Performance utterly tanks with the first "base" spawn

Kirona

Oct 9, 2015
I abruptly went from 60fps to roughly 0.1fps when this base (I assume it's a base?) spawned, complete with dozens of enemy techs swarming about on it.

Here's a few screenshots of it - I had just defeated the Harvest Boss, and was on my way back to my own base with the fabricator, which is why my tech looks rather stupid. I also decided to run in shooting to see if maybe I could kill a couple techs and maybe recover enough framerate to get away in reasonable time. This plan obviously did not work, though really, this save file is done for either way.

Here's a few more images of this thing: http://imgur.com/a/ZRpJd

How is this kind of disaster allowed to spawn into a world?

.G.

Oct 14, 2015
Same for me, and to make things worse, it spawned right on top of my base (I find it surprising there's no check for the presence of a tech nearby...), and it was roughly 20 guys plus an enemy base, I must admit it was a bit of a slideshow.

But, same story as you bro, Just defeated the harvest boss, on the way back to my base. And now, I can't use the payload terminal (or maybe I'm too stupid to figure it out), it doesn't deliver anything to my new base. I want to check the old one, but it's 2 booms over so it either didn't spawn or despawned... either way, terminals don't work, there's tons of crazy things happening in the old base (which is now called the hell's mouth).

I did manage to take out all the moving techs, just got two bases clipping through each other, I think my save is done too.

Reactions: Tfin

Ryan Womer

Oct 13, 2015
I will second this. I wasn't brave enough to immediately toss my tech into the fray. I wanted to secure the save game before I tried that. Mine was a hulking pyramid of enemy techs just stacked on top of each other.

NovaLegion

Jamie's best friend
Jul 28, 2015
This is a big problem. Kind of makes the game unplayable after the harvest boss. If I get even in render range I got from 60 FPS to 5.

Reactions: streak1

Zio_Matrix

Dec 2, 2014
Oh good, this isn't just a problem with me.

I wish I could say my saves were as exciting as your guys'. I tanked performance with just one base spawning.

NovaLegion

Jamie's best friend
Jul 28, 2015
Oh good, this isn't just a problem with me.

I wish I could say my saves were as exciting as your guys'. I tanked performance with just one base spawning.
Yeah it really sucks because the game is pretty much unplayable after the harvester boss.

Zio_Matrix

Dec 2, 2014
Update on the problem, I found the rave party base. Moving far enough away from it to despawn it does solve the FPS issues, but that's still a pretty large 'no drive zone' to avoid. Ima go wreck it and see if that helps the issue.

Otterbear

Oct 11, 2015
I had a similar problem with a huge cluster-jam spawning near my base. Frame rate when to nil for a while.

Dellamorte

Feb 10, 2015
Cairns, Australia
I said something to @Jamie in the Twitch stream chat on Friday and he went and reminded the team about the problem so I am sure that the team are tracking down the bug and will have a fix for it soon.

Otterbear

Oct 11, 2015
Thanks Dellamorte.
I'm sure they are working hard. Just wanted to let them know it was still an issue.

Estecka

Feb 9, 2015
France
Estecka.deviantart.com
When I first encoutered the base stack, my performance sure did go nut, but somehow after I left it settle itself, I could approach it without losing any fps. (Except when everyone is firing at once)

I managed to destroy the base stack quite easily actually, this wasn't such a major problem to me, and yet I can't tell I have such a powerful computer.

Zio_Matrix

Dec 2, 2014
I'm not too upset about losing a save (early access, wut wut), it only stings because the first part I found in a dispenser was a 4-slot fabricator :<

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
I think this might be a little bit of luck too. The first time I saw this, I was getting like 1 frame every couple of minutes. This last time, I was able to defeat base-ception with like 2 or 3 fps.

For those of you who have managed to kill the base-ception like me, does this problem happen again later on? Or is it just the first base that can do this?