Pachu's Custom Blocks - Old Stars - Wild West Themed Corp is here!

Coolboy01

Jan 3, 2020
i really hope you did turn your game off then booted it up as i tried your "fix" and it only worked for 1 session.

• As in i changed the code,
  • Loaded the game
  • confirmed the "Fix" is working
  • CLOSED THE GAME as in Turned it off
  • loaded up the game and its back to corrupted textures

- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -

I'll still be making more blocks for old star but until the texture issue is solved we will just have to deal with it .
Just started the game again. Works just fine. I'm using the stable version. 1.4.3
Screenshot (802).png
I know said I changed the "coding", but all I actually did was change the name of textures as I showed earlier. I know nothing about actual coding.

Reactions: Aardvark123

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
well its been a while since the last post
but don't worry. it took a while
I'M 100% SURE THAT OLD STAR IS NOW FIXED!!
Display.png

All files in the link are updated.
if any errors are found please notify me

with the texture fix all of of Old Star there is also:
- all instances of "Brass" on all blocks now glow at night
- models have been touched up with either more details, less errors and/or reduced the amount of shine
- 4 new Blocks
and certain blocks now sport the Old Star Logo

Now everyone can enjoy Old Star in its iconic shade of brown instead of a texture error!
enjoy everyone!

Last edited:

Sep 26, 2020
From what I can tell, it seems to have something to do with the gyro and flywheel. At least on my end. The gloss textures on those two blocks seem to affect how the game reads it. Removing those textures seemed to have made it display correctly on every other OS block.

Edit: Legionite found a potential fix in moving the gyros to another folder and then removing the "Accesory Blocks" folder.

Last edited:

Coolboy01

Jan 3, 2020
From what I can tell, it seems to have something to do with the gyro and flywheel. At least on my end. The gloss textures on those two blocks seem to affect how the game reads it. Removing those textures seemed to have made it display correctly on every other OS block.

Edit: Legionite found a potential fix in moving the gyros to another folder and then removing the "Accesory Blocks" folder.
I had the exact same thing.

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Hello again its been a good while since my last post.
Made a Quick set of aesthetic blocks for Old Star for more creativity for you all along with a snapshot for you to see how one can use the new blocksOS_Angled_Fencing_Icon.pngOS_Fencing_Icon.pngOS_Long_Fencing_Icon.pngOS_Mid_Fencing_Icon.png
Wagon.png

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Old Star Has Tank Tracks now

OS_Wild_Tread_R.pngOS_Wild_Tread_L.png
Compared to the "Heavy Iron Rollers"
- its Better Mobility
- more reasonable attach points
also i gave some slight adjustments to the suspension of the rollers to match the height of these

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Old Star's Heavy Iron Update!!!
"IS THAT A ONE BLOCK!?"

the Blocks.png
Old Star is finally diving into its sub-faction "Heavy Iron" by bringing in some real weight into Old Star's Block line up.
These new blocks, when compared to their non-Heavy Iron variants, have 3 times more weight AND hit points.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for the Issue with the One Blocks
OS_Single_Block_Icon.png
If i did its stats compared to the rest of old star. . . .
it would have 50 HP and a near 0 weight.
To change this I've updated nearly all the basic blocks for Old Star that needed it to make this block have at least 150 HP while its Heavy Iron variant having 450 HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also the Old Star SCU has been updated with working LEDs
There will be more Heavy Iron Blocks in the future and maybe balance changes to other Old Star blocks.
so ensure to tell me in the discord if anything needs adjustments and ill see what i can do.​

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Old Star Eternal Steam Engine Update
OS_Engine_Icon.png
I have reworked the entirety of the Steam engine
New model to match the aesthetics of Old Star
New animations
(Thanks to the help of Legionite)

and Guaranteed to mess with any build that used its old design
(Sorry)

Make sure you remove the Old version to avoid any overlap in parts​

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Old Star's All Aboard Update
now available!
All abord update.png
This update includes a train plow split into 3 for your building needs
and Old Stars 100th block!
A lamp!

(why did i take so long to make one lol)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Train Plows are one of Old Stars most durable items as they are meant to be able to take a collision
and knock them away with just their sheer durability but note that they are NOT melee weapons.
Just a set of VERY durable parts with the weight to back them up.

As for the New Lamp.
Old Star Finally has a way to light its own path!
It only takes one block space and has fairly standard stats for Old Star.

Thank you for enjoying my mods everyone Block 100 is not going to be the final one so expect more blocks in the future!

