Open the R&D Forums?

Should we open this board to all Forum users?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hi R&D Testers,

This forum seems to have died down quite a bit over the past few months. We're putting that down to the fact that there hasn't been much going on in R&D since launch.

As such, in an attempt to get some more activity in this board we're considering opening it up to everyone.

Before we do that we just wanted to run the idea by those who do use this board.

Thanks!
Matt

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
What could it hurt? Still the best way to boost activity in this forum is to give us something to talk about in the R&D. New blocks are the best way I think, just not an awesome block that is full of bugs please ;).

This is a little off topic, but.....
There are a few things that I would like to see in the R&D.
Things like a way to save your snapshots without a background. Would be great for photo editing. The pics are already .PNG so I figure that is half the battle right there.
Maybe have a few different setups for the R&D. One as it is, one without everything but the player and maybe one that could be saved and set as custom by the player. Something like the R&D super saves that were going around a while ago. Those could be shared on steam as well.

We all just need something to talk about :). Have a good one [8D)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
we're considering opening it up to everyone.
Fine by me.;) Open it up or even shut it down and archive it, as far as I'm concerned (bugs and suggestions relating to R&D blocks on the main sections). Unless you devs are about to revive R&D in a big way, with new content...?

a way to save your snapshots without a background.
Had you seen that you can do this via the tech manager, for techs you're not in control of? (A little bit of a silly restriction.)

As for improvements - I'd just be pleased if the over-sized invisible collider is removed from around big warning the sign behind spawn point. I believe Whitepaw said somewhere that it's hard coded into the game... (Can't edit it out of the world file.)

Django

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
As for improvements - I'd just be pleased if the over-sized invisible collider is removed from around big warning the sign behind spawn point. I believe Whitepaw said somewhere that it's hard coded into the game... (Can't edit it out of the world file.)
The sign along with the somewhat offset collider are a single prefab - one of many that get spawned at the start into R&D. If Whitepaw can edit out the others he should be able to do the same with this one. The prefab is called "Experimental_Sign_03"

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
The sign along with the somewhat offset collider are a single prefab - one of many that get spawned at the start into R&D. If Whitepaw can edit out the others he should be able to do the same with this one. The prefab is called "Experimental_Sign_03"
Oh, I've no idea (@WhitePaw2002). My aim was more for a dev fix, for everyone. Sounds fairly straight forwards...;)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Had you seen that you can do this via the tech manager, for techs you're not in control of? (A little bit of a silly restriction.)
I just figured it would leave you with a white background that would still show up when editing, but I guess I should check that out a bit better. Thanks for the heads up.
Have a good one [8D)

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
I am fairly certain after experimenting with the signs and the output log, that the signs in R&D are unmanaged. As in, they would not be in a save file. (Which I also opened up to verify was the case. I could not find any signs except the TerraTech tech (also why is there a big block of string-json in the json)).

And looking at the initiation code for the R&D gamemode, they are indeed loaded upon entry.

Regarding the subject, I don't really have a great suggestion whether or not to follow through with either. Apologies.