Pachu's Custom Blocks - Old Stars - Wild West Themed Corp is here!

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Old Star Block update
and another mobility item added to Old Stars Vast wheel Catalog
-----------------------------------------
Old Star Daimond Tread
OS_Daimond_Tread.png

a more versatile track compared to the Wild Treads with a much higher ground clearance
----------------------------------------------
Also needed fixed towards the shield and Regain bubbles since the new shields added changed up the bubble codes along with other small fixes to other blocks.
  • Repair Generator
    • A new color and a truly broken appearance to the barrier.
    • No longer blocks enemy fire.
    • Slight increase to is drain when healing.

• Shield Generator
    • A new Color to match the Red core inside it

• Wild Treads
    • Increased ability to turn when paired with other wheels
  • Floater Fan
    • Minor Model Error Fix

Last edited:

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Brand New Teased Weapon
and
Block Model updates!
Block update.png
------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new Weapon
Old Star Heavy Iron Hydro Jet
Hydro_Jet_icon.png
  • Brand new ranged weapon for the Heavy Iron Faction of Old Star
  • Sprays high pressured water to break though rocks and pesky enemies interrupting your mining
  • Is larger, heavier but shorter ranged than the similar "Firebug" but can deal much more damage
  • Makes use of the fact that Old Star cabs lack the auto targeting that other cabs provide providing reliable manual aiming to quickly mine ores
  • Water is only pressurized when in use so this new weapon won't destroy you're tech if it is destroyed
Block model Updates​
  • Swivel Rollers​
  • Heavy Iron Clearance Wheel​
  • Heavy Iron Rollers
    • Updated Models and have been given Wheels that can match the aesthetic of Old Star​
    • all three have been given various Mobility Buffs to make them simpler to use​
Bug fixes​
  • Missing Block icon for Angled hover has been added

• Please notify me on the Main Terra Tech Discord if anything needs to be buffed/nerfed/Fixed and I will see what I can do or if its possible
    • issue with the Heavy Iron Compacter Cab's tendency to delete blocks - I'm still attempting to fix that

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Miner Update for Old Star
Miner Update.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 New melee Weapons for Old Star Heavy Iron
  • The small Gravel Grinder and the Large and HEAVY Mountain Scraper
    • Gravel Grinder
      • a small short ranged melee weapon great for small techs or for covering blind spots on melee techs that normal Geo Corp weapons are too big to use in.
    • Mountain Scraper
      • The Heaviest Item of Old Star.
      • High Damage for a melee if you can get close.
      • Can be stacked to make giant grinder walls.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 new Base Blocks to round out Old Star's Crafting/Refinery buildings
  • Receiver
  • Conveyor
  • Step Conveyor
  • Filter
  • Pace Maker
Bug fix
  • Fixed the strange grab box for the Old Star Refinery.

• Please notify me on the Main Terra Tech Discord if anything needs to be buffed/nerfed/Fixed and I will see what I can do or if its possible.​

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Cross Corp Blocks and New Weapon Type for Old Star
Pew Pew Update.png
Cross Corp Blocks
  • Something new I'm going to try as I haven't seen anyone else really try fusing a modded corp block with the vanilla corps
    • these are Part Old Star and Part Vanilla meaning the Vanilla halves CAN be recolored
    • will try with Basic Blocks first and see what everyone's opinions on them are
New Weapons
  • Old Star's constant "issues" with Better Future continue as now they have reverse engineered their Beam weapons
OS_Lense_Laser_Icon.png
  • Old Star Lens Laser
    • A Small simple beam type weapon.
    • Has a very limited fire angle but can provide consistent damage to targets in its vision.
OS_HA_Icon.png
  • Old Star Heavy Beam Gun
    • A Larger Beam weapon based on Better Futures "Laser Gatling".
    • Heavier but is actually a "Burst Fire" type of gun like Old Star's "Quick Draw".
    • An individual shot is weak but landing most of its incredibly quick firing 60 shot burst will cut though enemies.
    • Due to firing such large bursts the gun has become very volatile so it folding up when not in use provides it more health than most Old Star Blocks but try to not let it get destroyed on your tech.
Block Updates
Battery Model and Icon update

From OS_Battery_Icon.png
To OS_Battery_Icon.png
New Blender skills that I have learned/figured out has allowed me to update the model of the battery for a more smoother and better look for both parts of its model.
I will be working on getting more icons updated now that the beam weapons and experimental Cross Crop blocks are done. but as always,
Please notify me on the Main Terra Tech Discord if anything needs to be buffed/nerfed/Fixed and I will see what I can do or if its possible.

mt418

Jan 23, 2021
The new model for the Old Star External battery is broken.
Fully charged.
20210321181637_1.jpg
No charge.
20210321182013_1.jpg

Last edited:

