Official TerraTech Mod Support

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey Prospectors,

It's finally here. Official Mod Support is a thing!

The first iteration of official mod support is creating skins. Here is a google doc with all the steps you need to take in order to start modding your very own skins! Make sure you follow each step carefully!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xWDgalR6atLUgKuYN-lzhAocXtG5IFFK8Or6Y8x-G1g/edit?usp=sharing

All the tools and info you need to make your own mods are in these instructions, but be sure to let us know if you have any questions below. Also, further Mod Support tweaks and functionality are planned, so please leave any feedback you have in this thread.

If you create and publish a mod using our tools and assets you agree to the following rules:
  • Mods cannot contain any illegal material or put us at risk of exposure to criminal liability
  • If using a third party's work in your mod you must credit them for their work in the mod's description.
  • Mods must not contain any malicious software that could be harmful to other's computers. These include but are not limited to viruses, worms, harmful data,
  • Mods must not contain any material that is explicit, abusive, derogatory, defamatory, discriminatory, deceitful, prejudiced, indecent, or cause offense to any person.
  • mods cannot be seen to be acting as marketing or commercial material in nature.
  • Mod must not disclose sensitive personal information, including but not limited to usernames, passwords, names, addresses, medical history, payment details, such as credit/debit card information.
  • Any person who is seen to be advocating for the above in any way will also be in breach of these rules.
Please refer to our End User License Agreement here for more details.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Nice! :) But what I really want is far more in-depth mod support. I want to create/modify campaigns, stories, missions. I want the ability to adjust game balance to be more challenging, more interesting.
Skins is cool, but it's really just a novelty to paint blocks.

mozuo

I found one phenomenon that bothers me. It is a phenomenon that when I load Tech, the color that should have been set in it appears to be shifted. This happened when I first saved the snapshot with the changed color and then added another mod.

For example, I subscribed to your official mod. And saved one snapshot.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198844388184/myworkshopfiles/?appid=285920
After that, I subscribed to a mod created by another user and loaded the previous snapshot.
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2088334675
As a result, the color that I originally set appears to be shifted.

And the most troublesome thing is that after I unsubscribe from the mod, the previous campaign save data cannot be loaded. "Serious error" is displayed and the TerraTech must be killed.

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

Committing multiple corps
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
I found one phenomenon that bothers me. It is a phenomenon that when I load Tech, the color that should have been set in it appears to be shifted. This happened when I first saved the snapshot with the changed color and then added another mod.

For example, I subscribed to your official mod. And saved one snapshot.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198844388184/myworkshopfiles/?appid=285920
After that, I subscribed a mod created by another user and loaded the previous snapshot.
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2088334675
As a result, the color that I originally set appears to be shifted.
Yeah it does this with unofficial modded skins as well ._.
From my knowledge the tech/blocks are basically given a skin number thing and when that one gets shifted downwards, it changes eg lilberatir for me having GSO using the aperture skin instead of the better HK one

garr890354839

Yeah it does this with unofficial modded skins as well ._.
From my knowledge the tech/blocks are basically given a skin number thing and when that one gets shifted downwards, it changes eg lilberatir for me having GSO using the aperture skin instead of the better HK one
A thing called UV Mapping. EVERY GSO block uses the same texture, just different parts of it.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Nice! :) But what I really want is far more in-depth mod support. I want to create/modify campaigns, stories, missions. I want the ability to adjust game balance to be more challenging, more interesting.
Skins is cool, but it's really just a novelty to paint blocks.
This is just the first step in a long journey for Mod Support. We've got a lot more awesome and exciting things planned which we will announce closer to the time so stay tuned :)

Seth_Seth

Committing multiple corps
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
This is just the first step in a long journey for Mod Support. We've got a lot more awesome and exciting things planned which we will announce closer to the time so stay tuned :)
Are modded blocks going to require complete rewrites from their unofficial versions? also what are the modded corps gonna have-

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Are modded blocks going to require complete rewrites from their unofficial versions? also what are the modded corps gonna have-
I'm not sure, to be honest. That's a question for @Flan or @WhitePaw2002.

EDIT: Sorry @Seth_Seth I was confused by your question (it doesn't take much). It's still very early days when it comes to Official Mod support so we'll iron out all these things closer to the time.

Last edited:

Zonko

The irony is: using the TTMM, adding custom textures is way easier.