Official Mod Support Planning Meeting - 31/03

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
Hi Modders,

We'll be hosting a Planning Meeting tomorrow, 31st March at 3pm BST. The aim of the meeting is to discuss our plans for the next phase of Official Mod Support, and what features we'll be working on. It'll be an open meeting which means you'll be able to attend and have input so if you're interested in Official Mods and would like to have your say on how we develop the tools now is your chance to have your voice heard.

The meeting will be hosted on our Discord server here: https://discord.gg/3euUx2s

If you are unable to attend but would still like to have some input please post any questions or suggestions to this thread and we'll discuss them in the meeting. We'll also post a video of the meeting on YouTube so you'll be able to catch up on all the things we discussed and ask any follow up questions here too.

See you tomorrow!

warbrand2

A merc who loves blowing up large targets.
Jun 16, 2020
One thing I would like to see support for it tech spawners, I mean we all have wanted to make a carrier that deploys mini techs. Though this is more a vanilla feature suggestion.

The idea is something that would spawn a mini tech that will drive/fly around your main tech for a set ammount of time attacking enemies before exploding.

Tankium

Apr 18, 2020
i like the tools a lot, its so easy to add stuff in. I would mostly like to see more versatility. A lot has been done already with custom guns and stuff but currently guns can only fire from a selection of projectiles. If it is possible to make them about as versatile as unofficial blocks that would be AWESOME
My own mod has barely been started and the plans are extremely ambitious (one of them is a cloaking device)
oh yeah and custom enemies seems like a fun idea
Of course, i dont expect all this to be released soon, and i am only relatively new to modding.
Have fun in the meeting everyone, and have a good day

Ya_like_jazz?

Jul 28, 2020
If it hasn't already been added, perhaps you could focus on the main block categories first (eg. Manufacturing or flight). From what I remember, the only block categories that are functional atm are control blocks, basic blocks, weapons, and wheels. After all the basic block categories have been integrated, then perhaps you could consider adding more advanced stuff such custom particle affects/projectiles, buff blocks, non-vanilla block behaviors (eg. LK solarus requires resource chunks to fire), or even legs? Just kidding, I think I want legion to come out before modded legs are possible.

Turtledudeman

duck duck goose
Mar 28, 2021
nowhere
www.google.com
If it hasn't already been added, perhaps you could focus on the main block categories first (eg. Manufacturing or flight). From what I remember, the only block categories that are functional atm are control blocks, basic blocks, weapons, and wheels. After all the basic block categories have been integrated, then perhaps you could consider adding more advanced stuff such custom particle affects/projectiles, buff blocks, non-vanilla block behaviors (eg. LK solarus requires resource chunks to fire), or even legs? Just kidding, I think I want legion to come out before modded legs are possible.
Legion will have the crawler legs so theyll probaly first have legs