Previously Bought Terratech

Arbaz41

Hello, I have previously bought Terratech on Steam and I really enjoyed it but unfortunately after one of the updates my computer crashed whenever I played it (it was already very slow before) and so I stopped playing after awhile I found out about the console version. I was wondering if their was anyway for me to be able to get the game on my PS4 without having to pay for it again.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
From seeing the devs answer this question, previously: I'm afraid there's no provision for the devs to refund/transfer ownership between platforms.

However, you might just try refunding through Steam, yourself. They have been known to be fairly generous on occasion (don't hold your breath). Tell them the game doesn't work, etc.

And just how old is your hardware? And what operating system? How slow was it before? You could pursue this as a bug report, here, submitting a "DxDiag.exe" output file:
To obtain a DXDiag:

1. Click on the Start button and select 'Run', if you cannot see 'Run' type it into the window and the application should appear.
2. In the Open: field type in dxdiag and click the OK button.
3. Click Save All Information then upload the saved file for us to view.
It may be that the game should work. I've heard of many cases of the game crashing on startup, when it shouldn't. There are a few steps in the dev's troubleshooting guide you might try, for example (regarding malware protection, sound/graphics drivers, reinstalling, etc): https://www.terratechgame.com/troubleshooting.htm

Arbaz41

Thank you I will try, and it would stop on the blue loading screen before the game opens and when I was troubleshooting it the problem was something with the computer no longer having a price required or something like that. And the steam guys told me that I already had 100+ hours so they couldn't refund it. The computer was about 7 years old and I don't remember the processor cause I had to throw it out cause it got a virus a few months ago and it cost to much to fix. Also it ran okay on lowest settings but it had the occasional lag spike that crashed the game.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
The computer was about 7 years old and I don't remember the processor
The DxDiag process will interrogate the computer for all it's specifications, without having to remember anything.

it ran okay on lowest settings
It might also be worth trying to set it to medium "Good" graphics settings, if nothing else works. That can work better for some people, in some regards, with certain, old hard hardware setups.

Anyway, I'll tag @kae in case the QA devs are interested.

TheGamingEnder

lemonian founder of Z-tech corp
I kinda had this problem. I think that storage space is the issue. I recently had to get rid of two games(Rocket Arena, which is in closed beta, and Farming Simulator 2019) for it to work, for it would crash trying to load games before that.