Official TerraTech Mod Support

hatamoto

Sep 21, 2016
The TerraTech Modding Resources does not contain RR texture templates, can I request them?

Reactions: sharmoni

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
Help!
So, i've worked my way through this.
had all my textures from the old school texture system.
Got set up, got it all going in Unity, but when it comes to export, the export button is grteyted out, as is the one that let's me select the local game folder.

the green tick is there saying '1/1 assets verified and ready to export'
Also 'you have not edited the mod preview icon that will appear on the workshop'
so i cannot export locally for testing or to steam.
Any advice?

sharmoni

Tech Skinner
Oct 23, 2019
post your preview.png file—it should be a custom file you create, not one that is generated

for example:
preview.png

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
How? the prog generates a standard preview.
How do i do what it is that you want?

sharmoni

Tech Skinner
Oct 23, 2019
I use Photoshop, but Gimp or any other image processing software will work. You just need create your own custom icon png file, name it "preview.png", and replace the one generated by Unity in the root folder of your mod.

Note that this is a global icon for your mod, not one of the icons that is generated for a custom block or skin.

When I make mine I just take a screen capture of the preview window in Unity and paste it on top of a matching-color background, then drop a logo on top of that. The logo is optional, I just like to make it look more official.

Reactions: Zonko

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
Tha
I use Photoshop, but Gimp or any other image processing software will work. You just need create your own custom icon png file, name it "preview.png", and replace the one generated by Unity in the root folder of your mod.

Note that this is a global icon for your mod, not one of the icons that is generated for a custom block or skin.

When I make mine I just take a screen capture of the preview window in Unity and paste it on top of a matching-color background, then drop a logo on top of that. The logo is optional, I just like to make it look more official.
Thanks, i'll give it a try.

sharmoni

Tech Skinner
Oct 23, 2019
Can we get a current skin template for Reticule Research? My RR skin mods are overwriting the colored edges of the new circuit blocks. I'd like to be able to update all my custom skins. Thanks.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
Reactions: Zonko and sharmoni

jupiter878lorem

Jan 11, 2021
Hello y'all. I've been tinkering around with the official modding tool, with help from the forum and the wiki... Even got a custom aesthetic block to work!

My ultimate goal was to make a custom hover, however, and I'm not seeing those in the template menu... Is there currently no way to create custom hover blocks via the tool?

Cheers!

sharmoni

Tech Skinner
Oct 23, 2019
Working on it!
Thanks for getting the template zip updated!
Now that I've started making a new skin, I realize the Mod Editor needs to be updated to include Space Junkers corporation—with a sample tech to preview the skins (and to make the icons).

Reactions: Matt

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
Working on it!
Matt, would it be possible to streamline the making of new skins a bit?
Like, when skins first were a thing, all you had to do was copy the folder, change the texture files, and you were done.
Now there's a whole thing about packaging etc.
And i have quite a cool skin.
but i don't know how to publish it.