Project: Outbreak Ideas and Lore

zugbug33

Ruler of the soon to come robot insect invasion
Apr 13, 2020
a mound of dirt somewhere
Hey everyone, sorry for the delay on posting here, I’ve started to get the current lore in chronological order and I hope to post more frequently here and thank you for your patience

Reactions: Seth_Seth

zugbug33

Apr 13, 2020
This is the first lore installation for Project: Outbreak

To give some context the thing that I have written is told from the perspective of a GC mining team

Day 1
We have been sent to the red mountains in order to find more mineral veins. It would be a routine job but apparently there is some kind of new bug guys walkin around. We are gonna continue to look for resources though, I’m not gonna let a random group of bugs scare me.

Day 2
Well we finally found a spot to dig, and boy is it a good spot. Unfortunately, right as we crested the hill we saw what had to be one of those bug things. It scared Digger half to death, and I got to say, it is a little bit bigger then I thought it would be. Still, we outnumber it 3 to 1 and this spot is too good to pass up. We scooted forward, ready to fight, but surprisingly enough it didn’t seem to care. We took advantage of this obviously and mined away. Digger doesn’t feel comfortable having that thing this close though, he claimed to have saw it pumping a glowing liquid into the ground but it just looks like it’s mining to me. We told him we would shoo it away in the morning.

Day 3
Things didn’t go well. In the morning we went out to get rid of the bug. It was still mining so we thought we could sneak up behind it and scare it away. The moment Brock started up his drill the thing went crazy. It shot him with s-something, I don’t know what it was. We tried to fight back but it didn’t seem to do anything. We started to leave but as we were doing so Digger got hit. Both of them didn’t seem hurt so I don’t think the weapon actually did anything. It disappeared after that and we were able to get back safely. I would write more but I got to go check on the guys. They have been acting weird, Brock tried to attack me earlier but I think they are just upset about what happened. I’ll leave it here for now but I’ll try and do another report after I make sure the guys are all right. Foreman, over and out.

zugbug33

Apr 13, 2020
This is the second lore piece I wrote and it was made with Saiko. It is lore for both Youkai and Project: Outbreak

Hello, this is Dr. Amaya of the Youkai WD Weapons Development branch. Recently we gained intel that there was a strange interaction between a GeoCorp mining team and an unidentified tech that we believed to be part of the rumored "Project: Outbreak" group. After an investigation we discovered that our suspicions were true regarding the affiliation of the tech in question. We were able to locate what we believe to be the same tech involved in the attack and a squad was sent in to retrieve the tech for further study. Our suspicions were confirmed, the soldiers fared no better than the miners and they too were affected by a weapon that we have now codenamed "Contagion". The tech was able to escape and the affected squadron was forced to exfiltrate and was then quarantined so that we could study the affects of this new bioweapon. Luckily we were able to locate a smaller specimen in the surrounding area that was not equipped with the bioweapon. A larger squad was able to capture the enemy with relative ease and examine it for anything that could be of use to us. There wasn't much but we did find what seems to be a energy core of some sorts. The energy core is highly volatile, we believe this can be weaponized. This P:O technology could prove to be very valuable if collected correctly and so I have put in a capture request to the General for these type of enemies. I made sure she should warn the troops though, these things have made it blatantly clear that they are a force to be reckoned with.

zugbug33

Apr 13, 2020
So I know I haven’t done much with this thread and I’m sorry for the inactivity, I am much more active on the discord so if you are from there you’ve probably seen a lot more in depth stuff about my ideas and concepts for P:O, basically I was going to ask if I should try to make P:O a kingdom and see if people would be cool with that, I didn’t want too at first but if the people want to see it then I’m not one to say no, if you have an opinion on the matter please leave a comment and I’ll try to figure things out best I can

Cozy Mimosa

Sep 12, 2020
Queensland, Australia.
This looks amazing. I've lost interest in Chrysalis (A project I started modelling) so if you want those blocks, whether you want to use them as a base or put them in your corporation, feel free to ask.

zugbug33

Apr 13, 2020
Thanks everyone for the support, I’m gonna try to be more active in general on the forums, I’m probably not going to focus on making P:O a kingdom yet, maybe one day, for right now I’ll try me best to just exist, it’s gonna be difficult because school is currently taking up much, of not all, of my time so I appreciate your guys support

Reactions: Skihiley