[Poll] IMPORTANT!.... Which Hawkeye corner edge armour style would you prefer????

Which appearance would you prefer?

• Total voters
Website
www.youtube.com
I feel it should have a matching grey stripe to blend with (most of) the other new "Edge Armour" blocks pictured:

2019-07-12 HE corner edge inconsistant.jpg

But the devs went with matching the style to fit better with the other HE blocks with 45 degree sloped ends (from this thread):
(2) There were several versions of this block during prototyping, with and without the shiny panel. There are more HE blocks with the 45° slope that don't have a panel so we went with the version without. It does look odd in your example, although looked equally odd when it did have the panel and was used alongside plain blocks, so swings and roundabouts. Maybe start a poll and see what others think.
Corner Edge 2.png

Personally I feel it doesn't quite fit in here, anyway, needing *some* kind of additional texture detailing, at the least... What do you guys think?

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Why not both? More options the better. If I remember correctly the basic building blocks are fairly easy for the dev's to create.

@ZeroGravitas you should add a poll option for both. There are already two of us that would vote that way.
Have a good one [8D)

MrTwister

Why not both? More options the better. If I remember correctly the basic building blocks are fairly easy for the dev's to create.

@ZeroGravitas you should add a poll option for both. There are already two of us that would vote that way.
Have a good one [8D)
Yeah, what's the problem adding another one reskinned but otherwise identical block?

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Yeah, what's the problem adding another one reskinned but otherwise identical block?
The only thing I could think of is they may not want to many identical blocks, but that could be avoided with some more new paint option in the skins menu. Have a good one [8D)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
@ZeroGravitas you should add a poll option for both.
I don't think having two versions of the same block is on the table. But it's good that you guys commented - that carries more weight than a vote number anyway, I'm sure.:)

Also, while I think it would be perfect to have it modified by skin selection, I don't think that would work with the current system. Because it would need to change the block model, not just the texture (correct me if I'm wrong).

I would prefer if there was a very short grey stripe at the corner, that would fit with all the other edge and spike blocks.
I'm not certain what you mean here, but I'd image it would look just like the Inside Corner block, with the stripe connecting unbroken to the blocks either side, but a little black gap in the middle, on the doubly sloped vertex.

Well, the one wide edge armour is just a reskinned small fort armour.
You mean like two of the smaller block edge sloped blocks together?

Maybe people think that double wide should have grey stripe bits on it's edges too...?

SadKen

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
We're able to add block variations based on skin, although we haven't done it yet in the PC version (PS4 and XB1 both have some alternate blocks when you use the console-exclusive skins).

Not sure that would be the way to go in this case as you'd still only have one version available for each skin.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
I don't think having two versions of the same block is on the table. But it's good that you guys commented - that carries more weight than a vote number anyway, I'm sure.:)

Also, while I think it would be perfect to have it modified by skin selection, I don't think that would work with the current system. Because it would need to change the block model, not just the texture (correct me if I'm wrong).
Two versions may not be on the table right now, but that could change if the Dev's think it is worth it.
With the skins being so new I figure that there would be a lot of room for growth and only the Dev's know how far they can and will take it.
We'll just have to wait and see what happens, but lets hope.
Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Well, the one wide edge armour is just a reskinned small fort armour.
Do you mean the GSO one wide wedge armor? If so that could very well be the case and all they would have to do is to adjust it's health values along with anything else to make it fit into the corp.
Have a good one [8D)