Post Suggestions for Mods Here:

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Yeah but I said we do it this way because that's how the game detects it in order to strafe, if only it was smarter then we could try different stuff like that.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
A ballast block. It's so simple, I don't know why the devs won't do it. I just want a 1x1x2 block with attachment points all around that weighs 16. And another one that weighs 32. No funny business and not much art needed.

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
It already exists, and WP added an UI for changing the ballast block mass.

And I made a gas ballast that weighs more the higher you go.

Captain Load

I'd like a mod that makes crafting relevant again and adds some challenge. And by "challenge" I don't mean the Venture and BF missions that are so broken they can't be completed.

Short version:
Via a modded Component factory like block (a so called Component Scrapper) that scrap components down to to their lesser tier and/or resources.

More Detail:
The "Component Scrapper" could have it's middle attachment point replaced with some kind of block/item to set it apart from the component factory.

(My Guess: It most likely would behave much like a refinery, but suck up components instead of resources and spit out everything that made up that part.)

This would save on space and often times a lot of performance, and instead of selling items.
Overall, I would claim this to be a very worthwhile addition to the game.

((After reading through this thread, I'm surprised no one ever even considered this yet... So let me be the first... I guess.))