• Nuu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WhitePaw2002

Aceba1
Jan 7, 2016
North-east America
github.com
I haven't messed with much of the new blocks, but by my understanding a handful of blocks that appear in the game which players are not permitted to use are functional. It would be very nice for players to be permitted to use them themselves instead of have to see it locked up, or resort to unusual methods to play around with the blocks.
I mean, this is a sandbox game, would be nice to be provided the contents that make it a sandbox.

Basically asking: Allow working blocks that can be seen used within the game to be usable within the game

A Shield Bubble

Minecraft Scientist
Sep 15, 2019
100% Yes. Most of the mission blocks seem stable-ish, and if devs are not confident in that, they could always put the blocks in EXP RR for a bit.

Also would love too see the new charger and shield from the missions buffed and given as loot for mission completion (maybe a GEO shield, as it doesn't have one, or another Hawkeye one?)

Last edited:

garr890354839

Nov 1, 2019
They could release them to experimental as-is, and make severe changes to the shield itself if introduced to GeoCorp directly:

A) It only works anchored
And either
B) Required untold power draw
Or
C) Require special batteries that only the charger itself can charge.

WhitePaw2002

Aceba1
Jan 7, 2016
North-east America
github.com
Notes for that weird red shield thing, if fulfilled for public use:
  • Do not deflect / collide with resource chunks, scenery, blocks, etcetera
  • Only deflect techs marked as enemies to the current
    • Energy use on idle and force necessary to repel
  • Internally, there could be a boolean for mission use to get the intended behavior for missions and for player separate, if it must fall to that
    • Maybe for when used by players (or in general), just, not use a collider™️

UNITGX48

Quite... I find the rules regarding these parts to be incredibly arbitrary... If I wish to use one of these I should be able to And share it freely. If a block shows up in the game in front of the player at least once in an intended way, It should be considered released, and should be open to being used by the community.

I can see this rule applying to things that have never been used officially because that can qualify as leaking unreleased info. But If I see something that looks cool, I want some way of using it and sharing what I made with it without getting myself canned in the process because of some dumb restrictive rule.

Then there are a couple of blocks that still exist that were removed long ago that still work fine such as the old Geo cabs that I wish were obtainable through normal means still.

The blocks that would require little or no work to be user ready.

The NPC heads : Mike's, Pow's, Suzie's and that hawkeye one. They are basically just cosmetic blocks. There are likely many people who would love using them in builds.

The long range supercharger : which I've tested myself... it takes two of these 4x4x4 mega bricks to equal the transfer rate of one normal 1x2x2 Geo charger, they have low hp, but have extremely good range (about 100 blocks) which is their only benefit. They actually look very balanced as they are now. In order to get any kind of "Overpowered" transfer rate out of them you have to have a giant wall made out of them that based on how the block looks would be extremely expensive to make in a campaign. It however does currently count as a cabin but could be easily removed in a duplicate that does not have this ability. Why would geocorp need this though? If you think about it Geocorp lore wise likes open pit strip mines. A big charger like this could keep machinery at the bottom powered easily.

Big Pete's Mouth : Which basically deletes resource chunks fed into it and has a perfect description... It makes for a very good trash disposal block and apparently also has a built in anchor. It could probably be duplicated too and given a separate name to distinguish it. I personally would like to use one as overflow control on my bases because it can handle items coming at it as fast as the conveyor feeding it is moving unlike delivery cannons. I'll also come back to this in a minute because I have an extra idea for it.

Old Geo Cabs : Most people know about them, they still exist. I think they could be re added as reward items for finishing a mission or something. They still look nice, and are also apparently paintable now. I believe many people would enjoy using them normally again.

Blocks that would need a bit of work before being allowed in campaign for the player.

First off. The Super shield : And this is gonna be a small text wall but stay with me... Geocorp lacks a shield module atm, which for a company like them doesn't make full sense... But unit they are just a mining corp why would they need a shield? Well Given the corporation I would not put it past them to go mining in hazardous environments... Environments where keeping things out of their outposts/bases would be very useful... such as the occasional planet that has constant meteor showers, dust storms, hazardous wildlife, or even logically just holding in an atmosphere. It actually does make sense. As it stands though the shield repulses All ungrounded techs and some blocks regardless of team alignment... But wait, unit isn't this repulse ability stupidly overpowered? I still remember playing football with a dreadnought in my venture lawnmower when shields had that a while ago. Alright. That's why I propose this shield to be Anchored only, slow to activate, and power hungry. Effectively being a base shield to cover a decent area in a very protective dome that no other corporation can provide.

