Priority hotfix needed + Feedback (ALCON Dev's)

TRYNNUN

Jul 24, 2016
Earth
PARKING BREAK

I spent 6 hours building a mega landcruiser that wouldn't lag my computer to use it. It was by far my best work... Then I decided to migrate and build a base in the same fashion, one that was exactly the way I wanted with turrets surrounding it and all now that I know what I'm doing in this game, and so I spent another few hours building that...

... While building my base, as I always attach a cab to it so I can look around and all that, my landcruiser wonders off on it's own (I'M BUILDING ON THE SALT FLATS) my vehicle sat still for an hour while I was building, it doesn't have an AI module in it. I started to build the factory on my base so I was zoomed in a lot closer for awhile. I finished and went to grab my vehicle and go hunting now that I have everything the way I want it... and what do I see off in the distance... A GIANT PILE OF BLOCKS... it's what was left of my landcruiser.

I'm so pissed right now. I don't get a lot of time to play games so when I do, I need it to count... I'll save you expletives and just link you to this.

It's not just this though, there are a lot of little things adding up...

So here are a few things as my feed back. FYI I never offer feedback without constructive criticism and suggested solutions to problems I encounter in alpha and beta games- considering past those phases the game's Devs are usually set in there ways by then.

1) It makes complete and total sense that other part "remains" stay on the ground, and I love that they don't magically disappear... however, it is a nuisance after awhile if I don't collect them (which I rarely do after a certain point).
---SOLUTION--- Since you have a random trading post in game, why not have more of a presence of the ones who put it there and increase that trading posts size by double; adding on a garage portal that sends out "Undertaker style" robots that go and collect the remains of the rival companies mercenaries(eplained in the last paragraph in "1" look for "Tetra") sent to stop you from mining on that planet (just suggesting additional story to make sense of why there are always random vehicles around trying to kill you). Give the story a wild west style kind-of theme (think FireFly genre). Doing this will make it so that there is not always such cluttered parts everywhere with those collector robots. (OF COURSE- in time... once you have the AI all figured out, we will then be able to make collectors for ourselves). ADDITIONALLY, this will help fund the trading post and company allowing them to keep up operations on the planet. You could even go a step further by adding "WANTED" style posters or "Missions" for special outlaws or assassin's to the game making it so you could go and find the wanted tech and get an additional reward for taking it out and turning in certain parts... Also, every 10 "regular" mercenary kills you get, you can get a little bit of "BB" from the trading post (considering there the ones who went through all the work recycling the parts) however since you were the one responsible for the destruction, they give you a small cut.
EXTRA ADDITIONAL story lore. Evil Rival federation employs evil corporation called "Tetra" who is responsible for sending Mercenaries after you to stop you from mining for the good federation and Good Corporations like GSO, GEO Corp, and Venture as you are a "sub contractor" of sorts for them helping then claim planets for prospecting and mining to help the developing colonies build their settlements in space and other planets and such. This would help explain the reason and motives of the attacking techs in game. It also adds depth to the game as all great games need a good story some where in it. You could simply tell the story in game by doing it in the background and atmosphere and text communication from point-of-contact characters from the fenderation or other companies like GSO, G.C. or Venture. Also "Tetra" is a really good way to come out with new style of tech's that arn't exactly nice to face off against and often self destruct when they are defeated making it very rare to aquire their parts since you won't be able to buy them ;)
If you like that Idea, then I additionally suggest making their theme color black and glowing gold. This adds a coveted weapons and tech to the game that the players will really want to chase after.

2) SMART Receivers... Make a new receiver that "ONLY" grab Fully built parts parts. Players really want the full automation (set-it-and-forget-it) style factories on their base. I'm sure you have played "Tekkit Minecraft from the Technic mod package" before. I really hope you guys eventually put that to shame.

3) Allow shield stacking...
3a) Stack enough, and you hold off damage from even canons.
3b) Shield drain rates on batteries increase when doing this; (in game lore reason: it's like crossing the streams and causes the compensators to go into overdrive). Out of game reason: Balance in trade offs.
3c) Shields that are more then half a sphere apart just merge/join.
3d) Shields stacked change colors the more you stack together (you guys decide what you like color wise).

4) Concerning AI, I know you guys are working on it, and I know how difficult that process can be, please consider finding inspiration from the game called "Istrolid" as the AI interface's options are astounding, yet from a coding perspective cannot be that difficult. The properties and aspects from 2d to 3d using unity3d cannot be that difficult with the exception of the translation in language and various refactoring (food for thought).

