Petition for Venture to be Corp #2

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
So, i just dumped all the TTMM mods, and switched over to Steam mods.
Much cleaner, nicer, and less buggy.
Also, played tthrough right from the start for the first time in ages.

And i realized, we've got the Corp progression wrong.

We get GSO, Geocorp, Venture, Hawkeye, and Betyter Future.

We need Venture to be second. Not third.
Here's Why:

The earliest part of the game is learning, getting set up, and a little bit of exploration. GSO is fine for struggling through that.
But then we jump to GC. The big, tough, slow, tanky sort of corp.
It's really Jarring.
We need the fast, fun-to drive corp to come second, because THAT is when we are exploring the world.
GC is more for fighting and harvesting. And that's a later game thing.
Worse, the change in scale is such that if you actually DO embrace GC, the venture techs are no real problem. They are weak, you are not.
GC should come third as a more tanky corp, and at a point in the game when you need major harvesting for construction.

Put your thoughts below.

Geocorp Jumper

May 24, 2016
Worse, the change in scale is such that if you actually DO embrace GC, the venture techs are no real problem. They are weak, you are not.
GC should come third as a more tanky corp, and at a point in the game when you need major harvesting for construction.
Yes and no, I've managed to create a couple Venture-only techs that can take down GC techs many times their size. If enemies were built right, they could be more threatening.

But I do agree that Venture should come before Geocorp.

On another side note, why is corp progression linear? Is the next corp you unlock better than all the ones before? Probably a thread for another time, though.

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
Honestly while you are at it, make venture things more common in trading stations and in crates. I usually find I NEVER can make a pure venture tech with the VERY rare mission encounter of venture missions in the trading station, they are by far the most rare in my massive experience.

Venture should be 2nd because you are not going to be mining early game, you need EXP and to get EXP you need to take on mission after mission and the missions are not hard to the point you would potentially need to craft or gain cash by gathering resources to get a better tech, your goal is to advance the license grades and mining with crafting does not help with that. However, being able to travel the 3km distances for the unique missions aka "core missions" using venture wheels and blocks would help A-LOOOOOTTTT!!!!!

Seriously, has anyone on the dev team considered HOW FAR YOU HAVE TO TRAVEL?! Each core-mission takes priority over normal ones and they are ALWAYS something like 3km away EVERY TAKE! (There are few exceptions, maybe even just the one as in the almighty cube.)

Think about it, what good is building massive when your largest weapon at the time is a 1x1x1 GSO 3 pound cannon, what good is mining when all you are gonna do with them is sell and craft small scale. You don't start out with the equipment for heavy crafting and enterprising nor a means to spend cash effectively due to the absence of payload terminals. GeoCorp does not help the player out early game for the most part, the only thing I can think of is turning their tech into a mobile gun bed.

Aaand finally, you can salvage GC blocks NOOO PROBLEMO as GSO techs tend to be half GC in the past. Venture blocks? If I ran a MP server that had an economy, venture at the start of a player's time would be more expensive than Hawkeye stuff and only until they enter the late game when venture salvage actually becomes plentiful as you encounter literal bricks of venture parts at that point and can easily 1-shot em with Hawkeye weapons.

So I am saying, yes Venture 100% should be 2nd as GC is not helpful early game but ALONG with that, make Venture more accessible early game! The last thing you want at the start is take on race missions but need Ven parts to complete the race/stunt but don't have the parts yet and the only way to get parts is though those missions as the other missions such as Gangland are STUPID RARE typically. Also early game is an age of exploration, go travel around finding a potential place to settle down, travel 9km from spawn chasing core-missions, something probably everyone would need to do early on. The time to settle is distant at this time yet we get GC as a 2nd faction.

Reactions: Zonko

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
Hahaha you wish

Although I agree that venture should be the 2nd corp to be unlocked since when you get too GC your tech basically becomes tank
I have found now that TT crashes my whole computer every 30 mins.

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
I tweaked the game to get Venture instead of GSO right at the start.
It's fun.
Hard mode, but fun.

Sure, you're fast and all, but everything is tougher than you, and is heavily armed.
You don't see it in the regular game, because by the time venture shows up, you have a yellow behemoth covered in guns, and there's no difference between dinky GSO or Venture techs in terms of how long they last.

But taking on big Tony with a Venture tech is a whole other adventure.