[PS4] Propellers aren't working properly.

So, let me preface this with the fact that I am on PS4, so all controls will be referenced with that in mind.

In the campaign, you're given a small aircraft by Venture to learn2fly. Works great. However, upon building my own aircraft, the propellers decide to just... not obey their control scheme. The tutorial (and the inspect menu on propellers) says to press L2 to make them go, which worked great with the pre-built, but does *nothing* with my own custom ones. Pressing forward on the left stick makes them go, but that also is what tells the aircraft to nosedive. You can probably guess how well that works out.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Also, as a side note, where can I go to learn about hovercraft?

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
, the propellers decide to just... not obey their control scheme.
Am I right in thinking that PS4 doesn't have the Control Schemes update, as yet? (To manually switch between "Car", Airplane, Helicopter, etc.) Maybe @kae can shed form light?

Either way, the "Propellers" override control should force all propellers on, I think. Unless you are able to rebind the botons? And [L2] is actually the drive forwards control...?

Have you re-oriented the main cab on your tech at all since starting building it? (Does the mini-map/radar arrow always point the right way?)

Have you tried placing propellers in various different orientations, to see if they control OK too?

Am I right in thinking that PS4 doesn't have the Control Schemes update, as yet? (To manually switch between "Car", Airplane, Helicopter, etc.) Maybe @kae can shed form light?

Either way, the "Propellers" override control should force all propellers on, I think. Unless you are able to rebind the botons? And [L2] is actually the drive forwards control...?

Have you re-oriented the main cab on your tech at all since starting building it? (Does the mini-map/radar arrow always point the right way?)

Have you tried placing propellers in various different orientations, to see if they control OK too?
Yeah, I can't find anything in any of the options about control schemes, and no rebinds possible. Left stick forward (equivalent to W) is drive forwards on ground-based vehicles, L2 is supposed to engage propellers and boosters (boosters work fine though).

No cab re-orientation, radar is normal.

Have actually been doing some screwing around trying to figure out helicopters and hovercraft, propellers work with L2 when placed horizontally (like a helicopter) but not vertically (like a plane). Which is nice for helicopters, but still makes planes impossible to fly.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
propellers work with L2 when placed horizontally (like a helicopter) but not vertically (like a plane).
Thanks for the detail reply.:) Hmm, that definitely sounds like a bug then; that's not what used to happen on PC...

I'd be a little surprised if that's a universal issue on console/PS4 (I'd have thought that would have been picked up already, although, maybe it has, I've little idea on these).

Anwyay, i'll move this thread from "Community help" to the bugs section, and add [PS4] to the title.