A second possible idea for Big Pete's Mouth : Would be again as a duplicate block that acts as a trash disposal of unwanted resource chunks, however after throwing in enough chunks it spits out a bundled compressed block of random materials that rewords an assortment of low grade resources if thrown into a scrapper... think of it kinda like a starting grade way of compressing resources into blocks but not exactly efficient

A Shield Bubble

Minecraft Scientist
Sep 15, 2019
Notes for that weird red shield thing, if fulfilled for public use:
  • Do not deflect / collide with resource chunks, scenery, blocks, etcetera
  • Only deflect techs marked as enemies to the current
    • Energy use on idle and force necessary to repel
  • Internally, there could be a boolean for mission use to get the intended behavior for missions and for player separate, if it must fall to that
    • Maybe for when used by players (or in general), just, not use a collider™️
agreed

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
I have tested these two blocks internally, checked their stats in the code too, and I give them my approval as balanced blocks for everyday playing.

The shield has immense drain, hit it with bullets which do 2x damage on shields and it wil hurt your energy storage badly, quickly turning off. The large size is an advantage against explosives only, which helps taking them away from the Meta a little bit; we need more explosives countermeasures.

The charger is big and quite slow, there are situations you may want it or not, it's a block with its pros and cons and completely acceptable as another option of charger for everyone to play with.

------

However, the art and lore of these blocks heavily implicate they were supposed to be Reticule Research blocks.

The shield is orange (RR color), has many details both on the block and the bubble, and does something unique no other shield does, also backfiring a bit as you can't collect blocks or chunks if the receivers are inside the bubble. It has absolutely nothing to do with GeoCorp, no reason they would do a shield that repels melee attackers when they are one and they need to approach enemies to attack them.

The charger is also obviously a Reticule Research charger, the beam is orange and the block is tremendously oversized, and full of scifi details and the crazy lightnings and everything. Another block that is not GeoCorp, who already have their own charger.

The problem is, Payload can't port these blocks to RR while the corp is DLC gated, the changes to RR must come first so they can put these things in place. Until then, I suppose these blocks will have to be part of GeoCorp. But ideally they would be RR, hope these changes the community requested come soon.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
Here is our current thinking behind mission blocks:

NPC heads - We're planning to make them available the same way you can win Wingnut's head or the Spider King's eyes and mandibles.

Long-range charger and super shield - They are mission-specific blocks needed to support play in that mission. They only work because the mission script handles most of their behavior. They would not work outside of the mission without additional work. Even adding them to R&D would require work to make them function outside of the mission, which would be a distraction from things like mod support or more missions.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
It won't be finisher if it doesn't have mod support

Spawned them in R&D using shenenigans and the shield and chargers work as expected
Interesting. I still can't see them being added, if I'm honest. They may work okay at face value but I'm pretty sure QA would be able to find some serious problems with them.

Reactions: Luracasmus

UNITGX48

Interesting. I still can't see them being added, if I'm honest. They may work okay at face value but I'm pretty sure QA would be able to find some serious problems with them.
I'm using them in my current campaign in trade for a compressed Geo Titania block per charger. If I find anything fishy going on with them I'll Probably say something but I haven't noticed anything weird yet. I would rather the idea stay on the table and be used later when there is time for it to actually be looked at.

Even if this stuff doesn't get directly added I still would like some restrictions lifted on the ability to share builds that use hidden blocks that have shown up being used in the game... Like these bad boys for example which use a single part off of delivery cannons to add more detail.

Screenshot_1063.png

Screenshot_1091.png

I can understand stuff like the truly unreleased items being restricted because thats basically a leak, but I think if its shown up at least once in the gameplay in an intended manner I feel like it should be fair game for builders to use share/freely.

I acknowledge there could be something wrong with the blocks physically however after playing around with basically all of the still working depreciated blocks/unobtainables I haven't crashed my game yet and I ended up building two really nice looking trucks specifically using a few things that have been used in game already.

Which the only real gameplay aspect these things effect is playing in creative where you can actually spawn the vehicle in or with mods in which case it doesn't really matter anyway.

Last edited:

the.nihilist

Semiprofessional Idler
Jul 1, 2018
Germany
Here is our current thinking behind mission blocks:

NPC heads - We're planning to make them available the same way you can win Wingnut's head or the Spider King's eyes and mandibles.
So now I demand GC mission NPCs with the boss and overlord cabs

Reactions: harpo99999