Pacemaker Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by reaperx1, Jan 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

I have been thinking of this for a while and have finally remembered to post it.

What I am suggesting is to have the pacemaker blocks more versatile in it's role.
    So instead of working on the whole tech all the time as default we could set it to just the line that it is connected to.
    That way we could have one line on turbo, one on normal, one on slow and one paused if we liked.
    Now think of the possibilities while taking into consideration that we can move techs with resources and there could be some really cool automated techs that could come out of this.
    Also it would provide a better way to control resource flows on the more complicated bases that would help to reduce bottlenecking caused by various setups that should work, but do not do so reliably.

What do you think? Let me know below.

Have a good one [8D)

2. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member

Like.
    And as we already have production line separation maybe this is not hard to code in.
    maybe same way like Rclik many, so left side (for example) is whole tech, and then have 3 speed settings, and right side is just a production line that pacemaker is connected to and also have 3 speed settings, then pause can be on top and wold apply to pause actual setup, so if it was line it will pause line, if it is whole tech it will pause all lines. This is just so pause can be easy to find and click fast in troubled times :)
    And maybe triangle on peacemaker can light blue for line set and red for tech set...

3. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

That's about what I was thinking. I figure it would be like the radial menu's with the 6 options you have mentioned, but the hard part might be trying to separate the conveyors by lines from each other when there are more that one pacemaker involved.
    I hope it is an easy one.

Have a good one [8D)

4. GamerParrish

GamerParrish Well-Known Member

Plus, if you go to pillars biome, set up a quick base with a pacemaker on turbo. Instant money, I have over 2 mil on campaign save JUST form that.

reaperx1 likes this.
  5. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

I think I missed something!
    How do you get instant money with a small base in the pillar biome?
    I'm guessing this is a bug or some sort of exploit that I haven't read about.

Have a good one [8D)

6. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member

He does not have respect for beautiful environment in Pillars biome! :D :p He probably chop down all resources and sell them.

reaperx1 likes this.
  7. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

I didn't think there was ever enough resources in that biome to cut them down and get and serious amount of quick money. Like the 2,000,000 mentioned above.
    I'm going to have to check out my nearest pillar biome to see if something has changes since that last time. I guess I should start looking for one.

Have a good one [8D)

8. Boomik

Boomik ...

It's because the pillars biome is full of crystals to sell.

reaperx1 likes this.
  9. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

Nice, thanks! I actually stumbled across a pillar biome while flying around working on a showcase and noticed that there were a ton of resource spikes all over the place.
    I now know where I am going to set up my crafting/mining base ;).

Have a good one [8D)

10. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

I got thinking about this and it seems to me that it might be really handy to have a reverse option on the pacemaker even if it does control the whole tech.
    There are many ways of using that in multi tech builds. That is what made me think of it in the first place ;).

Have a good one [8D)

Benbacon likes this.