Option to Skip Cosmetic Rotations

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Mehve, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Mehve

Mehve Well-Known Member

This may have been already posted, but I couldn't find it:

Something that gets annoying very quickly is when you're cycling through all the various block orientations, and 3/4 of the clicks effectively do nothing but move the paintjob. Blocks like the GC 2x2x4 or the Hawkeye 1x1x2 can go through a lot of changes without actually altering their orientation or attachment point layout. And you don't dare rapid-click through it, since overshooting means starting over :(

A menu option to "Skip Cosmetic Block Rotations" would be a simple way to let the game know that you're not worried about how the paintjob is going to look, without requiring any extra keybindings.

Lord Zarnox and Soviet_Samuelson like this.
  2. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

You know it's possible to use `f` and`g` to rotate blocks forwards and backwards. I even rebound those to `q` and `e` on my own client. But yes, rotation control needs a serious reform.

3. ifnotthe2nd

ifnotthe2nd Well-Known Member

perhaps holding down alt or something opens up all rotations but if not held only a few common ones are available

4. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

Alt is already used to deselect blocks being held. Maybe Ctrl?

5. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

If you hold the block in open air and rotate (using F/G) many will ignore (or greatly reduce) the number of cosmetic rotations.