Properly Define "Hovers"

Should Hover technology be properly defined, and if yes, how?

• Yes - They should only work if they repel against something

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Yes - They need to be removed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Other (Please explain in a comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe - I'm not sure

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No - It should stay as it is

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I don't mind either way.

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

ilikegoodfood

Oct 9, 2014
United Kingdom
But why bother? I'm not a dev, surely it's up to them to develop the back story as much as they do the coding and art.
Because we haven't got it yet. As I said earlier, the backstory not being in the game yet doesn't actually reduce the amount of backstory much, it simply shifts the effort to the player, and each player will see that differently. I see it as a contradiction, you don't. Fair enough. That is why I added a poll, to get an idea of the distribution of opinions.
I am not saying that it has to be done either. If the Devs decide they don't care or that it doesn't matter then I'm fine with that, but no decision had been made yet as they weren't aware that it might seems contradictory to some of their players. Similarly, if the story and world lore is to be later worked into the game somehow and that lore will explain it away, then I'm fine with it remaining as it is, as that would itself define the technology more precisely.

FightBiscuit

May 6, 2016
Germany
Technically incorrect. In fact Ion Engines use very specific, expensive and rare fuels, at current, although new developments include the use of modified Arc Welders to create Tungsten-fueled Ion Engines, which is both much more prevent and cheaper to handle.
Also, depending on the size of the particle accelerator used, Ion Engines create relatively little thrust, which may not be effective at ground level, and certainly isn't an efficient technology in direct opposition to planetary gravity at ground level, thus craft with Ion Engines are still launched on a rocket.
Saying that, there is no reason to assume that the Ion Engines of a TerraTech era wouldn't be up to the task, the issue is that they would definitely still need a fuel.
Well, at least they don`t need gasonline as fuel,
and yes, it isn`t pretty realistic.
Do you have an Idea how to solve this?

Burrasaurs

Aug 26, 2020
Turtle shell armor blocks. Shield or bubble that will change size depending on info of the tech, like maybe size of the tech or how much it costs

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
And the necro nonsense keeps going on, clearly my previous reply calling attention to this didn't have any effect and even got deleted.
Classic "kill the messenger" moderation.
Now do something useful and lock this thread from 5 years ago, thanks.

And for god's sake, boot that bot account.

Last edited: