Option to disable right click tech actions

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by QuackDuck, Dec 4, 2018.

1. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

When controlling your tech, you can now right click to bring up and actions menu. While undoubtedly handy, it often gets in the way, especially when panning the camera or when close to another tech e.g. inside a hangar, multitechs with limited space.

Please make it a toggleable option, preferably with a checkbox in the pause menu or something similar. Most of its functions can be performed by the other UI options, so I don't expect it to affect gameplay much.

2. Mindlessmrawesome

Mindlessmrawesome Well-Known Member

I was thinking that as they did the stream. its gonna get really annoying.
    That's why I think there should be a hotkey to open up the radial menu instead of right clicking your tech. Maybe a hotkey to open up the submenus of the radial instead of the whole thing. idk, I can't play terratech accidentally right clicking on my own tech constantly. I build too big for that.

3. zanzistar

zanzistar PAYLOAD STUDIOS

It's not something that I struggle with, but I know @Greg and @kae agree with you. As you say, we'll likely need an options menu choice to have the Tech Radial or HUD buttons on PC.

4. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

choices are usually good,sometimes they can get in the road, but lack of choice is FORCED LIMITS and often frustrations

Thundercraft likes this.
  5. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

I saw Lathrix stumble over this a couple times. I'm sure I must have too. Clicking your own tech doesn't really make as much sense on PC as console. Certainly it's way too fiddly for me to change control schemes via that interface (I just wouldn't use techs that require that).

Being able to assign (and [un]assign) a custom key bind for this (and other things) might be ideal. So right click for now, and as a default, but allowing PC players to put it on another mouse or keyboard buttons, soon, with the next part of updating controls.:)

#5 ZeroGravitas, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 5:23 PM
  6. A Friendly Tech

A Friendly Tech Well-Known Member

If it had its own (assignable!) key to call it up, it'd be just like the Crysis suit menu. That was really easy to use once you memorized where to flick your mouse after opening.

Lord Zarnox and ZeroGravitas like this.
  7. zanzistar

zanzistar PAYLOAD STUDIOS

I worry that hiding it behind a keybind would make it harder to find for new Players. I've asked @kae to bug it and we'll likely give an options menu choice to switch between dedicated HUD buttons and the Right Click Radial.

8. ZeroGravitas

Even if the default keybind is RMB? (I'd be fine with a menu option to fully disable it, personally.)

Lord Zarnox and harpo99999 like this.
  9. Mindl3ss

Mindl3ss Well-Known Member

I worry that toggling the options menu every time you try to rotate the camera while zoomed in is going to make to make it hard to stand for experienced AND new players alike. Set it to default on, and let us disable it if we want fromt he gameplay options menu. New players dont have to find it, and people who know what they are doing arent perpetually annoyed and interrupted by it.

Lord Zarnox and harpo99999 like this.
  10. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Getting a permit to life in a jolly box

ok what does block actions even do. am confuse

11. ZeroGravitas

We're talking about the new radial menu when you right click the tech you are controlling... OIC, the greyed out option is called "Block actions".

[​IMG]

I don't remember if that was explained in the dev stream. I'd guess that it will be for controlling things like the new gyros and controller blocks, without having to right click on them directly... (But isn't fully implemented yet.)

That might actually make the radial menu handy for PC. But HUD buttons with a fixed position would still be better, of course. :)

12. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A festive dragon

I definitely cannot cope with no longer being able to click anything to move the camera unless it's empty space. This is a detriment for big techs, for MultiTechs and is just kind of weird in general. Considering the menu cannot do anything that can't be done anyway, I suggest its trigger being set to scroll-click instead.