Pachu's Custom Blocks - Old Stars - Wild West Themed Corp is here!

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Hello there! I am here to provide some feedback and suggestions for this lovely corproration!
Firstly i have a problem with the heavy iron rollers. Their carry weight needs a drastic buff, along with their turning ability. But otherwise its pretty good!

The rotary autocannon buff is a step in the right direction, but it definitely needs more damage, as it still feels quite underpowered. It suffers from big bertha syndrome, too big and not enough damage to make up for the massive size.
glad to have some feedback but:
- the thing with the tracks is that im still updating them to work properly but they are currently at a point where is more of a suspension bug that nearly all tank tracks in terratech have and since the rollers are based on venture ones they really suffer from it till there are 8 of them and nobody knows how to fix that.
- i Currently still mess around with it and try to improve as i keep moving forward with my corp as i do update it everytime i release new blocks for this corp so if you only downloaded it when it was first released try downloading them again to see if you have the updated one or not

as for the rotary
- the Auto Cannon is actually fairly balanced
- for its size it actually doesn't weigh that much and has a similar footprint and weight to the Hawkeye Naval Gun, Sure its not equal to it but can aim faster and deal damage quicker to groups of techs better than the naval due to faster turning speed even with its reload
- also its size is probly the only thing it can compare to the bertha as unlike the bertha it is, for its size, a lightweight, turreted auto cannon that has to spin up to burst fire 60 Explosive rounds
- 1896 dps is what the target in R&D saysand its not bad for a gatling but it doesnt show you the AOE damage that each shot does and thats one of its perks for it
- its also ment to relate to how gatlings back in the day were massive horse drawn weapons that needed alot of space and its own stand to operate

Last edited:

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
OH BOY THE TRAIN IS HERE
OLD STAR NOW HAVE POWER BLOCKS!!

A Batter, Bubble Generators, THE ENGINE ITSELF!
The Old Star Energy Update is here!!
(and a few block updates)

First the Battery:
Old Star External Battery
OS_Battery_Icon.png
- As big as the GeoCorp Battery but only attaches from below
- Like the rest of Old Star its lighter than it looks

- Don't let it break

next the Bubbles:
Old Star Shield and Bubble Projectors
Shield Gen_icon.pngRepair Gen_icon.png
- To Old Star, Shield and Repair Bubbles are too high tech for them so they are bound to have some errors (these on on purpose)
- Equal size to Hawkeye, energy drain and heal rate have Old Star Blocks in mind
- Also don't let them break these are unstable tec from Old Star

and now the main power plant of Old Star:
Old Star Eternal Steam Engine
Engine_icon.png
- Its Large
- Its Heavy
- It will roll coal like no tomorrow
- place it on any tech and it will start making power just mind the size
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preview Tech
Preview tech 7.png
Yea those bubbles seem pretty hectic
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
for block updates
Its the Rollers again (who knew)
they have been adjusted to help with their turning issue

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
with the knowledge gained form the Heavy Iron Rollers, I give you
SWIVEL ROLLERS!!
(also Carriage wheels updated)
Swivel_Roller_Icon.png
- Smol
- Quick
- 3 wheels for the price of 1
- suffers from suspension bug (technically a tank track)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Carriage Wheels updated to work better

Epic afdc

Mar 8, 2016
I am here to provide feedback once again! This time it's mostly praise! The power blocks are both beautifully modeled and good in general. And the heavy iron rollers have vastly improved! The new swivel rollers, while a bit janky, function really well! I now have an old star tech that i use as a battle tech...and it functions great!

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
One of my oldest concepts. . . now finally a working block!!!
Old Star - Dynamite Mortar!

Dynamite_Mortar_icon.png
- to its namesake its a mortar that fires dynamite sticks
- with no target it has VERY poor range so be careful
- with a target it will either arch it or direct fire depending on how close they are
- does not home in but can make up with its AOE
- Dynamite sticks have TWO charges One of any initial impact and a Timed fuse that detonates the whole thing
-its large and since it shoots dynamite so. . . DO NOT BREAK IT

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
well I know i said this would be a grounded corp but. . . . wooden planes exist and with the lightest modded blocks in the game. . .

REACH FOR THE SKY UPDATE IS HERE
Take To the skies.png

- Basic Lightweight wings
- Left, Right and Center wings Plus a Tailfin
- 2 Turboprop Engines
- Dawnstar Radial Engine
- Horizon Engine

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Old Star Update
New Blocks! New Cab! and a "HOVER" Block!?

First The new Old Star Gyros!
OS_flywheel_Icon.png
The Passive Flywheel Gyro
OS_Gyro_Icon.png
And the Active "Spherical" Gyro
- all your Top heavy OS tech problems are now solved

tho do tell me if they are on the weak end and ill see what i can do

A new Cab for Old Star's Sub-branch Heavy Iron!
The Compactor Cab
HI_Cab_icon.png
- It is Big
- It is Heavy
- And when it doesn't need its own wheels to move it along they double as MELEE WEAPONS
and finally the Hover
The Old Star "Floater" Fan
OS_Hover_Icon.png
- Why Yes there is a propeller under there
- It Just Works

Attachments

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
New Grand Fan Hover and a Basic Block that is just as big

OS_Big_Hover_Icon.png4x4_icon.png
There are also various Block updates for the wheels and Gyros so update them if you wish
- Gyro icons fixed and the Flywheel has an increase in power
- Both Carriage wheels had their stats adjusted
- Clearance Wheel was slowed down as it was too fast for a "Heavy Iron" wheel

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Two more wheels for Old Star this time its For Heavy Iron!

