PS4 Update [when is is Better Future coming?]

Nooboid

Not A Noob
Please stop posting a thread per week on this, it gets annoying for me, and I'm not even the moderator merging the threads. I know you are getting annoyed, but the devs are working on it as fast as they can while still working on the pc version. I do think that the devs should halt progress on the pc version until console is finished though. @Matt please get on this.

Stevo

Hey I'm new to the game but I am curious for the release date of the PS4 Better Future update and also curious if the R&D test chamber mode is coming to PS4. Is it going to be released in 2019.
#BetterFuturePS42019?

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Hey I'm new to the game but I am curious for the release date of the PS4 Better Future update and also curious if the R&D test chamber mode is coming to PS4. Is it going to be released in 2019.
#BetterFuturePS42019?
a dev had posted that the R&D is NOT going to be on any console (due to the rules of the console makers for software on the consoles), and also there was a post a while ago about a bug in unity needing to be fixed by the unity team (not payload studios or any other user of the unity engine) being involved in the console delays

Stevo

a dev had posted that the R&D is NOT going to be on any console (due to the rules of the console makers for software on the consoles), and also there was a post a while ago about a bug in unity needing to be fixed by the unity team (not payload studios or any other user of the unity engine) being involved in the console delays
Ok thanks

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
@Matt did say the console update should be ready by the end of the month during the community core stream yesterday. Looks like they've made it through the Unity problem which was holding them up. As of yesterday, Payload was doing the final quality assurance checks before submitting it to Sony and Microsoft. Sony and Microsoft will have to do approximately a week of certification testing on the patch (to make sure it is up to snuff) after which they'll upload it for consoles.

(I'm just regurgitating what Matt said on the stream, so don't string me up if any of that is inaccurate)