PVP Corporations!

Which PVP corporation do you like best?

• Total voters

Vaculity

Jul 9, 2016
I don't really vibe the ideas of PvP Corporation, since the game is technically intended to be casual. Can you imagine how many people comes in with these tech stuff in a random world in Multiplayer and grief the living heck out of it, even in a new world?

Some of the weapons here are already decent enough as it is. There really isn't any need for any other PvP weapons that can spell trouble.

ITANMULLI

May 3, 2017
For a possibility of PvP corporations, there could be possibly a multiplayer world. But i agree with vaculity, It would get chaotic and there would be needs of servers to run the world. Or add the possibility of extra lag and have each player run their own server. The players in this world would just dominate and this would become an .IO sort game.
This would Ruin the game for me and a lot of people other than me. There are already Invaders, so i do not know if this is a great idea.

P

Pink Kitty

And what would they do, that the existing and planned corps do not?

Vaculity

Jul 9, 2016
I should add on that while having a few blocks that benefits from PvP would be fine, having an entire Corp solely focusing on that really takes the fun away. I mean, look at it in a way.

You make a decently-progressed structure set in a multiplayer world.

Then 3 players with fully decked tech, mostly those stuff you mentioned, suddenly starts raiding the place, griefing every single block you have and your techs as well, and continuing to do so just to ruin your game, with no way of fighting back since you are not invulnerable when you respawn with your tech, remains relentless even after they drained all your BB of respawning the tech.

The way I see it, it looks more like the intent of griefing players, even starting techs. Can you imagine how kids who plays multiplayer with their parents, but the server was accidentally left on even for a few minutes, and already griefers gets on and ruins the entire game? Think about it.

Vaculity

Jul 9, 2016
Or maybe people could create servers specifically for greifing where the world is programmed to generate random structures from twitter.
Same thing. What, you don't think some people are griefing for the fun of it? Some prefers seeing their rageface or sadface; these trolls gets their fuel from such animosity.

ilikegoodfood

Oct 9, 2014
United Kingdom
I don't know exactly what server setup payload studios is planning on using, but I don't think it will be to have general open servers like you find in Rust.
Personally, I suspect that we will be seeing a server application or option that allows players to create their own servers, much like Minecraft's or Factorio's servers. People would have to know about your server to be able to try and connect, and you could easily white-list the whole server or blacklist trolls.

Regardless of how the server is set up, I don't believe that adding a multi-player or PvP specific corporation is necessary. As @Pink Kitty said, what would this corporation be able to do that the other's can't?
Also, if they could do lots of new things, would that limit gameplay by reducing the value of the other corporations?

Some quick start settings for new games, both multiplayer and single player, would be amazing, such as starting corporation licences and grades, start with SCU, and bonus chest at spawn with (X) number of common, (Y) number of uncommon and (Z) number of rare blocks, starting block-buck count and so on.

Reactions: Pink Kitty