Pyro's Custom Blocks

PyroSalamander

Dec 11, 2019
This is going to be a thread for sharing my custom blocks. For now (as of 10/8/2021) I'll just be adding zips to the posts but eventually I'll figure out setting up a dropbox or google drive to dump all of my blocks in. For the record I started to learn modding about 6 weeks ago (as of 10/8/2021). I have plenty of ideas for future projects but it will likely be slow going as terratech modding isn't my highest priority. Also as you'll quickly be able to tell I don't use the forums a lot, so all the fancy formatting and stuff will be figured out later

To start off, I created a set of rangefinders. What these will do is increase the range at which weapons can lock on to targets. This effect does not stack so there is no point in having multiple besides redundancy. These can be incredibly helpful for those playing with TAC AI as planes can be very annoying to target with only the default range. Balancing tweaks are likely to be made in the future.
GSORF.pngGSO Rangefinder: 33% range increase
VENRF.pngVEN Rangefinder: 66% range increase
BFRF.pngBF Rangefinder: 100% range increase

HERF.pngHE Rangefinder: 200% range increase

(I am fully aware that the in game icons for the blocks are dark but I haven't started to work on fixing that yet as what was made works fine for now)

Attachments

Last edited:

ZXD

Sep 30, 2017
我觉得我更需要一个远程火炮瞄准器,是的,我更喜欢自己操作而不是交给AI,不过,在某些用途上这些方块显然更棒

PyroSalamander

Dec 11, 2019
我觉得我更需要一个远程火炮瞄准器,是的,我更喜欢自己操作而不是交给AI,不过,在某些用途上这些方块显然更棒
I apologize in advanced if I have any misunderstandings. I am using a translator as I cannot speak or read your language.
Are you saying that you would like to see a range finder that has a more narrow cone of vision? So while it has a long-range it can only see in the forward direction and not to the sides or behind? That is certainly possible to make although some explanation of how to place it will be needed if I make one.
If you meant you prefer being able to adjust angles and elevation yourself manually I suggest looking at the "Control Blocks" TTMM mod which adds swivels and pistons. They can be adjusted to do certain movements with specific keybinds.

ZXD

Sep 30, 2017
I apologize in advanced if I have any misunderstandings. I am using a translator as I cannot speak or read your language.
Are you saying that you would like to see a range finder that has a more narrow cone of vision? So while it has a long-range it can only see in the forward direction and not to the sides or behind? That is certainly possible to make although some explanation of how to place it will be needed if I make one.
If you meant you prefer being able to adjust angles and elevation yourself manually I suggest looking at the "Control Blocks" TTMM mod which adds swivels and pistons. They can be adjusted to do certain movements with specific keybinds.
[/报价]
是的,是测距仪,就像这张图一样
K%Z4$CS2L@ROQCB`Y{K0RBT.png

Woojexo

Feb 18, 2021
If you don't play warthunder, what this person is most likely trying to say is the "larger" 750 is the range in meters. they most likely want something where you can press a button to find the distance. the second part is the smaller 750. that one represents the elevation relative to the distance the projectile will travel while directly aimed at an enemy (as in the center of the crosshairs). this value can be changed, and will be used in conjunction with the rangefinder. I don't know if the person wishes for the range to be automatically inputed, or to manually input the range. either way this second part would require overwriting the automatic aiming function as one might imagine.