Possible to mod gameplay aspects?

Dragon77

Jun 19, 2017
I've been thinking about doing some modding in TT but, before I do the required downloads and setup the modding infrastructure, I would like to know if it is actually possible to mod gameplay. It appears that modding is currently limited to blocks and skins but, I have seen some gameplay mods here and there as well. Things I would like to mod:

-Remove the shield and repair bubble effect, or increase the transparency to make them barely visible.
-Increase enemy spawn and despawn range.
-Increase autominer catchup rate. And perhaps increase the amount of resources in underground deposits to make permanent mining facilities viable.

So, before I jump into modding, would mods like this actually be possible? I'm not really bothered about custom blocks and skins at this point (apart from Payload's official CrossCorp skin mods).

Thanks!

Exund

Fancy Modder
But in this case:
1) Easy: just remove the renderers/change the material opacity
2) Not known where it's handled AFAIK but should be somewhat easy (depends on how far the chunk loading actually goes)
3) Should be easy as well given I've been messing with biomes and such recently

Doesn't mean I have interest in making a mod for each of those but I could provide help

Dragon77

Jun 19, 2017
Ok great, thanks. I'll check it out.

Fortunately I have no sanity left to lose...

EDIT: Spawn and despawn distance don't have to be massive, only a bit of an increase to make conventional aircraft more fun to use. To give you some more space to go around and line up another bombing run/strike without the target tech despawning.