What do you think of transferring vehicles between saves in this way?

• Awesome idea! Must have!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Very interesting. I would like to see it one day.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Not sure if it's worth it.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I don't know if I'm interested.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like the idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ilikegoodfood

Oct 9, 2014
United Kingdom
I am creating three new threads today. I am aware that all of them have been discussed before and that all of them will not be until after 1.0, but I still feel that it is time to mention them again.

First things first: I am not suggesting the inclusion of Space, Space Flight or planetary physics.

What I'm suggesting is that you can take a tech, licenses and SCU inventory from one save, into a another one, possibly including existing ones, but also newly made ones.
This thread ties in heavily with the Advanced World-Gen thread I posted, so you may wish to read that before continuing.

The idea is that, after you create a world with whatever settings you desired and played to completion, you can then transfer a tech and a copy of the SCU's inventory to another one by building some sort of transporter or space-ship blocks.
Upon entering the transfer system, whatever that is, you get to choose from any of your other saves or a new game.
If you select a new game, the advanced world-gen features are set randomly, but you can still change them. This way, you can go to another type of world, with different properties, fresh resources and a totally different challenge.
The tech is then packaged, copied into the other save file and made the primary tech. If it had an SCU on it, then it would take it's inventory with it.
If that save file already contains a bunch of stuff, then you can choose to either erase what was there, set them all to neutral, so that you can reclaim them, or join that fleet, which simply adds you tech to that game, but does not carry over the licence-levels.
When you next load the game-save that you transferred to, you are deposited by drop pod at spawn.

By making the worlds new saves, it allows you to transfer multiple techs from one world to another and to return to the original world at another time if you wanted to.

I have no idea how difficult this would be, but we already have the means to spawn in techs.
Adding the SCU's inventories together and changing the licence levels may be harder.

ilikegoodfood

Oct 9, 2014
United Kingdom
I imagine you just mean transferring items between saves and having a 'portal' of sorts to mimic going to another planet which just loads a different save?
You're correct @Gameslinx .
That is why I put the "(sort of)" in the title and said this in my original post:

First things first: I am not suggesting the inclusion of Space, Space Flight or planetary physics.

What I'm suggesting is that you can take a tech, licenses and SCU inventory from one save, into a another one, possibly including existing ones, but also newly made ones.

Reactions: Gameslinx