Pipette (aka copy) tool

the dude

Mouse over a block - press a key - new block of this type is in the cursor and ready to be placed. Pretty obvious, huh?
It is so lazy to [open inventory - filter corp - select type - scroll to required] each time you lose a wheel or something so regularly falling off

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Others have requested this too. I suggested it in the dev's suggestion mega thread, last October...
[Alt]+Clicking a block on your tech will select that block type from inventory.

(I spend a lot of time navigating back and forth.)
... And brought it up in the "Ultimate Build Beam Thread" shortly thereafter. I had the feeling that they had been actively working on a BB update, but I was probably mistaken or something...

I'm currently curious to see what/if we are about to get the big content patch for this dev cycle (or if all coding effort have gone on console fixes and finishing up MP, etc).

Captain Load

I just realized a lot of people are probably using BB to abbreviate "build beam". All this time I was thinking it meant "block bucks" and that's how I'd been using it too.

Captain Load

I'd vote to use BB for the money since that's a normal currency-type abbreviation and perhaps "bbeam" or just "beam" for the other.

burger1113

Mouse over a block - press a key - new block of this type is in the cursor and ready to be placed. Pretty obvious, huh?
It is so lazy to [open inventory - filter corp - select type - scroll to required] each time you lose a wheel or something so regularly falling off
AKA "Dropper" tool. And yes it should be a thing for sure!