyors bottle-necking related to the refineries/crafting blocks accepting three blocks at a time? Example: When 4 chunks are on a conveyor, the refinery takes 3 and lets the 4th pass by before putting refined pieces back on the conveyor. This is generally how my factories tend to get bottle-necked, or so it seems. Excess blocks are left on the belt until the loop /storage blocks are full, causing refiners/component fabs to not have room to push chunks back onto the belt.

Possible solution (for consistency): Is it possible to set all refineries to take 1 block at a time instead, to see if it still bottlenecks? I've noticed on larger factories (some of mine include 6+ miners and stretch across multiple biomes), sometimes factories ask for more chunks before the first set reaches the refinery or component fabs, causing an excess of unused chunks floating around the conveyors and causing bottlenecks.

Possible solution: Giving refineries/component fabs right-of-way on the conveyors, so that if there is a block on the exit pad of a refinery, the conveyor stops to let that chunk on.

tdb

Storing resources in refined form largely avoids the refinery issue. There are very few interesting blocks that require unrefined resources - the GeoCorp bumpers being the only ones for me. As such my factory only stores titanite and plumbite in unrefined form. There are also silos for refined titania and plumbia ingots so I can utilize resource blocks for bulk storage.

Another thing which I think helps is keeping the input and output sides of my silos separate. The frontend of my factory accepts resources from my harvester, sorting them into silos and refining where needed. Component factories and fabricators are connected to the output side, so they only order what they need from the silos. In the event a facility might be clogged and unable to accept the resources it ordered, the excess chunks are fed back into the input side of the silos and the facility will order a new one. There is no possibility of any resources being stuck on an infinite loop around the conveyor.