Post Suggestions for Mods Here:

Captain Load

Mar 8, 2016
Suggestion: Campaign challenge mod series
Purpose: to make campaign play actually meaningful and rewarding

The biggest challenges in campaign play are overcoming bugs and design flaws. It would be nice if there were some actual hurdles to overcome. I've divided my suggestions into groups.

AI

* New combat behaviors such as unusual aggression with AIs that pursue you further than normal, AIs that summon help or AIs that do more than "attack front" or "attack rear".
* AIs with collectors that roam around looking for mines to steal from.
* AIs that pretend to be weak but as soon as you get near them they swap to a much tougher tech.

Industry

* Base automining speed reduced by 30%
* Pacemaker now does half, normal, x2 and x3 speeds. At 2x and 3x autominers, fabricators and refineries use a small amount of power.
* Ore vein total yields reduced by 50%. To get more from them would require new higher level mines.
* Uncommon "foreman" boss techs would drop blueprints to unlock blocks you normally wouldn't be able to build yet. You'd learn the recipe by putting the blueprint block into your inventory. You'd only be able to hold one of each blueprint.
* Rogue traders who appear rarely and only hang around a short time might also sell these blueprints at a high price. Imagine a sleazy counterpart to HUBL driving a futuristic caravan.
* All crystal formations would have a chance of regrowing after a time. Right now it seems like they only do this in the "crystal garden" biome.
* A new kind of dirt pile feature would occasionally appear and you could dig into it with a scoop or excavator (finally, a use for those shovels!). It would take a little while to remove the soil and beneath it would be a random ore vein, with a small chance of it being from a different biome. Unlike rocks, new dirt piles could appear in a previously explored biome. Frequency of appearance would be uncommon to rare. Why are they appearing? I dunno..maybe the monoliths had something to do with it..

Combat

* Missiles get a slight range reduction, nothing dramatic.
* Smaller AA gun added to complement the huge one - probably would make sense to be an HE or GSO block. Small one will target incoming missiles and rockets if no planes are in range. An anti-missile missile block for a different corp would also be really cool

I may add more combat suggestions but where the campaign is concerned AI and industry are what really need some help.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019
probably far out of scope for mods at this stage, but something that really needs to happen:
Blueprints
works like purchasing a tech, but will use blocks from your inventory to reduce/eliminate cost

- somewhat off topic-
mods can prod devs into including great things in the game
one of the things I invented/modded into Starbound is going to be part of their next update :D
Really? What did you mod? Been playing that game since just after closed alpha! Love it!

A Shield Bubble

Minecraft Scientist
Sep 15, 2019
A 'Better Minimap Mod'

[I discussed this in the discord with @Rafs]

Shows basic terrain colors/biome features/mission structures on the minimap.

On the backend, a high-altitude localMP style camera instance would feed to the minimap, and have it's opacity reduced low enough to show radar lines... etc.

nathaninthailand

Nov 10, 2016
United States
discord.gg
There used to be a mod that allowed you to set up separate key binds for weapons and mining equipment. If that could be updated for modern TT my cruise missile spam miner would be forever grateful. Bonus points if we can set keybinds for specific weapons as well.

A Shield Bubble

Minecraft Scientist
Sep 15, 2019
I'd love a mod that makes shields block explosion damage.
OR, a specific anti-explosive shield modifier block that makes all the shields on a tech block explosion damage, but it would have to have some sort of cost like "area explosive damage can be blocked by techs with this shield modifier, but costs 125% power per damage blocked"

Bandit_312

Apr 15, 2018
how about wheels that turn into hovers with a button? wheel drives normally, but when you press whatever button you decide to set it as, the wheels fold up and turn into angled hovers? got this idea from one of my favorite games, Burnout Paradise. Specifically, the P12 Special. Link to video of the car below. Secondly, how about boosters that leave flame trails behind? example also in the video

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
how about wheels that turn into hovers with a button? wheel drives normally, but when you press whatever button you decide to set it as, the wheels fold up and turn into angled hovers? got this idea from one of my favorite games, Burnout Paradise. Specifically, the P12 Special. Link to video of the car below. Secondly, how about boosters that leave flame trails behind? example also in the video
that sounds so 'back to the future' from the first ,second and third of the series of movies

Bandit_312

Apr 15, 2018
that sounds so 'back to the future' from the first ,second and third of the series of movies
Yeah, thats what the car is based off. and a note for any modders who might attempt making this, are you able to separate the hover animation and the actual thing that hovers? i have used the angled hovers, and while theyre cool, they arent the best at terrain/speed without also having more angled hovers on the front and back. it would be cool to see the hover animation come out of the hubcap as if it was the hover(angled with the wheel), but also have the roundabout terrain handling of a strait downward pointing hover

DatGamrTho

Sep 12, 2017
Hawkeye orbital strike. One block in size, since all it'd need to do is paint the target, then long delay between firing and the actual impact, but it does huge damage. Also, no homing effect, otherwise it'd just be outright scary.

Reactions: Pedro Guilherme

Bandit_312

Apr 15, 2018
geocorp 390 big boy wheel. imagine a big boy wheel in a circular housing, that can spin around 360 degrees! its like an omniwheel, but just one wheel that has to actually turn rather than just change direction.
i attached a drawing i made because the idea is kind of weird.
it should need a moment to turn, because geocorp isnt about agility. but it should also have more lifting power than other omniwheels.
desc. could be something like "mining in tight spaces is hard, unless you have some of the innovative wheels! now you can pivot in place or drive sideways. also helps decrease workplace accidents by allowing machinery to move in tight spaces without hitting everything.

Attachments

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
Wheels with large rotation may work but they don't strafe like the omniwheels we do.
Omniwheels are achieved by placing two wheels, 90° of each other, in the same place, so the game detects both for movement.
Really nice concept nonetheless! I like the drawing :) I'll try something similar anytime.

Reactions: Aardvark123

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
Aug 15, 2018
Somewhere in Seattle Washington.
Actually Most Omni-wheels are more like the Old style Mouse being a Ball in socket with Electric motors in the socket placed at an angle. It turns out that they don't have to be placed at 90 degrees to each they just have to run vectors at 90 degrees to each other.

The other option is a wheel of Rollers (set at an angle to the rotation of the main wheel) with the Drive to the rollers being Co-axial to the drive for the main wheel. Direction is then determined by the diffrence in speeds of the two drivers.

Reactions: Aardvark123