5) Please consider adding a feature in the options menu to disable all tool tips, info pop-ups, and anything else you can't click through. It is the most frustrating thing to be building (especially with lag) to then not be able to click-and-grab or place something because one of those pop-ups showed up... unless you can make it so you can click through them.

6) Please consider adding up-gradable features to weapons and blocks allowing us to change and control attributes such as: health, resistivity, barrier protection.

7) New weapon STYLE/concept idea...
You know how you can stack a bunch of turbo fans in a row... what if you were piecing a MEGA weapon together like that, like a rail canon. It would be simple, "fixed" and hoping to line up the shot. You could have linked with battery energy as well.

8) Please consider making a survival style gamemode where you can only upgrade or downgrade your Cab but once it's destroyed gameover. However, making additional robots with cabs in AI are fine but you will always have your capital cab that IS the player.

Well, that's all for now, I have read through the forums and FAQs, I know you all are very busy and excited and I look forward to staying with you Devs on this journey of development.

Take Care, Time management and results are important, so be careful of the one with the whip!

Last edited:

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
1) It makes complete and total sense that other part "remains" stay on the ground, and I love that they don't magically disappear... however, it is a nuisance after awhile if I don't collect them
These disappear after 2 minutes of inactivity in the next TT_Unstable update. They currently do the same but after 5 minutes.
2) SMART Receivers... Make a new receiver that "ONLY" grab Fully built parts parts.
Crafting update coming soon. Lot's of things will change with this.
I'm sure you have played "Tekkit Minecraft from the Technic mod package" before.
I have. I love it.
3) Allow shield stacking...
3a) Stack enough, and you hold off damage from even canons.
Shield improvements/variations incoming in the not-too-distant future.
Concerning AI
There are some improvements incoming as you're aware of - but there are also some more complex AI components on the horizon. Stay tuned.
ool tips, info pop-ups
HUD rework incoming. Things should get less annoying and more intuitive. We
6) Please consider adding up-gradable features to weapons
We've thought about this for a while. Maybe something we consider post 1.0.
rail canon
Stay tuned.
8) Please consider making a survival style gamemode where you can only upgrade or downgrade your Cab but once it's destroyed gameover.
This is what the game was like originally. We may look into bringing that style of play back as an optional mode at some point.

Reactions: TRYNNUN

TRYNNUN

Jul 24, 2016
Earth
These disappear after 2 minutes of inactivity in the next TT_Unstable update. They currently do the same but after 5 minutes.
Ummm... Then I would like to report a bug... haha Because all my parts stay, I usually drop an anchor as a marker and go back to it (way later on), and they are always still there. So I don't know.

Thanks for the fast and detailed reply, you don't usually get that from too many other game forums from Dev's.

I hope you guys consider the story background lore stuff as well... Tetra ;)

Reactions: Gameslinx

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
I usually drop an anchor as a marker and go back to it (way later on), and they are always still there.
Blocks around anchored Techs don't disappear. That's your base - there's a safe zone around that let's you focus on building (by not despawning blocks you likely want to use).
background lore stuff as well...
That's coming too.

Gameslinx

Oct 19, 2015
A cab, stranded in deep space
Blocks around anchored Techs don't disappear. That's your base - there's a safe zone around that let's you focus on building (by not despawning blocks you likely want to use).

That's coming too.
Sorry to but in again, but...
Maybe if blocks are within the 'safe zone' for too long, they are placed into the Off-World storage (like 5-10 minutes or so)?

TRYNNUN

Jul 24, 2016
Earth
Oh hey, I read somewhere about legal stuff when somebody sends you guys suggestions you wouldn't be allowed to use that suggestion or original idea or something... So I hereby give up all rights and ownership of any and all idea's "Terra Tech" -Game related to "Payload Studios" :D

I just read up on the additional lore you guys were putting together. Very cool, I love the description on the military faction...

If you have ever played the armored core series, specifically the descriptions used in "The Last Raven" I am personally hoping for corporation wars similar to that, but from the looks of it you guys really have some cool stuff on the way... So I thought I would elaborate on "Tetra."

So the suggestion is end game tech that you cannot buy, only salvage. It would be maxed out tech so if you did come out with up-gradable items and weapons just keep that in mind. This tech is pretty much like getting that Ultra Rare armor, shield, or weapon in an MMORPG or something like that.

Anyways, keep doing what you are doing and don't stop! haha It's looking really good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gameslinx