Post Suggestions for Mods Here:

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
probably far out of scope for mods at this stage, but something that really needs to happen:
Blueprints
works like purchasing a tech, but will use blocks from your inventory to reduce/eliminate cost

- somewhat off topic-
mods can prod devs into including great things in the game
one of the things I invented/modded into Starbound is going to be part of their next update :D
your in luck

Thundercraft

Reliable Scrapper
A hotkey to trigger the Anchor Button.

Or can something like this be modded in? I could have sworn that I had read something to the effect that a mod like this already exists, but I can't find it...

And, yes: I realize that this has been requested several times to be added to the game. But the game is now past 1.0 and it does not sound like the devs will add this.

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
A hotkey to trigger the Anchor Button.
In Misc Mods (Miscellaneaous mods) there's a configurable keybind for anchoring and unanchoring the current tech.
upload_2018-11-27_23-9-55.png

Click the ` button (left of the 1 button) to open the misc mods menu.
Click on the Force (Un)Anchor button and set a key for anchoring.
Have a good day.

Thundercraft

Reliable Scrapper
I just made a new topic in Suggestions and Feedback related to what I'm asking for here:
Option to De-couple [Forward]/[Down] & [Backward]/[Up].

What I would suggest as a mod is a small addition to Misc-Mods for a new hotkey. Specifically, it would be wonderful to have a new key to function as an on/off toggle that would simultaneously give the command for [Forward] and [Up]. This would make it a lot easier to get most flying techs off the ground.

As I explained in the other topic, currently, the same key for [Forward] also serves as the key for [Down]. This means we either have to notice the exact moment a tech leaves the ground to switch from pressing [Forward] ("W") to [Up] ("S"). If we fail to time this right, then the tech either fails to take off or it comes to an abrupt stop.

A toggle key that would act as both [Forward] and [Up] would completely alleviate this issue.

Alternatively, a key that would toggle flipping the keys for [Up] and [Down] might serve the same purpose.

(There is an Option in the Gameplay tab called "Invert Y", but all that does is invert the Y axis for camera controls.)

Last edited:

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
I just made a new topic in Suggestions and Feedback related to what I'm asking for here:
Option to De-couple [Forward]/[Down] & [Backward]/[Up].

What I would suggest as a mod is a small addition to Misc-Mods for a new hotkey. Specifically, it would be wonderful to have a new key to function as an on/off toggle that would simultaneously give the command for [Forward] and [Up]. This would make it a lot easier to get most flying techs off the ground.

As I explained in the other topic, currently, the same key for [Forward] also serves as the key for [Down]. This means we either have to notice the exact moment a tech leaves the ground to switch from pressing [Forward] ("W") to [Up] ("S"). If we fail to time this right, then the tech either fails to take off or it comes to an abrupt stop.

A toggle key that would act as both [Forward] and [Up] would completely alleviate this issue.

Alternatively, a key that would toggle flipping the keys for [Up] and [Down] might serve the same purpose.

(There is an Option in the Gameplay tab called "Invert Y", but all that does is invert the Y axis for camera controls.)
actually, when you start flight, you need to press w a second time for it to take effect to change pitch

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
SV 'Daegon's Wrath', Aquia Harbour Virginia
Website
th3kaijuwars.freeforums.net
So here's one that would be fun and i cues off of an existing mod. Deeper Water. So we have Water in the form of a mod, but it pretty much just fills in lowlands. so you loose all your salt flats in exchange for shallow lakes. Its nice, fun, and introduces a new feild of play to the game, Boats. But. i think the deepest water i'v found is maybe sixteen blocks deep. I would like to see even deeper water regions, Perhaps with water bodies that go down hundreds of feet, even possibly passing into the dysphotic (low-light) and Aphotic (No-Light) zones. now i realize that currently the water mod basically fills in lowlands using the game's normal procedural generation, thus to do this you would have to modify the procedural generation to generate large deep rifts that it doesnt currently do because no techs would be able to traverse them anyways. This would be cool, but i have a feeling it's ultimately impossible due to being a coding nightmare. however there is another option. Water World. and this ought to be as simple as raising the height in witch water backfills lowlands. Immagine a diverse undersea world with only the crests of mountains poking up as small islands. Air, Naval and Submarine warfare reign Supreme and new challenges face miners and explorers alike on this new Water World. low-light or no-light conditions, Pressure and Air supply could be new physics to play around with and make things like lights more prevelant and armor plating do something other than stop bullets. air can be modded in as a seperate fuel/power like resource. this also introduces concepts like Damage over time from things like lack of air, extream pressure, fire, electrocution, you name it.

well, there you have it, a small collection of ideas for underwater mods. some are going to be easier than others i'm aware. but hey, food for thought.

Seth_Seth

Confused Leader of the Golden Armada
Website
sites.google.com
So here's one that would be fun and i cues off of an existing mod. Deeper Water. So we have Water in the form of a mod, but it pretty much just fills in lowlands. so you loose all your salt flats in exchange for shallow lakes. Its nice, fun, and introduces a new feild of play to the game, Boats. But. i think the deepest water i'v found is maybe sixteen blocks deep. I would like to see even deeper water regions, Perhaps with water bodies that go down hundreds of feet, even possibly passing into the dysphotic (low-light) and Aphotic (No-Light) zones. now i realize that currently the water mod basically fills in lowlands using the game's normal procedural generation, thus to do this you would have to modify the procedural generation to generate large deep rifts that it doesnt currently do because no techs would be able to traverse them anyways. This would be cool, but i have a feeling it's ultimately impossible due to being a coding nightmare. however there is another option. Water World. and this ought to be as simple as raising the height in witch water backfills lowlands. Immagine a diverse undersea world with only the crests of mountains poking up as small islands. Air, Naval and Submarine warfare reign Supreme and new challenges face miners and explorers alike on this new Water World. low-light or no-light conditions, Pressure and Air supply could be new physics to play around with and make things like lights more prevelant and armor plating do something other than stop bullets. air can be modded in as a seperate fuel/power like resource. this also introduces concepts like Damage over time from things like lack of air, extream pressure, fire, electrocution, you name it.

well, there you have it, a small collection of ideas for underwater mods. some are going to be easier than others i'm aware. but hey, food for thought.
that'd be under the ground, and off the terrain entirely

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
SV 'Daegon's Wrath', Aquia Harbour Virginia
Website
th3kaijuwars.freeforums.net
right, like i said, coding nightmare. it would be nice to see deep trenches and an abyssal plane, but how about upping the water level rather than dropping the ground level, as i suggested for a water world. and like all mods you can just turn it on an off to play in a water world or not.