Shout out to all the modders in the discord for their help up to this point from their feedback to the coding issues, Plus their input on that awful texture issue that Old Star had.

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Another Block for Old Star's Sub-Faction
But ITS A MELEE WEAPON!

Old Star Heavy Iron Hammer Striker
OS_Hammer_Flail_Icon.png
The Hammer Striker is a spinning hammer made for striking ore filled rocks for simple harvesting.
Using counterweights and two powerful motors, the hammer can keep going with near zero effort with little worry about getting jammed.
The Hammer is a very durable piece but keep in mind the power needed to spin it can get very volatile if it gets critically compromised!

TheGreenDigi

Nov 30, 2020
Any chance of having some of the Old Star blocks spread throughout Venture's different tiers instead of locking them all to rank 3 similarly to how Green Tech is spread through GSO 3-5 ranks? Asking cause by the time you get to Venture 3 quite a few of these blocks are just overshadowed by other corps, even by lots of stuff venture has themselves. A ton of the stuff this corp has to offer would be much more fitting for the early-game when you first unlock Venture, and things such as the Heavy Iron blocks, weapons, and the steam power blocks could be locked higher up due to their power.

With so many cheap wooden blocks this seems like the perfect corp to have in the early game but it's just completely locked out for you buying them or finding them til you get Venture 3, and yea while crafting them is solid you have to get lucky enough to get an early venture payload terminal from some random spawning tec. I just personally would like to see this corp spread throughout Venture tier 1-3 since it'd be a perfect corp to get earlier on compared to the other modded corps.

Either way, amazing job, all the work you've done is just spectacular and this corp is one of the best in my opinion.

Last edited:

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
its been a while but. .
New Wheels for Olds Star (again)
Old Star Caster and Dual Caster Wheels
OS_Caster_Wheel_Icon.pngOS_Dual_Caster_Wheels_Icon.png
These are small Intro wheels to allow new players to see how Old Star chooses to move around,
with decent ground clearance and mobility.

These wheels will be available at Venture Grade 1 as I'm still slowly adjusting Old star to slowly release itself between venture's grades

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016

Old Star Wagon Wheel Now Available
OS_Wagon_Wheel_icon.png

why do i keep making wheels lol
A larger and more powerful step up from the caster wheel.
Along with the inclusion of this wheel:
  • Both of the "Carriage" Wheels and the "Heavy Iron" wheel have been adjusted with better handling.
  • Nearly all of Old Star has been spread out amongst the grades of Venture.
    • I recommend re installing all of the blocks again to see how the blocks are now spread out
Please tell me if something needs to be fixed and I will see if it is something that needs fixing or tell why the particular block does what it does.

(preview tech)
OS Truck.png

Jan 20, 2021
Idea: hook cannon (1x1x1, a basic weapon that hooks on to blocks from other techs and damages them over time)
Idea 2: old star nail panel (4x1x1, a front mounted wooden panel with nails sticking out, its light and can do a moderate amount of damage)
Idea 3: old star wild horse AI (4X4X4, Rounded on the front, light and strong with pretty quick built in wheels at the bottom, works the same as all AI cabs (I think you can just take the code from another ai cab and put in in the block file or idk)).

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Old Star Heavy Iron Galleon Anchor Released
OS_HI_Galleon_Icon.png

With Old Star's Advancements in Hover tech they needed a way to keep them from floating away. Fortunately Better Future knows how but there is no way Old Star will work with them let (alone buy one), but fortunately they found a wrecked H.U.B.L.E. drone in the mountains with its Sky anchor free to grab and so. . . The Old Star Heavy Iron Galleon Anchor was created.
(that texture issue from last year still leaves a Better future sized sour spot for me so why not have Old Star make use of a fortunate discovery lol)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Galleon Anchor is part of Old Star's "Heavy Iron" line up so expect a block heavier and sturdier than the rest of Old Star's non Heavy Iron set.
Keep expecting more Heavy Iron Blocks from me as I'm still going to keep expanding its range of items.​

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
another day another block is completed
Old Star Angled Floater Fan Released
OS_Angled_Hover_Icon.png
Functionality wise this acts as a stabilizer for Old Star based hover techs
and mechanically wise this Hover has a gimballed fan compared to the standard
stat wise this will be similar to the Original Floater fan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edits to the Original Floater Fan model have been made to match this one as well as
a quick fix to the Galleon Anchor's very low anchoring range has been made

Burrasaurs

Aug 26, 2020
BUG > if you get a block from your inventory then hover over the old star heavy iron computer cab it will break the block without you having too place it.