Website
github.com
ttmm.png
Font provided by Sylver
TTMM
This version of TTMM is no longer available
For newer versions, please look here: TTMM 2

DISCLAIMER:
FILES ON THE CLOUD ARE PROTECTED, AND ONLY GIVE ACCESS TO MODS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE A LEGITIMATE COPY OF THE GAME. LEAKING GAME FILES IS CONSIDERED ILLEGAL. THIS PROGRAM CHANGES THE EXISTING FILES OF THE GAME AND CREATES NEW ONES. THE GAME IS BACKED UP TO THE PC DIRECTORY WHEN FILES ARE CHANGED.
THIS PROGRAM USES THE MEGAAPI, AN API SERVICE THAT ALLOWS ENCRYPTED STORAGE AND TRANSFERRING ON THE PROTECTED MEGA CLOUD. DO NOT ABUSE THIS SERVICE.
FILES SHARED ON CLOUD ARE PRONE TO MODIFICATION BY CERTIFIED MODERATORS WITHOUT WARNING.
FILES CAN BE GRABBED FROM OTHER SOURCES. THEY ARE NOT REGULATED.

You must ensure that any content you create with a Game or relating to a Game (including any mod):
- does not infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person
- does not contravene any applicable law or regulation
- is not offensive, defamatory, objectionable or inappropriate to be viewed by children under the age of 10
- does not contain any virus, trojan horse, malware, spyware or hidden content

Download, MEGA Link: Link (Download the latest one)

Uploading:
If you want to upload a mod, the first thing that you would want to do is apply your mod to the version of the game made for. Once you do this, create a copy of the TerraTech64_Data in a different location, and remove all the files which are not changed with the mod. Once you're ready, drag n' drop the folder to the required place in the upload, and fill out the rest.
- ONLY KEEP NEEDED FILES FOR MOD

Unzipping & External Downloads:

Decrypting .zip files from a download will spew out all the contents of it to that file's location. Names of these files mean nothing at all. Downloads from other locations allow for having mods be more dynamic. Like GitHub, for example. If a file ends with .link, after the normal format of that download, TTMM will download from that location inside the file. This can be combined with the unzipping for very cool stuff. For example: file.zip.link with the text inside set to https://example.com/files/examplezip.zip will download the file data into file.zip, then extract to the file's folder.

Creating Image Link:

For the Image Receiver. If you want an Image Link, (Functional as of 3,0,0 ) add to the name of the image both 'ttmmlink' and 'ttmmendlink'. Within the two, add your key phrase for finding the mod. Do remember that any '-' or '_' or '+' will be turned into a space. It also does not (currently) work through keywords. Just phrases. To test it yourself, you can try to drag the above image to the receiver! ALSO: Caps is unimportant. Don't think it is.

Making Changes to ROOT:
New feature as of 4,1,0 is the allowance to add mod files and folders to the root of the game. To do this, all you have to do is create a folder at the beginning of your upload called %root%. What this will do is make the program run a special prototype import, which only creates files if they are not game (or game made) files, and allows creation of disposable folders. If a (game) folder already exists, it can still put more folders or files in it. What it can NOT do is access the _Data folder. That's out of the %root% folder. So, technically, you can make uploads which give players a list of cool techs. Due to changes with saves, probably not that. In case you're confused, think of it like this: Just like how you edit the assembly file with:
"My Mod Name\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll",
you can make a mod with a tech with:
"My Mod Name\%root%\DynamicLaunch.exe"

If you still have questions, let me know

Avast! (free antivirus) apparently returns a false positive for this program. Don't be concerned, I'm not that kind of guy.
If there are any other false positives, please do let me know.

Thanks goes to @Doctype for aid in development

Update Log image will change

UPDATE LOG (Image):

Log.png

If you have any problems, please let me know.

Last edited:

Masakari

I am all for this if you can get together with the modders in here to hammer out the system and eventually maybe get Payload Studios to incorporate into the game or, at the very least, have heavy support for it (once the game is completed that is and officially ready for mods since they would then have more time to help/manage/bug fix it).

I have yet to try any of the current mods that are floating around here, but a unified system to install/remove and manage mods is always a great thing if not already built (or planned to be) into the game, and even if there is like with nexus mod manager, Bethesda games (which, if not for the modders would probably die off since they do most of the fixing it seems) and other games that use the NMM.

In the past and the way to modding games like StarCraft, Homeworld, and Battlezone 2 when modding started to take hold, were such a pain as you could easily screw up the games if you did not properly adjust/copy files and pathways. Don't know how many times I had to reinstall because of that.

maritaria

Website
nuterra.tech
First off I want to say I think its amazing you are dedicating your time to make something we are going to need soon :D
The rest of this is me talking about things that I think are wrong and can be improved, use at own discression.
Also I think the icon is dope :D

Distribution

You packaged your application in a zip twice.
You present your application as a link to a hidden folder. Which threw me off for a second (i have hidden folders enabled) but someone may think you accidentally uploaded a link instead of an actual exe. Also it looks kinda shady (users have no reason to trust you, so dont hide things away).

You should include:
- The exe of the program (*.exe)
- The dlls the program depends on (*.dll)
- The files required for execution (*.exe.config)

You dont need to include:
- Debug symbols (*.pdb)
- DLL documentation (*.xml)
- The Visual Studio helper host process (*.vshost.exe)

Consider using Github to distribute your software (you dont need to upload code, just upload releases)
With this you get your own wiki, bug tracking system and download counts for free as well :)
Plus mega is a bit shady when it comes to distributing software.