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Cab_icon.pngHI_Cab_icon.pngOS_Combat_Cab_Icon.png
OS_HA_Icon.png
Simple Model Update.
Mechanics to The Compactor Cab and a Brand new Cab For Old Star
  • Model updates to the High Noon, Compactor Cabs and the Old Star Heavy Beam Gun.
  • The Heavy Beam Gun has had its lid remodeled to look less like a reskin and fit the aesthetics of Old Star.
  • High Noon Cab has had its model reworked to be on par with the newer cabs of Old Star.
    The Compactor Cab has had its destructive tendencies adjusted and been awarded with a new remodeling to its chassis
  • 8 New Attach points to sides of the cab have been added for more flexible use.
  • Holding blocks over its compactors should no longer damage them.
    • Because of this the cab cant reliably destroy rocks on its own but can when attached to others.
New Old Star Cab
Old Star Double Tap Cab
  • This new Cab has the same mobility as the High noon but with grip. But for its own safety I've limited its max speed to 45 to avoid it from taking too much damage when its on its own.
  • With how the High Noon focusing on surviving the fight, the Compactor can deal close quarter combat, The Double Tap was designed to take on the enemy and not get hit by weapons and survive the encounter.
  • Equipped with dual cannons this cab can deal with small enemies on its own but it lacks firing angles and HP.
  • With the fact it has built in weapons it comes with the auto aiming most cabs have.
  • Note that unlike the other Old Star Cabs, the Double Tap folds its wheels in when anything attaches to it like most cabs of Terra Tech.
As always please notify me on the Main Terra Tech Discord if anything needs to be buffed/nerfed/Fixed and I will see what I can do or if its possible.

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Hot-fix to the High Noon, Compactor, and Double Tap Cabs models and effects along with multiple Old Star Weapons that had errors in their fire effects.
  • Dynamite Mortar
  • Quick Draw
  • Rotary Auto Cannon
  • Lens Laser

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Flight Pack.pngnew pew pew.png
Old Star Flight Pack Update
New Flight, Transitional Slopes, Wheels and Weapons for Old Star
  • Flight Blocks
    • Center Wing Variants
      • Upper and Lower variants of the "Center Wing" which have 1 less Attach point on their respective layers for more streamlined looks.
    • Old Star Rifled Wing
      • A brand new type of wing for Old Star as it has a Rapid Fire Auto Cannon Mounted in the center of it.
        • DPS 380
        • Very narrow firing angle so you will need to aim the entire tech.
      • its a bit heavier than the other wings but that is the cost of adding a weapon and a wing together.
  • Wing Spacers
    • Small Segments of the wings that act as either flat tips or for more aesthetic layers for wings.
      • also comes in 3 variants to match the new set.
  • Wing Tips
    • Tipped Variants of the Left and Right Wings now classed as "Inner wings".
      • files for these are updated to reflect this.
  • Propeller
    • Old Star "DandeLion" Propeller
      • A mid sized propeller to the "Horizon" and "Dawnstar"
      • Boasts Superior forward thrust to the horizon and and equally powerful reverse thrust than both.
      • Features a center mounted Auto cannon
        • DSP 750
        • Lacks any firing angle so you will need to aim the entire tech.
      • Both Horizon and DawnStar have had their reverse thrust increased somewhat to not be out-shined by this but are still less than it.
  • Wheels
    • 2 Landing Gear Variants
      • Both have similar stats to the Old Star "Starter wheels" the "Caster Wheel set"
      • Limited AP placement but will ensure any plane using them properly will be able to land safely.
  • Transitional Slopes
    • 5 Similar stat Blocks with the purpose of streamlining a tech to the wings of Old Star
      • are as light and frail as similar sized non-Heavy Iron Old Star blocks.
  • Weapons
    • Old Star Tri-Star Machine Gun
      • A Truly Rapid weapon with quick aiming speed.
      • Short to Mid range.
      • 3 active guns on a fully traversing turret.
      • DPS 600
    • Old Star Cavalry Cannon
      • Another Quick turning weapon for Old Star.
      • Short to Mid Range
      • Single Cannon on a fully traversing turret.
      • DPS 350
Preview Tech
OS Flying Fortress.png
As always please notify me on the Main Terra Tech Discord if anything needs to be buffed/nerfed/Fixed and I will see what I can do or if its possible.

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Old Star Sloped Block Rework, Updates and more
Curved Rework and more.png
  • Nearly all the Sloped blocks from old Star have had a model overhaul for a more smoother and streamlined appearance.
  • The Basic Block folder in its entirety has also been reworked for better sorting and each block has obtained a better collider and for the annoying thin pole blocks, A bigger grab box.
  • Update the entire Basic Block folder to ensure you got everything that got updated
  • Wheel Blocks have obtained 2 new additions and the Steam wheel has had a model update.
  • The Heavy Wagon Wheels in single and Dualies flavors.
    • These wheels are straight upgrades to the Wagon wheel from size to power.
  • The Steam Wheel has had its model updated to have a thinner collider and not stick out the side of techs too much.
Old Star Straight Six Engine

• Old Star now have their own buff block in the form of an engine.
  • Provides torque and ups the top speed of your techs.
  • at the cost of techs turning abilities to where letting off the gas will let you turn better.
  • technically it lowers your side to side friction so that even Geocorp's metal wheels can also perform power slides.
  • only the wheels grippiest sideways friction can't slide.
  • The Ice biom will treat your tech as if it is on hovers
  • Boasts an Old Star logo shaped ornament on the radiator.