The Old Star Rugged Wheel
Old_Star_Rugged_wheel_icon.png
and The Old Star Rugged Hub Wheel
Old_Star_Rugged_Hub_wheel_icon.png
- Both wheels are meant to be how the Heavy Iron get their gear around between job sites.
- Both are made with solid Rubber tires capable of taking a few hits from rocks and trees
- Just don't let any enemy fire or ACTUAL fire get near them as the rubber is flammable
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also Old Star block have been spell checked thanks to @Clou∂ on the discord
if you havent yet go ahead and download the whole set again if the spelling and grammar errors bothered you

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Big Model Update for most of the older Old Star Blocks
Display Tech.png
Nearly all my early Wheel Blocks have had a model update to be more up to date with my current skills with Blender
Also
New Blocks!
OS_Impeller_icon.png
Adjustment Impeller
- Is eventually an adjustment thruster
- 4 Strong thrusters but only 1 side for APs

And a much needed Slope Block
OS_Curved_Slope_Block_icon.png
The Curved Slope Block!

- All slope blocks are now in one folder and have all been visually updated

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated models are
- Carriage
- Large Carriage
- Chariot
- Heavy Iron Wheel
- Heavy Iron Rollers
(icons included)

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Base Builders get ready as Old Star now has Fully animated Base blocks for you to build with!

Old Star Mobile Refinery
OS_Mobile_Refinery_Icon.png
- Cannot Anchor
- Useful for mobile techs/bases

Old Star Mobile Delivery Cannon
OS_Delivery_Cannon_icon.png
- Cannot Anchor

Old Star Collector
OS_Collector_Icon.png
(im keeping it in base blocks folder)

Old Star Cooled Silo
OS_Silo_Icon.png
- Can hold FIVE separate stacks
- Cannot Anchor due to anchor space taken by the new collector beam and cooling system to keep the fibron from being ignited by the collector

And Two Base anchors that CAN anchor

Both a Standard and Rotating are available

They are both near identical exept by the anchor
OS_Base_Anchor_icon.png

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
OS_SCU_icon.png
why yes that IS an SCU
Old Star Mobile SCU
- No anchor
- Barely any HP
- AP only on the bottom
- Explodes when damaged
- Has the range of the GC SCU
- Also emits smoke
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Custom animations are not a thing yet but i REALLY love the mechanicle animation from the GC SCU
and all honesty its feels mostly like a reskined GC SCU imo but with a few Old star spins (including exploding)

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Old Star Update
Sweet Curves update!

Smooth.png

With much trial and error I've finally done it!
OLD STAR IS NO LONGER FORCED TO BE BLOCKY
all these blocks have equal stats to the original slope block

and yes in the middle that is 100% a new weapon

The Old Star Firebug Flamethrower!
Old star needed a weapon that can keep a constant DPS and is small but I didn't want to make another bullet weapon and that's how the Firebug was created. Its base is also meant to line up with the brand new slope blocks for some nice lines
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
all new slope blocks are in the slope block folder, re-download for an icon updated for for the older ones too

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Old Star Weapons Update!
Double the explosions with two more guns

Old Star Barrel Cannon
Barrel_Cannon_icon.png

- Fires Rounds Similar to the Dynamite Mortar but do less damage
- Can deal constant fire with them instead
- rounds can be deflected with enough bullet spam
- Each round does half of the damage the Dynamite Mortar's can do
Old Star Raid Barrel Sponson
Raid_Barrel_icon.png
- A sideways mounted Cannon that has a wide horizontal arch but a narrow vertical arch
- Fires low damage explosive rounds that also explode twice
- are less likely to be deflected but can still be deflected with enough bullet spam
- Each round does half of the damage the Barrel Cannon can do

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
Old Star Update
Wheels with aesthetics and block balancing

Old Star Wheels With Fenders Both large and small

OS_Large_Fender_icon.png
OS_Left_Fender_icon.pngOS_Right_Fender_icon.png
These Wheels have similar stats to each other and are mainly to help add some aesthetics to Old Star and can also double as landing gear
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for the main part of this post
Nerfs
High noon Cab
- has had its top speed nerfed by 50% its top speed is now around 50 even when 6 of them are linked together

Dynamite mortar
- Damage Per Shot(1000 - > 500), Explosion knock back (1000 - > 500) , explosion damage (1000 - > 500) have been reduced
Barrel Cannon
- Damage Per Shot (250 - > 175), Explosion knock back (1000 - > 500), explosion damage (250 - > 175) and explosion radius (20 ->10)have been reduced
Raid Barrel Sponsion
- Damage Per Shot (125 - > 75), Explosion knock back (500 - > 250), explosion damage (125 - > 75) and explosion radius (20 - > 5) have been greatly reduced to not over shadow its "upgraded" variants

Buffs
Rotary Auto Cannon

- No longer has to reload but slightly longer delay between shots

Firebug
- Can now be used more effectively when on the move
Bubble Projectors (Shield and Repair)
- Bubbles are now centered on the block to better cover techs

Rugged Wheels (both variants)
- Torque increased to assists its problems with hills and turning
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
all block updates are in their respective folders in the google drive link on the first post

Last edited:

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
The blocks work for me but I can't get the skins to work. Any idea how to fix this?
This issue is actually in the block injector and is still in ongoing investigation on why its like this. but fret not as they are making progress on getting it fixed and I'm still creating blocks for Old Star and also an upcoming Skin for Old Stars as well.
OS Preview.png
So hold on and bare with the texture bug for now as we get it fixed

Coolboy01

Jan 3, 2020
This issue is actually in the block injector and is still in ongoing investigation on why its like this. but fret not as they are making progress on getting it fixed and I'm still creating blocks for Old Star and also an upcoming Skin for Old Stars as well.
View attachment 34466
So hold on and bare with the texture bug for now as we get it fixed
At least I Know now that I'm not the only one with the problem.
New skin looks cool btw.

Reactions: Zazi