UI
1. Initial splash screen has no close button
2. Initial splash screen always shows "waiting" cursor when hovering over TOS textbox
3. Folder path selection should look like a textbox (with left aligned text) and a button to the right with 3 dots in them.
4. You used a trackbar instead of a scrollbar (using a ListBox should have builtin scrollbar)
5. The list of items you present is done using a textbox. You want to use a ListBox here instead, it is a better interface to communicate to the user that you are presenting a list with selectable items in it.
6. Layout of elements (margin and padding) is inconsistent.
7. The window says it is resizable, but you dont allow it.
8. Some parts of the UI are transparent, specifically the box on the left, which contains some blue box but shows what is behind the window in a border around the blue box.

Exceptions
You havent caught all exceptions which can cause your application to crash. This probably because you made some assumptions such as: "the user will click a thing before clicking this other button". In these situations: disable the button until the program is in a state that you know wont crash it if the button is click and also perform a check when pressing the button to make sure you wont crash later on.

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: node
at CG.Web.MegaApiClient.MegaApiClient.DownloadFile(INode node, String outputFile)
at TerraTech_Mod_Manager__TEST_.MainM.Update(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\aceba1.AH-LT-ARNCEB20\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\TerraTech Mod Manager (TEST)\TerraTech Mod Manager (TEST)\MainM.cs:line 438
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

Deviating from common UI design descisions will confuse users.

Closing
I want to make clear that Im wanting to present this as constructive criticism; I know you spend a lot of time on making this and hope you will continue its development and also I hope you will find these pointers helpfull in terms of improving your software :)

Last edited:

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
Thank you for giving me this criticism, I really need this!

UI: The UI, I agree, is pretty bad for some things, and is mostly inconsistent.
The box at the main frame which is transparent is supposed to soon be a place where clients can drag images and download a file corresponding to that image. More like a torrent, really.
Windows resizing is not meant to exist for this. I should probably change the scale for the UI and certain elements to be laid out better...

File Sharing: I wanted the users not to be intimidated by trying to find the single exe file in the big list, so I made a shortcut to it. I also decided to make that folder hidden...
Thank you for letting me know what I don't need when distributing, and how to distribute it properly. I'll try to go towards that for future updates. Hopefully, updates can be done with the program itself. It should work.

Exceptions: They are a problem, and currently, if the program reaches one, it will notify the user and close. I was originally hoping that users can try to find these exceptions and describe what they did to get to it, but this definitely helps. Than you for that.

Right now, pretty much nearly everything that you listed is my goal for this. That aso means that I have to learn how to use GitHub. Only problem with that, I'm not sure if it allows the program to access the file without difficulty. I can try to emulate something with an internet browser download thing, but I'm not too sure. I might still have a backup for the program itself to take it from.

Also, side note, for the first window you see, you can leave it by pressing the button without the check mark. The dialog pops up, and when that closes, everything closes. I should probably remove this soon.

I think the icon is dope :D
Thank you! You have no idea how much better I feel about myself because of that!

Last edited:

maritaria

Website
nuterra.tech
1. Create a github account
2. Create a github repository (dont worry about selecting a license or gitignore, thats only if you upload source)
3. Create a README.md file; this file is the frontpage of your repo and is displayed to new users.
4. Create a CHANGELOG.md file; in here you can log changes you make to the software (example)
5. Goto the releases page to upload new releases:

6. Start making a new release:

7. Fill in release info:

A: Choose a TAG, this marks the current state of the repository (the code, but also *.md files) as the version being released. Make sure you update the CHANGELOG.md before tagging the repository.
B: Choose a title for your release
C: Add a description of the current release, usefull to state changes in here (optionally, copy them over from CHANGELOG.md)
D: Drag and drop files that can be downloaded for the release; here you want to create a zip with the files of your release, name it something like "TerraTech Mod Manager v###.zip"

Note: Besides the zip you upload, 2 more files will appear in the download list; these are for downloading the contents of the repository (usually source code, but here just the *.md files) at the tagged version.

8. Finish the release:

And thats it :D

Now github has many more features like creating a wiki and tracking bugs. To access these, goto the front page of your repository and click on the "Wiki" tab to access and create the wiki, or the "Issues" tab to access bug reporting.

Note: Anyone with a github account can create and edit the wiki of a repository.

P

Pink Kitty

Well done!

Imma wait until it's matured slightly :)

But mod managers are a great way to increase accessibility for non-hacker types, at least until TT get native mod support.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
I have updated the program again, this may be my last for a while. I hope that this works for the needs of people who want to share their mods, and implement mods of other's into the game, all while keeping the game's main files safe.

Have a good day...

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
May I please have a dump of possible suggestions and/or problems for my program, for once I am able to get to writing it again? I kind of feel like no one cares about it's existence.

May I please have a dump of possible suggestions and/or problems for my program, for once I am able to get to writing it again? I kind of feel like no one cares about it's existence.
Most people don't care for mods yet - that's the problem. I don't need a mod manager if I don't use mods.

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
I updated this again, now with more functionality than before! I put in a feature that I've wanted since the first release, automated updates, reworked a lot of code, added another feature, and was able to pack it up to the cloud!

NOTICE MY HARD WORK

(Also, all compressed to a zip, it's almost 1 MB)

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
Yes, as some have been declaring, this program does trigger a false positive. I'm not sure why, but it could either be because it does things like creating files, deleting files, and downloading files semi-autonomously from a cloud. Trust me, I did not design it to jeopardize the safety of anyone or anything, but to enforce it. If you can tell me what part of it has been read as malicious, and what it is described to be capable of, that would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.