Our Revised Dev Cycle for TerraTech

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hi Everyone!

We wanted to provide an update on the development process for TerraTech, how it's changing and what it will mean for you, the players.

For Steam updates, our usual development cycle for a 6 week milestone has been:
  • 1st 2 weeks of development leading to the release of a TT Unstable update
  • 2nd 2 weeks of development leading to the release of another TT Unstable update
  • 3rd 2 weeks of hardening to fix bugs and balance game features, releasing multiple TT Unstable updates until our QA team are happy for the latest TT Unstable release to be promoted as a Stable update for everyone.
Going forward, in order to accommodate development time required to update the console versions of the game and to ensure sufficient time is assigned to QA all versions of TerraTech, we are dropping the TT Unstable update from the 1st 2 weeks.

This means that for every milestone, there will be development over the first 4 weeks in the run up to the first TT Unstable update from now on.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Thanks for letting us all know what's going on in there, guys. :)
we are dropping the TT Unstable update from the 1st week.
So to clarify, you'll be coding up just as much new content, but it will all come in one lump, at the end of 4 weeks? (So QA time can be saved testing the first unstable.)

And you're letting us know now because we're reaching the end of the first 2 weeks of a new cycle, but you won't be releasing a new unstable for a further 2 weeks, still?

I hope the console bug fixing is coming to fruition, by the way.:)

Darkrain1990

Any news at all on the console update I do love this game and I can play it again and again start fresh but we need something new I feel that the console update should come before anything else

Sai Wun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hi @Darkrain1990 We're currently working on Xbox One and PS4 updates to get the new Better Future content into the game. Both versions are currently going through compliance testing so we're ready to submit them for certification. So if that goes well, we aim to have updates sometime this month.

Darkrain1990

Hi @Darkrain1990 We're currently working on Xbox One and PS4 updates to get the new Better Future content into the game. Both versions are currently going through compliance testing so we're ready to submit them for certification. So if that goes well, we aim to have updates sometime this month.
Thank you for replying I’m so excited for this update to come out and see what I can create

Captain Load

I'm gonna miss the more frequent updates. Really, REALLY hope that a major crafting rebalance and/or overhaul is in the works. Crafting needs to matter again and a casual campaign needs to last longer than six to eight hours.