Praise for latest update...

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015
The latest update has really opened up the game. Being able to manually pick up a resource, while seemingly a small thing, is a huge step in the right direction. Definitely looking forward to more control over the crafting process!

Also, more craftable (is that a word? :)) items is always a good thing!

On a separate note, having the R & D area has been a HUGE benefit in trying to figure out the various recipes. Having all the Resources right there makes life a lot easier!

Thanks for your hard work guys!

Cameron_Low

Feb 16, 2015
London
^^^^^^
I agree we are now able to do much much more in the game (more things that we can craft) and also the R&D is such a great help for us to play around with any new ideas that come to mind, as well as seeing the new blocks available to us.
So incredibly well done, i just hope that it continues on this track.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
Phew! That's good to hear guys.

Next time - don't panic when things aren't clear ;) Chances are we're on top of it and are doing our darndest to get the new stuff pushed out to you as quickly as we can!

Mr.Bubba

Feb 7, 2015
trying to figure out the various recipes
Sorry, but this sounds like "slog through all the possible combos (at great expense if you didn't buy into R&D) and manually write out your own recipe book or have the wiki site up on another screen while you play." Neither of these grips my trigger. Neither seems to fit into the back story of a game in a futuristic off-world setting. Give me an in-game Recipe block (minimal) or Fabricator GUI block (somewhat better) or a fabricator that comes with a GUI that doesn't have to be manually fed one resource chunk at a time. Just one guy's opinion.
Thanks and keep up the good work!

Reactions: Jamie

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015
Neither seems to fit into the back story of a game in a futuristic off-world setting. Give me an in-game Recipe block (minimal) or Fabricator GUI block (somewhat better) or a fabricator that comes with a GUI that doesn't have to be manually fed one resource chunk at a time
Oh, believe you me, I'd *MUCH* rather have what you're describing. And it's coming. But, until then, what we have now is a big step up from where we were just three weeks ago. They've already said you'll be able to straight up buy recipes and Techs with BB.

Mr.Bubba

Feb 7, 2015
Yes, I know. Patience is a virtue. It just always seems like such a long time until "next Friday" when I have new toys to play with. :( Having been through many, many development programs that took years to produce anything but requirements and design documents, I genuinely appreciate the agility of the TT devs and their involvement and patience with their customers.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
it is EVEN LONGER when you do NOT have the 'toys' to play with, and have been through 2 of the wait for next friday routines without ANYTHING in the way of updates in the humble version and NO idea if or when there will be ANY further updates

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
true enough, but they also have MANY extra programs running in the background slowing down their computers and advertising lots of junk to them all the time, and also a lot LARGER internet download BILLS

Reactions: Darci

Darci

Feb 10, 2015
true enough, but they also have MANY extra programs running in the background slowing down their computers and advertising lots of junk to them all the time, and also a lot LARGER internet download BILLS
Hmmm... I didn't notice anything like that... my note is fast, even with an old intel i5 working alone, no video card, and I don't see any ads... Nothing strange in the Process manager... and I can see Youtube HD videos with no pauses... and I set Steam to start with Windows...

Do I have a "special version" of Steam? Because nothing of what you said happens here. :D

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
considering that I do NOT have any version of 'steam', but have fought problems on customer's computers that have steam and other problems, after fixing all the other problems, there was atleast 3 extra tasks that had steam in the path to the files running all the time, so being a pessamistic realist I assumed that they were still advertising and spying on the computers with those tasks

Reactions: Darci

Darci

Feb 10, 2015
Well well, I feel so lucky now :D

Did killing these tasks solve the "problem" tough?

By ads, you mean new browser windows or something like that?

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
not stopping them, but they kept coming back after each re-boot, then ending them in task manager(admittedly the customer-s computer only had 4gb of ram with 64 bit windows and could not have any more added as it was a ddr2 laptop)

Darci

Feb 10, 2015
Well, so if you don't really know what's the cause, so don't blame it :p

The ad and spy crap should be coming from little programs (toolbars, adwares, etc) that usually come with downloaded program "installers", and majority of people just click "next next next", not seeing all the trash that will be installed along with the main programs. They should check every step, looking for a "decline button" or unmarking any checkbox that may be related to this stuff, but they don't know it...

I "exorcised" my computer 6 months ago, and I can tell you, Steam doesn't have anything to do with this.
I don't remember exactly what I did (it was a looong fight against Baidu and other craps), but you can start by installing the "AdBlock Plus" addon on your browsers, downloading a program called "Revo Uninstaller" (it erases ANY traces of ANY program you want, even in Registry o_O), and looking for suspect names, such as "toolbar", "survey", etc, all the ad related stuff. Also look for a program called AdwCleaner, it's a real Browser exorcist, cleans every hidden crap addon, folders, etc., even in Registry! o_O
The real curse, Baidu, needed more than this to be put down (restarting, killing processes, safety mode, deleting files manually, running the exorcists again and again, etc, etc.), but I killed it too. And since then I've never seen such a crap like that in my computer. And everyday it runs like if it was a fresh Windows install. So, definitely, I'm sure Steam was neither part of my problem, nor yours. (Maybe these tasks pointing to Steam folders aren't just another infiltrated adware?) :p

Note: I SWEAR for my LIFE that everything I said above is TRUE (except what is "not sure", "maybe"), and these programs above WON'T damage ANYTHING on your PC, if you use them correctly. And I SWEAR that I'm NOT affiliated with ANY of those, I just want to help you get rid of the Devil :p:p:p

And take care next time you install a downloaded program... there may be TONS of crap waiting to torment your life... And you should pass this hint to your customers too. :D:p

And sorry for being (somehow) off-topic. :rolleyes:

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
in my experience revo leaves too much junk(especially in the locallow and local folders(great for clogging up the boot drive and slowing the operation of the free space location code in windows)), and the overall behaviour was typical of fraud and mal-ware, ie not allowing deletion, difficult in stopping, re-occuring upon normal boot and getting in the road of the user using the computer, somewhat similiar in effect to the fake police fraudware and the encryptor trojans, and yes I routinely remove ANY items that have ANY of the following words (ask, tool, bar,toolbar, search protect, browser protect, addin, addon, extension(the only exceptions are the items directly related to the INSTALLED genuine anti-virs/anti-malware and yes addblock plus)) and I usually manage to get the computer to BETTER than new performance and behaviour

Darci

Feb 10, 2015
in my experience revo leaves too much junk(especially in the locallow and local folders(great for clogging up the boot drive and slowing the operation of the free space location code in windows)), and the overall behaviour was typical of fraud and mal-ware, ie not allowing deletion, difficult in stopping, re-occuring upon normal boot and getting in the road of the user using the computer, somewhat similiar in effect to the fake police fraudware and the encryptor trojans, and yes I routinely remove ANY items that have ANY of the following words (ask, tool, bar,toolbar, search protect, browser protect, addin, addon, extension(the only exceptions are the items directly related to the INSTALLED genuine anti-virs/anti-malware and yes addblock plus)) and I usually manage to get the computer to BETTER than new performance and behaviour
Yeah, as I said, it was a veeery long fight, and sometimes I needed to run these programs again and again, and do things manually, but in the end, the victory was mine :D And if we don't manage to kill the root of the junk, they will continue spreading. Like a curse, literally. o_O

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
so TRUE, yet SO frustrating, BUT when you SUCCEED it FEELS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD to have WON against the problems (it can even feel better than SEVERAL ICE cold beers in the middle of a heatwave with firestorms happening in the region)